It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my soldier boy's on his way back to iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
tears of a soldier

murky green splotches
saline sentiment from stone
suede-preserved stains
tears of a soldier

contemplative fissures close
rock reclines on suede

rippling shadowy moonswept
sentience beckons the swell of the tide
salty foam tongues tease
rage
swallow
ebb
tracing saline sentiment from stone

sun-crusted residue scabs
the sea sighs and gropes for
something solid
swelling her boundaries with
tears for a soldier

How do you deal with this?? How do you watch someone you love struggle just to stay in survival mode? Helplessness is not something I handle well.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I have a daughter in Afghanistan at the moment and the only advice I can give is take it one day at a time. It's scary, I live in fear of every knock on my door. Still, pray a lot. It gets me through.

Welcome to ATS. I look forward to seeing you around the boards,

wupy

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

My heart goes out to you. I'd be a wreck if one of my boys went to war. It might just happen as my pilot son wants to be a fighter pilot. All I can say is it helps to be able to go to a higher power for strength and peace.

All the best to both of you.

[edit on 4/5/2009 by sad_eyed_lady]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I swear to God, the folks back home have a much harder time than the soldiers in the field.

The soldiers are usually busy working the problem, and often a bit too busy to do a whole lot of worrying.

But the mothers, fathers, wives, husbands, children and other family members can't just always get busy and change their thoughts.

Keep you in mind, and we gotta keep our front up, and not dwell on the negatives.

For them.

They need to be able to concentrate on the task at hand. So they can come back.

But never soon enough.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Stay strong and know that you are not alone,

Many of us here have family who are in the mist of battle right now, Its hard, and its scary.. Maybe more so for those of us sitting here worrying,

Find support from others and stand together supporting them and being proud of them,

Hugs xx

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

thanx for the kind words....watcha "mad as Hell" about?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!
I will not pretend to act as though I know what you are going through. I could not even imagine what it's like to have a child at war(Even if they are grown, they are still your children). Though I'm a father, it still in no way qualifies me to know your situation. Having said this, and knowing it may be of little consolation, I still would like to tell you how much gratitude I have for what your son or daughter is doing. It makes me proud to have volunteers who will put their life on the line for this country. The sacrifice they and their families like yourself make is the very definition of bravery. I truely thank you and your soldier!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I hope your soldier the best. They are part of an extended family now. They really do look out for each other. I do really hope they are kept safe and will return home to you soon.
None of my children are old enough to serve yet, so I do not know exactly how you feel.
However, it really burns me up that I am unable to stand beside my brothers (and sisters). I was forced into retirement by an injury. I am doing fine, but unable to serve.
Just know that they are not alone and someone will always have their back.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I know how you feel! My son has been there twice.
He has been in the Army for over 10 years ,and it seems that he keeps getting called back overseas.
Just hang in there as I know how you feel. Like said above all you can do it take it one day at a time. Also he was able to talk to us just about every day over the internet, so you should have contact with him , and that does help.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I totally agree! I'm leaving for Afghanistan in october and i'll be gone for the entire year of 2010. I'm not frightened, but my family is. This does put stress on me! I wish they really wouldn't worry, but I guess that's asking alot.

I just hope these families with soldiers deployed can find a medium in their daily life.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Welcome to ats

Spike

new topics

top topics

join