It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Extra-Terrestrial Timeline

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
UFO sightings have been documented throughout human history. Here is a small history of E.T. and UFOs throughout history:

45,000b.c.: China; Rock carving have been found of UFO-like objects in the Hunan Province. The carvings date to the Neanderthals.

4,000b.c.: According to Sumerian texts they had contact with E.T.s in modern day Iraq. Texts reveal interbreeding with humans and taking them to the stars. Sumerian text coincides with "The Book of Genesis". They had highly developed astronomy and numbers with 15 digits. According to texts e.t.s are from Mars, Pleiades, and Sirius.

2,000b.c.: Pre-Incan civilization records the Gods as being from Pleiades. Ruins found as high as 13,000ft and and stones weighing as much as 20,000tons have been discovered. They also knew the Earth was round.

593b.c.: Ezekiel has what many consider to be an e.t. encounter. Josef Blumrich, former chief of systems layout NASA, set out to disprove the claims. However, from a careful analysis of the data available he concluded that the vehicle described in the Bible was actually a U.F.O.

223b.c. Rome: "At Arminium a bright light like the day blazed out at night; in many portions of Italy three moons became visible at night" Dio Cassius, Roman History, Book I

170b.c.: Conradt Wolfhart, Lycothenes, a medieval writer, reports "A remarkable spectacle of a fleet of ships was seen in the air at Lanupium"

9b.c. Japan, Kyushu: Nine moons were seen in the sky over the community.

400 Egypt, Pondoru, an Egyptian monk wrote: "From the creation of Adam indeed down to Enoch and to the general cosmic year 1,282, the number of days was known niether in month nor year but Egregori (Watchers or Angels) decended to Earth in the general cosmicm year 1,000, held converse with men and taught them that the orbit of the two luminaries being marked by the 12 signs of the Zodiac are composed of 360 parts."

643 Japan: "Five colored banners and umbrellas hung in the sky over the temple to the sound of various music"

747 China: Huge flame-breathing dragons were reported seen in the skies, accompanied by men in airships.

748 England: Ships were seen in the air with their men.

800 Peru: A theoretical date for the mass carvings known as the Nazca lines that resemble landing strips in the Peruvian Andes

1015 Japan: Two objects were seen "Giving birth" to smaller luminous spheres over Japan

1133 Japan: A large, silvery disc is reportd to have come close to the ground.

1180 Japan, Kii Province: A term similiar to our "Flying saucer" was used by the Japanese 700yrs. before it came into use in the west. Ancient documents describe a flying "Earthenware Vessel." The object which had been heading northeast changed its direction disappearing below the horizon, leaving a luminous trail.

1332 England, Uxbridge: There was seen in the sky a pillar of fire the size of a small boat, pallid and livid in colour. It rose from the south and crossed the sky and then went north. Its speed increased as it went through the air.

1347 Europe, Black Plaque, 1347-50: Reports from this period feature strange cigar-like objects flying low through the sky and dispensing noxiuos mists. Soon after these objects would pass by plague would break out in the area. Other reports contain sightings of MIB-like, scythe wielding "reapers" clad in black hoods and robes, mysterously slaughtering cattle and other animals.

1492: While standing on the deck of the Santa Maria, C. Columbus and P. Gutierrez witnessed a "Glimmering light at a great disance." It vanished and reappeared several times through the night. It was sighted 4hrs before land was sighted and taken by Columbus as a sign that they would soon come to land travel by aerial vessels.

1577 Germany: "Objects came out of the clouds resembling large, tall, and wide hats and they landed in great numbers and in a variety of colours." Pierre Boaistuan

1643: "I must not forget what amazed us exceedingly the night before, namely, a shining cloud in the sky resembling a sword, the point reaching to the north. It was as bright as the moon, the rest of the sky being very serene. It began at about 11p and vanished not until about 1a, being seen by all the south of England." John Evelyn

1680 France: The government issues a commemorative coin of a UFO sighting.

1700 USA: There is an 18th century native legend about luminous humanoid beings who paralyzed people using a small tube. In variations of the tale, Native women were said to have married the beings.

1752 Switzerland: Bright shapes were seen coming out of a bright cylinder.

1833 Canada: A large square shaped, luminous object was seen for more than an hour over Niagra Falls.

1842 Soviet Union, Orenburg: Small metal shapes perfectly hexagonal, fell out of the sky after a "strange cloud" appeared.

1860 Shreveport, Louisiana, USA: "Our attention was called to a strange light in the heavens. On going out into the gallery we had a magnificent view of it. It appeared to the naked eye, about 300yds in length, extending from north to west extending just above the tallest trees. Its color was that of a red hot stove from the center beautiful rays resembling those of the sun drawing water would ascend to a considerable height, the whole presenting a very beautiful and sublime sight. We watched it for about an hour without perceiving it to change any."

