It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The one topic that truly haunts me...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hi Guys,

I've decided, against perhaps my better judgment, to share the story I sent to eerie investigations team here in the UK for advice on what was to be expected in the future. The following is an email I sent on 22 December 2005 about events that occurred in the flat my Ex Partner still lives in.

It may take time to read, but please do because there's a new kicker (yay, for me) at the end. NOTE: where I reference "our daughter", she was actually my step daughter.

I came across your website whilst just browsing and thought I'd ask for some general information. Unfortunately at this time my partner won't allow any kind of investigation into the property as our daughter is heavily involved in all of the activity I am going to share with you. Please may I ask that if you wish to share this information that you omit my name in place of fictional - I have not included the other names involved as I wish them to keep anonymity. My main queries are a) how much of the following phenomena is out of the ordinary (I think we've had pretty much every type of recorded phenomena in existence!) and b) we are pretty sure that it has stopped now, however we think this is due to us facing up to what was happening and confronting whatever caused this, and we're wondering if any of this may come back....

Me and my partner and her 3 year old daughter live in a council rented middle floor flat in Yorkshire. About 6 months ago our little girl started talking about 2 people "ben" and "fire". She had never really been exposed to anything relating to fire (we have no fireplace, as she was so young we hadn't taken her to or talked about bonfires etc) so we thought it odd that she called it "fire". She would point out where fire was standing and told us he'd said to open the window and "fly, fly away". It was the middle of the night when she first told us by coming into our bedroom and waking us up - all quite bizarre we thought but kids have imaginary friends so as the days past and she continued talking about, and more worryingly to, "ben" and "fire" we just let it slide and didn't encourage her. These two characters faded out over time as stranger things started to occur and all three of us were more consumed with a seemingly mischievous, and eventually malevolent 'being' that entered the flat.

The first instance of anything happening to anyone else was to my partner. She was upset one night and crying in bed while I was asleep - there was no particular reason, she just felt low and cannot explain why to this day. At the foot of the bed she heard her name called out by a distinctively male voice.... she shrugged it off twice before the third time she was positive that there was somebody literally feet away calling her name. She didn't sleep that night and vows that what she heard was not her sub conscience.

Only a few days later, my partner again, was lying on the couch. I had again gone to bed as I had work early the next day. She began to hear footsteps across the living room carpet followed by a flurry of whispers in her ear - this exact same situation occurred the next night but this time to her sister who was staying at our flat... we hadn't spoken to her sister at this point about any activity!.

The next incident was, in my opinion, the second most poignant of the whole affair. At approximately 12:30am on a Friday night/Saturday morning I was chatting to my partners 2nd sister and using my web cam in a chat room. Our daughter was fast asleep and my partner on the couch. The camera pointed towards myself and the hallway behind me where on the cam I saw a pale face, move from one side of the hall to the other, then an outline of a body bending over appeared under the face as it made fluid movement, and disappeared. This to me was a mature female figure, and frankly scared the life out of me. As I began to type to her sister to say what I'd seen she commented "who was that woman behind you just then? I think you have ghosts"...

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
From this point on there wasn't a night when something didn't happen. Doors shut by themselves, voices from our girls room when she was fast asleep, and a creepy cobweb like feeling in certain places of the flat coinciding with drafts of cold air from unfathomable directions... things finally reached a head when we put our girl to bed one night and saw her physically shake in front of us, but this wasn't any kind of convulsion, parts of her head and torsoe were almost levitated from the bed. We grabbed her at this point, wrapped a coat around her and ran over to spend the night with her auntie - of course we left the web cam running whenever we left the house but caught nothing.

The following evening we all came back home and everything was fine. Seemingly too quiet after all that's been happening. For about a week nothing happened, but we were still talking about all the phenomena and occasionally there was obvious fear in me or my partner... until on a Wednesday night we went through our usual routine of putting our girl to bed and getting dinner ready for ourselves when we would sit on the couch and put a film on to watch. About half an hour into the film our girl came running into the living room, more upset than we'd ever seen her, frantic with panic. She had red marks, adult finger size all over her body, even on her face and on her back, legs, arms and torso. I thought this must be a rash, finger marks would show up white anyway... but as we were trying to calm her the marks began to disappear and vanish - this just can't be explained by any medical journal. We decided that since whatever it was now felt it had the right to physically assault our daughter, that now was a good time to leave. Again we wrapped her up and took her to her aunties.

