It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some great material to help improve your life and your happiness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hey there guys.. I've recently read three really good books which also help with the law of attraction. Two are free, one has a free sample chapters.

First:

How to be Happy
www.howtobehappy.org...

It does what the title says. It teaches you how to be genuinely happy.

The Jackrabbit Factor
www.jackrabbitfactor.com...

This is a really great book which explains the manifestations process and the reasons why most people fail at it. It does it using a fictional story/allegory.

The Emotion Code

(the 5 sample chapters: try out the heart-wall technique using a magnet and see how much better you will feel in the weeks after) You can use this technique to clear all the trapped negative emotions in your being, leaving you a much happier and more positive person.

www.scribd.com...

The actual book can be bought here in it's e-book version,

www.theemotioncode.com...

And here in it's paperback version.
www.theemotioncode.com...

I've read these books and implemented their methods just in the last month, and they have a great effect on me at the moment.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The first two are the free ones. And the third one is a bit pricey for a book. But still worth it to me. It cost me $27.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I like your posts here and on xtrememind. I won't check those books because I already have 100s of books on my waiting list, mehehe.

And I also don't think that an entire library of self-help is not really helpful. I'm a living proof of that: 300 Gb of self-actualization, business and seduction material on my HD.

And a simple thing like a pen and a notebook were more powerful than most of the self-empowerment books I read.

Ohhh... why somethings have to be counter-intuitive and not obvious.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by infobrazil

true very true.....sometimes you have to expeirience it yourself
However there are many ideas I know I would of never thought of if it wasnt due to reading
I guess...just like everything its about the balance of the two

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

I browsed the Emotion code and it talks a lot about the painbody (trapped emotion). I find it difficult to believe running a magnet up & down your spine could dissipate it.

Have you tried it?

[edit on 7-4-2009 by reject]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Yep, and it does work. I felt the difference almost immediately.

Read the sample chapters and you will get an explanation on why it works. It affects the electromagnetic field that the body emits..

[edit on 7-4-2009 by TheBandit795]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by infobrazil

True... Writing down your goals is one of the most powerful things you can do, and helps keep you focused IMO.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Thank you! I have bookmarked these for evening reading time. I am always searching for new ideas to maintain a positive and healthy mindset.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
sometimes i am very sceptic about such book, coz every book in the self improving area claims to have THE solution.

before i start downloading a few questions:

how easy is it to follow the steps?

how long did it take you OP to figure out differences?

do i have to believe that it will work - like ordering services to universe - or will it happen anyway if i do the steps?

sorry for my sceptism, i really want to be happy in my life, and make changes that work, but usually i am not very successful in it!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I downloaded what I could for future reading, and to answer a few questions; These are only pointers; YOU have to create your own hapiness.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light
how easy is it to follow the steps?

They are pretty easy to understand and to do, you just have to persist in following them.

how long did it take you OP to figure out differences?

Differences between which?

do i have to believe that it will work - like ordering services to universe - or will it happen anyway if i do the steps?

Just try them with an open mind and see what happens. Another thing I have done though is the following: I took the 8-word sentence mentioned in the how to be happy book and made a recording out of it. I looped it 2000-3000 times a night for about 10 days, while I slept. I was more optimistic and happier after those 10 days than before.

More instructions on how to do make the recording can be found in the following site: www.subconscious-mind.info...

sorry for my sceptism, i really want to be happy in my life, and make changes that work, but usually i am not very successful in it!

I totally understand. I hope it works for you as it has till now for me if you try it. If it doesn't, then there are always other methods you can try. This is one that I have figured out for myself during the past few months.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Time=Now

I agree wholeheartedly.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

just downloaded the "happybook" - and i will try it!

my mind is open

with differences i mean: how you felt before reading the book and while reading the book and after reading the book - as i can see now in your mood bar: happy

the record loop sounds interesting - didn.t it disturb your sleep?

i guess when you are happy in genreal life will be much easier, as if things happen by themselve

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

my mind is open

That's great..

with differences i mean: how you felt before reading the book and while reading the book and after reading the book - as i can see now in your mood bar: happy

Well, my mood bar was from an earlier happy time. I haven't changed it in months. Now I'm even happier than that. I'm much less dependent on outside circumstances for me to be happy now.

the record loop sounds interesting - didn.t it disturb your sleep?

I'm accustomed to the record loops, because I've used similar methods in the past. It usually doesn't bother me at all.

i guess when you are happy in genreal life will be much easier, as if things happen by themselve

I share that same opinion, but I think it's even so because then you are not depending on life to be easier or things happening by themselves. It might not be easier (you still have to put effort in what your want to achieve), but it might seem more effortless, because you're not feeling the struggle anymore. I haven't reached to that point yet, but I'm getting there.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Now I'm even happier than that. I'm much less dependent on outside circumstances for me to be happy now.

you have to blow up your mood bar

that is great to be less dependent on outside circumstances since i know one of my major problem is that i feel to much depending on what some people tell me - so that would be really an enhancement!!

It might not be easier (you still have to put effort in what your want to achieve), but it might seem more effortless, because you're not feeling the struggle anymore. I haven't reached to that point yet, but I'm getting there.

no matter which might be true or reality - if it seems easier the better

we will be still be influenced by the outer circumstances, but if we can deal in a much easier, lighter way with them, we will get the feeling that life isn.t that hard anymore

it is always a way, a way we walk and i guess which won.t end at all

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
hey bandit

just wanted to tell you: i started reading the book by M. anthony about "happiness"
– really amazing stuff.
not yet through just started – but i am thirlled.
can.t wait to get through it

so a big thank you for posting the link

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Couldn't you please summarize these books, could you?

I mean, what's the gist of them and what's the main difference between them and the rest of the new-age, self-help, law of attraction stuff?

Yes, I like easy things.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I don't think I can summarize them in a way that will cause you not to miss the point. That's the problem. They are short reads... Under 100 pages (except for the emotion code)

But you can find a synopsis for the jackrabbit factor on page 68 (in the pdf) and on wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
While we're on books for happiness and such...

Happy for No Reason by Marci Shimoff was very good
The Video the secret was much more inspiring then the book
However I found the 7 habits of highly effective people and the 8th habit far more powerful and deep. If you haven't read those I highly recommend them. The Holy Man bu Susan Trott I think is another very short read but incredibly powerful.

new topics

top topics

join