1874 Oaxaca, Mexico: Residents saw a huge trumpet shaped, swaying object, estimated to be 425ft long hovering in the sky for six minutes.

1879 Persian Gulf: The S.S. Vulture crew reported, two luminous, rotating wheels, about 130ft across, seen above the water before diving.

1947 Roswell, New Mexico: I think we all know how this goes. Disproved by the government that it was a crashed weather balloon. Proved by witnesses that it wasn't.

1997 Phoenix, Arizona: Several strange lights appear in the sky and seem to move slowly. Reported that they are only military flares. Thousands of witnesses, including the Mayor of Phoenix at the time, claim they saw a V-shaped flying object that was enormous in size, up to a mile wide.

There are hundreds more accounts of UFOs ove the years. Hard to believe, after looking at the evidence, that anyone could discount the history and validity of such claims. Post other know UFO events here if you wish.

www.scribd.com...

[edit on 5-4-2009 by esteay812]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Great work and a great thread!
Deserves a star and a flag.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
brillant!!! very usefull info there, well done!!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Definitely a good time-line. However I would like the original sources. For those of you interested in the broad historical view of this phenomenon you might want to also check out the timeline on ufocasebook.com.

Probably my biggest beef with this thread is the topic title. I think it would have been more accurate if it was called something like: A Timeline of Non-Human Intervention. We can't really say if it's extra-terrestrial.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

I included a link to the source in the original post. I understand why you would want to change the title to non-human encounters because there is no proof that these were indeed UFO or E.T. encounters, but there is also no proof that they are not.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Good thread and welcome to ATS!Have you ever read the Terra Papers?I too think that there is an alternate history of planet Earth.Have you read the Dulce Papers as well?Good post.......Star and flag.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Thank you for the s&f. I have read the Terra Papers recently. They are an amazing work and they have a lot of cross connections with a lot of Sitchin's work. Though there are obvious differences as well. I love the Terra Papers, but I am indifferent on whether they are true or not.

I have not read "The Dulce Papers", though I have read a lot of the reports as to what has supposedly happened there and the idea that there is an underground base below a mesa on a Native American reservation.[EDIT]: I just read the Dulce Papers, looks like some papers John Lear has that Bob Lazar gave to him.

Note: I edited the original post for spelling mistakes, not enough letters there for the note.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by esteay812]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
reply to post by Xtraeme

I included a link to the source in the original post.

I'm not criticizing your sourcing. Rather I'm criticizing the lack of sourcing in the original source (man that's a mouthful
)! I spent a goodly amount of time several years back digging up records for many similar historical accounts and often times they, unfortunately, originate from shady individuals. Even Vallee has used questionable sources. *shrugs*

I understand why you would want to change the title to non-human encounters because there is no proof that these were indeed UFO or E.T. encounters, but there is also no proof that they are not.

I'm quite certain we can say there is proof of UFOs. However the mistake is assuming this implies extra-terrestrial occupants. There are far too many possibilities to say either way what we're dealing with.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

I know you weren't criticizeing(?), I just thought you may have missed the link there. I know a lot of the things throughout our modern history can't be explained, but that doesn't mean they are not Military experiments, secret aircraft, and so on. It is hard for me to believe that Humans had the ability to fly in the way some of these sightings explain, up to tens of thousands of yeas ago. When did we really learn to fly? If it were thousands of years ago, then smelting metals, mixing fuels, and many other things have to be called into question, if we assume there is a Terrestrial explanation for these ancient sightings. This opens more questions about us than it answers and can prove that we, as humans, have been lied to about nearly every important advancement throughout the history of our species, including the advent of religion. If this is the case then there is, without a doubt, an elite group of humans. They have controlled and manipulated man-kind throughout history. Could this be possible? Yes, but unlikely. To me it would be easier to classify them E.T., and possibly more logical. (unless they are terrestrial, but not human)

edit for grammar and punctuation

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
In the original post I have left out, what many consider, the most important sightings in our recent history. Here they are:

1942 Los Angeles, California, USA: It is very rare that among the annals of Ufology there should appear a UFO case which involved military, yet is accompanied with actual photographic proof. Such is the case of an event which took place over the Los Angeles area on February 25, 1942. A giant UFO would actually hover over the city, and be witnessed by hundreds of observers.

As America was gathering its senses after the shocking attack on Pearl Harbor in December, 1941, there was a heightened feeling of insecurity and anxiousness. The skies were being watched as never before as a giant UFO moved through California, alerting the military and civilian watchers as well. This case is known as the "Battle of Los Angeles," and is one of the most important cases in Ufology.