After a couple of hours I returned to the flat, angry and although scared I was sure (in my head!) that whatever did this was now more frightened of me and I decided to spend the night alone with it. I left our girls bedroom light on - I actually turned most of the lights on, for comfort I suppose, and I began to challenge whatever was there to show itself, calling it a coward, telling it that it knew we would get rid of it for good, saying it wasn't welcome etc. Several things began to happen. The television in our daughters room turned on when I was in the lounge, I went to turn it off and left the room only to hear it turn back on and repeat this 3 or 4 times. This was followed by a series of moans, the last of which came right into my left ear and made me jump out of my skin - I would have said it was a man and although cliche it was the most haunting thing I'd ever heard - even stranger was that I could almost feel a breath on my face as it happened.

I stood my ground and continued to challenge the entity, and by now I wasn't so frightened at all. On several occasions I ignored odd noises and just sat waiting for more.

Strangely, when my partner and daughter returned the next day, they both said they weren't scared of anything and we all agreed that we would just go back to our everyday routine and ignore it. Nothing has happened to our little girl since. She has forgotten about ben and fire. She doesn't remember the nights we took her out of there. My partner, who was visibly shaken by some of the events has admitted when out of the flat of being scared at home sometimes and even hearing the noises on the carpet since (I too have heard this since) but we both have ignored this or been completely dismissive and downright rude to whatever was in the flat. Nothing has happened now for about 6 months - we know there is something there, it feels like there isn't - we don't get cold spots or hear anything anymore but in the back of our minds we are aware, and ready for if it started again.

I'm not exactly sure how or why you would be interested in my story, especially since there is no evidence I can offer or invitation to investigate, but I would like to know if similar events have been experienced by people you have been in contact with and if any of the events recurr after seemingly disappearing? Were the spirits frightened away because we stood up to them or did they simply become bored because we gave them no attention? Is this a common story or would you say that we have had more activity than most?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
THE KICKER:

Thanks for bearing with me and reading all of that (if you have). 3 years on and we are not together any longer, but I now live down the road and my now 2 year old daughter stays on weekends.

The flat I've moved into is the ground floor of a 16th century house - nice place in the day.

My ex thankfully has nothing in the flat scaring the kids anymore. Maybe, it's because they moved in with me (??). I hate this topic because it really is the ONLY thing that genuinely scares the crap out of me. Of a night - 3 + years on, in a new home - I hear footsteps, rustling, doors slamming... my PC will turn itself ON and when i switch it off and get into bed back ON again... then clothes and pens have been literally thrown onto my bed.... they like these games. I've grown accustom to this, particularly on a Thursday night when everything is heightened - If you want to catch me late at night try a Thursday - I hate going to bed that night - no idea of the relevance?.

Is it possible for 'something' to follow a person? I'm sorry to take up so much of your time with this story - i've only shared with friends, family and the investigations group for answers before, but now my daughter, who is just starting to talk, likes to talk to corners of the room with nothing and nobody in. I don't want to have to go through this again, but I will.

For all the conspiracies and paranormal events i believe in this is the one I deny and yet understand the most, because I'm living it and it scares the hell out of me - a big strong 28 year old man... lying awake shaking with eyes open, some nights.

Emotionally since moving in alone has been hard for me, and I lost my mother in November plus having serious health problems recently, I'd like to think my mind is making it all up - but there's no way i can imagine my PC to turn on or my clothes to be slung across the room...

I will continue to deny this phenomena after tonight. But I do feel drained. And would like to know if it's possible I'm being used.

Thank you for your time.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
ok ill be honest here!! i didnt read the whole thing,. i skiped alot coz my eyeballs would have fallen out hehe..

But i read the last part about moving into a new home and the child and stuff..

Seems reaaally interesting "not for you by the sounds of it"..

Oh and can i say thanks for posting it not many would "i will read more befor i sleep".. anways

it sounds like a polterguiest? i dont want to alarm you and i know thats the last thing you want to hear.. but i do belive your honest even without proof..

why? well iv seen a gohst for a start lol so i know somethings aint right with out little bubble we like to live in

have you tried talking to a priest for an exorsist or something of that nature? i know that seems silly to some but spirts and so forth "from what i understand" are trapped here? maybe it is only able to see you?

can i ask if its did anything to harm you? "other than scare you i mean"??

coz it could be trying to get your attention or something?? i dont know

But the part i read was worth the time.. and i do plan on reading the lot

so ill contribute more to this later but im going to give you a star and flag and welcome to ats and thanks for sharing your events with the rest of the people who read it.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
expel fear from your heart.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Hey
thank's for reading as much as you did... I know it's hard to read other's personal experiences and be objective.

I've never felt threatened either here or at the old flat. I've felt angry, and I've felt scared... I've heard things can thrive off of fear etc. but it's the only thing i can't shake a fear of, ever since i first encountered 'something' when I was 5 or 6 (don't worry I won't bore you with that one too!!).

