It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pittsburgh shooter was fan of online conspiracy theories (Possible ATS Member?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Pittsburgh shooter was fan of online conspiracy theories

rawstory.com

The unemployed twenty-two year old man who killed three Pittsburgh police officers and wounded two others in a four-hour shootout on Saturday morning had been heavily influenced by extremist conspiracy theories prior to the incident.

According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Richard Poplawski was "convinced the nation was secretly controlled by a cabal that would eradicate freedom of speech, take away his guns and use the military to enslave the citizenry. ... He appeared to share a belief that the government was controlled from unseen forces, that troops were being shipped home from the Mideast to police the citizenry here, and that Jews secretly ran the country."

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-4-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Wow talk about propaganda? who cares? i think this is just another attempt to get at conspiracy theorists ... to make us look like 'crazies' ... just my opinion ... the funny thing is, is that they mention how he believed in the NWO, well without actually saying it flat out ... possibly making believers of the nwo look like mad killers ... i don't know i don't think this article really helps anyone out ...

The Post-Gazette also mentions the conspiracy theory website PrisonPlanet, run by radio talk show host Alex Jones, as a source for some of Poplawski's more off-the-wall notions.

Do you think he was a member of ATS? ... what are your thoughts?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I live in pittsburgh and am in school right now only an hour away. I talked to my dad on the phone last night and he told me a man killed three cops. Its terrible. Now I know he was one of us... maybe a little over the top, and he cracked.

I personally don't believe in the NWO and such, and have always thought that those who do are a bit loony, however, I never expected any of them to crack. And i've always still respected their opinions and views, as I think everyone else does.

Terrible tragedy in the burg. To the cops: RIP Yunzers.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Feel free to add comments and opinions in the existing News thread on this topic found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

top topics

join