The giant hovering object was soon lit up by the gigantic spotlights of the Army's 37th Coast Artillery Brigade. Everyone who looked up was shocked by the sight of the giant UFO sitting above their city. Military aircraft were sent to confront the object.

Because of a well-organized alert system, the whole California southern section was searching the night skies in a matter of minutes. What they saw were beaming searchlights illuminating the night sky, all of them converging on one thing-a UFO. The beams of light would soon be accompanied by tracer fire from anti-aircraft artillery, all of the rounds aiming at the invading craft. The giant UFO would take direct hit after hit, yet without damage. The barrage of spent shells would fall over the entire area-no place was safe this night. Many were injured, and there were even reports of death from the falling shells. According to newspaper reports, eyewitnesses described the sight of the UFO like a "surreal, hanging, magic lantern."

Fortunately, an extremely good quality photograph was taken of the object-beams attached, tracer fire visible. This photograph has become a classic UFO photograph.

Woman Air Raid Warden Gives Testimony: "It was huge! It was just enormous! And it was practically right over my house. I had never seen anything like it in my life!" she said.
"It was just hovering there in the sky and hardly moving at all. It was a lovely pale orange and about the most beautiful thing you've ever seen. I could see it perfectly because it was very close. It was big!"

More Eyewitness Testimony:
"They sent fighter planes up and I watched them in groups approach it and then turn away. There were shooting at it but it didn't seem to matter."
"It was like the Fourth of July but much louder. They were firing like crazy but they couldn't touch it."

"I'll never forget what a magnificent sight it was. Just marvelous. And what a gorgeous color!" she said

The Guns Fall Silent:
The giant invading airship was now gone, and the citizenry of the southern California area began to resume normal activities. This was an extremely important event-one that will not be forgotten.
Only the news of the war kept this from becoming a major news event. This case must have been in the mind of President Ronald Reagan when he warned us of an "alien threat, from outside of our world."

Are we ready?

ufos.about.com...

1952 Washington D.C., USA: During the dawn of Ufology in the United States, unidentified flying objects made themselves known to the leaders of the free world, buzzing over the White House, the Capitol building, and the Pentagon. Seemingly the unknown objects were defying the very governmental agencies sworn to protect the United States from foreign powers. Washington National Airport and Andrews Air Force Base picked up a number of UFOs on their radar screens on July 19, 1952, beginning a wave of sightings still unexplained to this day.

1965-Tulsa, Oklahoma. A large wave of UFO sightings occurred in 1965 in the U. S. From coast to coast strange low flying flying objects were reported almost nightly by people of all ages and walks of life. As the year progressed, the number of reports rose dramatically. On the night of August 2, 1965 thousands of people in 4 midwestern states witnessed spectacular aerial displays by large formations of UFOs. That same night a multicolored disc was photographed in Tulsa, Oklahoma while several persons watched it perform low altitude maneuvers. This picture was extensively analyzed, pronounced authentic, and later published by Life magazine.

1972, Apollo 16, Moon mission dates: April 16-27, CDR: John W. Young, CMP: Kenneth Mattingly, LMP: Charles Duke. Importance of mission: Explored the Moon's rocky central highlands. NASA archives (photo No AS16-114-18423) Mission Apollo 16 on the Moon. Astronaut Charles Duke photographed collecting lunar sample at Station 1. The UFO is seen at just right of top center. No explanation has been given for the object.

Connecticut, 1987. Randy Etting was taking a walk outside his home. A commercial airline pilot with over 30 years experience, he always looked at the sky. On the night he took the photograph, he saw a number of orange and red lights approaching from the west. He got his binoculars and called his neighbors to come outside. The object, by this time was a great deal closer and seemed to be over I-84, just east of Etting's home... the lights were shimmering like distortion from engine heat, but he could hear no sound. Etting stated: "As the UFO passed over I-84, cars in both the east and west bound lanes began pulling over and stopping. The UFO displayed a semi-circular pattern of very bright multicolored lights. Five motorists reported that, as the object became visible, a number of cars lost power and had to pull off the highway."

1994 December 21. While taking photos of the eruption of Mt. Popocatepetl in Puebla, Mexico, he shot this photo. It has been authenticated by many photographic experts and published in numerous magazines, newspapers, and books. This picture shows a glowing, yellowish, disc shaped object with a red hue toward the top and windows or portholes.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Still a few more:

2005-Texas, City of Kaufman. Taken on 01-21-05-© Lawwalk. The photographer states: "I was out today taking pictures of the chemtrails 01-21-2005, and at 11:35 AM. I was aiming my camera at a scrawny little cloud. As I was snapping the picture, I noticed a flash in the sky through the viewfinder. When the picture came on the screen, I noticed a gold-colored object at the top of the cloud I had captured also. I looked back where it was and of course it was gone. I really couldn't tell much of what it may be until I downloaded it to my computer. I zoomed in on it and nearly fell out of my chair. It appears to be a craft of some kind with maybe windows or ports on the right side, in the middle. It also appears to be emanating a gas or some type of energy field around it, mainly at the top." An excellent photograph in need of further study.