As for a priest it would seem hypocritical as an atheist to call in a christian to fix things

I do think i need to stop fearing this though... I'm not soft, by any stretch, but weird things happening emotionally like... I cried at Monsters Inc. last week... seriously I've seen it before too... WTF is that about?!?!

This is why I'm concerned mostly.. .that some energy whatever you want to call it is draining me or somehow making me an emotional vegitable... i don't know.. I sound like a kook

EDIT: laugh all you want but when sully has to put boo back it can hurt a guy!!! Can't believe I'm admitting this!!

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Pr0t0]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I did read your whole post. I believe you. There was a man on c2c Friday night who had similar, even worse, experiences while growing up. Like you he talked about how this activity wore down (drained) his entire family.
Here is a link to a summary of the show. He also wrote a book about it.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

BTW Same night George Noory gave a "Shoutout" to ATS and other web sites. Thanking them for their support.

[edit on 4/5/2009 by sad_eyed_lady]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I read your whole post too... what a fightening experience. I think it is interesting that by ignoring it or being "downright rude", as you described it, things seemed to slow down and not cause so much emotional turmoil.

Were the investigative team able to suggest anything that might help you?

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Awesome, thanks... I'll have to subscribe to listen, but I'll do that.

I don't think of any of this being 'dark' or whatever as Bill has said (googled him) of his experiences... i don't have any idea what it is, spirit, random energy, could be a multitude of things?

I'm actually considering placing a cam and mic in the doorway of the room to see if i get anything while i sleep... ill see about that tonight and report back tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
OK so I'm set to go in the doorway, and i want to start before midnight as it usually kicks off around now, if anything but I can't find any web cam recording software??

Any suggestions??

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Wow made my sking tingle reading that....

Be safe.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Tadarida

Hi There...

This is the reply I got from Eerie (I've omitted names / numbers):

"Thanks very much for your email.

Wow, where do we start?! That was one heck of an experience which
you all had, and we are very grateful to you for sharing it with us,
for being so candid, and for putting so much detail into your email.

This is just the sort of thing which we like to hear about, if you
are ok with us putting this on the web site then we will slim it down
to remove any personal names or details, and put pseudonyms in there
in place.

We completely understand why at present you wouldn't want us to do
an investigation but if you do change your mind in the future then we
would be interested.

To answer your questions, we would certainly say that you have
experienced far more activity than most people whom we've talked
to. We have had similar cases before, many of which have been based
around children, and in some of which there has been physical
evidence such as scratches and hair being pulled out. But yours is
far more intense, and the fact that it has been witnessed by multiple
people (and the web cam) makes it stand out. If you haven't already
read it then you would find our investigation in Croydon very
interesting as it has many parallels with your own experiences.

Its hard to say why the activity might have died down, and also
hard to say if it would come back or not - as it very much depends
on the particular spirit. Normally in these cases we take along with
us one or more mediums to see what they can pick up. But, we feel
the fact that you stood up to it is the more likely reason why it
has been quelled now, as angry/mischievous spirits tend to feed on
fears and negative energies, and when you are frightened this gives
them more power. As you are conquering your fears, it can help it
dissipate. Creating a lot of laughter and happy sounds/music in
the house can also clear negative energies, and use of things
like sage incense/smudge sticks around the home also dispels
negative energies. This might sound strange, but we've found that
it does appear to work (I also do house clearances if people
whom we visit for investigations wish it)

Feel free to drop us a line, or give us a call (020 8xx xxxx)
if you want to chat in more detail about your experiences.

Kind Regards, and best wishes for the Christmas season."

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Yeah....that was pretty freaky man.

I'm sure they can follow you.. perhaps you should call those guys out, eerie.... at least verify and see if it is in your mind (as you're on your own now) and see if they can locate anything.

Keep us posted dude.