May 8, 1950-This is one of the most famous UFO pictures ever taken. Photographed by Paul Trent, and first witnessed by his wife. They were published in a local newspaper in McMinnville, Oregon shortly thereafter. Soon, the Trent photos were published in Life magazine edition of June 26, 1950. The rest is history. These photos have been deemed authentic for over 50 years.

More on Los Angeles 1942:

z.about.com...

Los Angeles, February 25, 1942, 02:25 PM-Alarm sirens installed in the event of a Japanese air raid are started as flying objects are seen and announced in the sky. A blackout is declared and the anxious and even terrified inhabitants follow the instructions by turning all the lights off. 03:16 PM Anti-aircraft guns open fire on the unidentified flying objects coming from the ocean, and projector beams are searching the sky. Witnesses observe small objects flying at high altitude, of red or silver plated color, moving in formation at high speed, and untouched by the AAA salvos. This large object was unhurt by many AAA projectiles, according to the reports. Usually known as photograph from the "Battle of Los Angeles."

Credit: ufos.about.com...

I could not find any real credible photos of the O'Hare incident in Chicago, Ill, USA. I didn't forget it though. A large UFO was spotted hovering over a terminal at Chicago's O'Hare Airport. Witnesses include employees of the airport, maintainance crews, and civilians.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This is an excellent collection. I've always wondered what all the Romans documented as I've heard that they took a keen interest in the UFO phenomina back during their empire's zenith. I wonder if anyone else has anymore UFO chronicles by them?

Here are a couple of historical instances to add to your list:

1290: A Latin document found at Byland Abbey in Yorkshire, England, describes an incident in 1290 when a 'round, flat, silver object' flew over the monastery exciting 'maximum terror' among the monks .

1493: A German publication from 1493 describes how a cigar-shaped object surrounded by flames flew in a straight path through the sky from south to east, then turned towards the setting sun.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 3DPrisoner

I have seen many accounts throughout history that describe an object flying through the sky emitting flames, but I personally have to discount these as nothing more than meteors or comets. I like the ones, like what you posted, that describe a similiar object that flies through the sky AND also changes direction.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Unfortunately when you just throw in every possible thing that can be interpreted as an alien visitation you discredit your entire catalogue.

Somethings from thousands of years ago based a lunatic fringe paperback author like Sitchin, or reported sightings from hundreds of year ago with absolutely no way of independently validating their authenticity.

My great-grandfather saw a UFO with aliens coming out and giving him silver cigars in 1897. Do you want to include that?

There is a reason why serious-minded people, even if they're open to the possibilities of aliens, dismiss UFOlogy.

Mike

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
nice post. we certainly cant dismiss some of these as secret government projects !!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Mike, I didn't just "throw" everything in there. If you would check the link you would see that there is probably 100 more that were troughout the timeline indicated that were not included. I only included the ones that were the most provocative in a sense that they are familiar with other reportings. You should also take stock in the fact that this timeline isn't a definitive scientific study, but it is a history pointing to the fact that anomolies have been reported in our skies for a very, very long time. Without people reporting and documenting their sightings and without studying those sightings and reports there wouldn't be anything (like UFOs or aliens) to believe in, and there definitely wouldn't be UFOlogy.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme

Definitely a good time-line. However I would like the original sources. For those of you interested in the broad historical view of this phenomenon you might want to also check out the timeline on ufocasebook.com.

Probably my biggest beef with this thread is the topic title. I think it would have been more accurate if it was called something like: A Timeline of Non-Human Intervention. We can't really say if it's extra-terrestrial.

If it's not human mate, what is it?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by brengizzle

Originally posted by Xtraeme

If it's not human mate, what is it?

Click the "We can't really say if it's extra-terrestrial" link or take a gander at this. Everything outside of those that have been ruled out are fair game. If you have another I'd love to add it to the list.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
These are great, unfortunately many sceptics will dismiss them as recent hoaxes. I'm a believer but I'd like to see some historically proven sources, if we had something more solid to point to our case would be much stronger. But just the fact that UFOs (whatever they are) have been reported for so long almost disproves the "experimental airplanes" theory.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

The "logy" in UFOlogy isn't like biology or psychology. There isn't a body of solid enough knowledge to be deemed "logged." It's because of the "unidentified" in UFO. It would be different if we (the normal public, at least) had a clue of their design/propulsion and purpose. UFOlogy is an unfortunate misnomer.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join