Very interesting read.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Very interesting! When I was a little girl, we lived in a haunted house. I was only 3 or 4 so I don't remember very much, but I do remember a night when my sister let out a horrible scream...she and her bed where levitated and dropped to the floor. We went through a lot of things, my mom has them written down in a journal. I am grown now with grown children of my own and of course I have shared the story with them. I know that these things are real! They do happen. Take care and thank you for sharing your story!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I think that in your case, the spirit entity is not malevolent, but in fact attention-seeking.
Imagine if you died, left your physical body but then found out you cannot reach the white light, to rest with the spirits of those that you loved in life.
You would be left to drift about, unseen, on a plane of existance where you could be in a crowd of people yet still be alone, no one acknowledging your presence.
But then, imagine if you came across someone who was sensitive to your energy, and responded to your interactions (your daughter). You would do anything and everything to make yourselves known to people closer to your own age or intellegence levels (drawn from the fact you said it had a man's groan) that were close to the sensitive person.
When you did start realising the spirits presence, it realised that by physically doing things (and not just communicating with your daughter), it could evoke a more interesting response from you. When you became interested, it began to focus activity around you, and the marks on your daughter would have been like a signature, to say "I am here!" to you.
I honestly think that this entity has developed an interest in you, yet it's approach to friendship is all wrong. If you can find a local and developed medium, they may be able to communicate with this spirit to find out more. I advise you tell the spirit that (if it is trying to communicate with or befriend you) you demand its respect! It needs to know that by striking fear into your heart it has made you dislike it, after which it should be persuaded to quite down a bit.
I highly suggest that the spirit is then exorcised by the medium, which involves guiding the spirit towards the light and removing it's presence from this plane.

Sorry if that all sound a bit mumbo-jumbo, but I bet it will work.

Good luck!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
It really really bothers me to hear about anyone being harrassed like this, and especially children. A lot.
I'm sorry you have had to go through all of this, and I don't know what to say since my idea of it is rooted in my beliefs that many may not share...I think they are probably demons....I don't think a human becomes a spirit that stays on the earth, and if they did, I don't think they could watch people suffer like that and continue the harrassment though I suppose some sorts of people might be perfectly ok with that in the afterlife if they are...dicks...
I think also that if humans did become spirits they'd be looking for a heck of a lot more to do with themselves in their state than bug a few people that just get scared sh*tless and don't know what to do to help them. If that's what they want....
I dunno, I think that this sort of stuff is the work of something very evil and so I may not be much help...
But I really hope it clears up and never returns. That's bloody unfair and disturbing..
Wishing you the best....

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Unfortunately, yes I do believe they can indeed follow you from one home to another if they attatch themselves to you. If it weren't for the 1000's of miles between us, I'd offer to come over on a Thursday night to help out if I could. I really suggest that you call in someone to investigate and to help move the presence on. Good luck to you, don't let things get out of hand for your daughter's sake. Act now, before she goes through anything as frightening as you've already had before.
Stay safe.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

Thanks for sharing your story. I have a question for you though: What's keeping you from confronting what ever is in your flat this time just like you did last time? Last time you had the you would have ripped its head off. This time you seem to want to run scared. DON'T!!! Take control like you did last time. Take control of your home and let what ever it is know that it's your flat not theirs.

Confront it and go about your life. Call on the power of God if need be and control your home. You did it before and things felt calmer in the other flat. Why not do the same thing now?!

I know it's scary, trust me I know but you have the power my friend.

There is "something" in my apartment as well. One night I'm at my computer and I hear what I thought was the beep of a low battery in the smoke alarm coming from the kitchen. Only thing was the smoke alarm was sitting on my desk near my computer (recently painted and hadn't but it back up yet.) Weird thing was that the beeping continued every 10 - 15 seconds or so and traveled around my apartment circling me. Very weird. At one point I got up and loudly commanded that what ever it was leave my apartment. The beeping stopped shortly afterward. The movement that I see out the corner of my eyes continue as does the feeling that someone has walked into my bedroom and is standing there watching me. I pay it no mind and continue on with my life. Unnerving yes. Scary yes, but I refuse to entertain stupid games of now you see and feel me and now you don't. Whatever for what ever it is! I'm not trying to capture it on film and acknowledge its existence, or give it any of my energy and I'm fine with that.

I wish you the best of luck. Just remember that you have the power. It doesn't control you and you shouldn't give it your energy by being afraid.

Be well, be blessed and live to love.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Yes, some things will follow you.
I have a few theories, but I can't prove any one of them; I only know that if I attempted to put into writing all of my experiences within my home, I would take more than a few pages to do so. Ten years now I've lived in this house, and eight of them have been tainted by the sorts of things one only expects to find in a story by Poe.
Some things follow you, but fear is the killer. Get used to it; once I stopped fearing what sleeps within my home, it stopped "bothering" me. Nowadays my guests hesitate to stay the night, though. I had a friend last year who lived with me for three months; within the first two weeks he refused to be alone at night. Especially outside, which was amusing; he was a chain smoker, and I don't allow smoking indoors.
Anyhow, now I'm rambling. Just don't let yourself get spooked, and you'll be fine, I think. It worked on my end.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

Wow, you are very brave.

Personally, I would say out loud, "Go now, in the name of God and our Lord Jesus Christ, go and be at peace, leave us now."

See how that works - unless, of course you have different religious beliefs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join