It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Worst Economic and Cultural Crisis of all Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Today I recieved an e-mail that contains a very long article. The person who sent the e-mail did not provide a source for the article. I did some searching and have found that the article is posted in comment sections all over the internet. For example, I was reading from the Telegraph.co.uk and found most of the article in the comments section. Let me share some of the article:

Amazing. The worst economic and cultural crisis of all time will go down in history horribly misunderstood. What a pathetic bunch of ignorant fools we have become. Consumer junkie credit card morons. Perfect little victims.

Don’t believe one optimistic word from any public figure about the economy or humanity in general. They are part of the problem. Its like a game of Monopoly. In America, the richest 1%, now hold ALMOST 1/2 OF ALL UNITED STATES WEALTH. Unlike ‘lesser’ estimates, this includes all stocks, bonds, cash, offshore accounts, and material assets held by America’s richest 1%. Even that filthy pig Oprah Winfrey acknowledged that it was near 50% in 2006. Naturally, she put her own ‘humanitarian’ spin on it. Calling attention to her own ‘good will’. WHAT A DISGUSTING SELF-CENTERED SELF-PROMOTING HYPOCRITE SLOB. THE RICHEST ONE PERCENT HAVE LITERALLY MADE WORLD PROSPERITY ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE.

Don’t fall for any of their 'good will' ‘humanitarian’ CRAP. ITS A SHAM. THESE PEOPLE ARE CAUSING THE SAME PROBLEMS THEY PRETEND TO CARE ABOUT. THE EQUATION THEY STAND FOR ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT WORK. Ask any professor of economics. Money does not grow on trees. The government can’t just print up more on a whim. There are serious concequences for doing so. Regardless, there is always a relative limit to the wealth within ANY economy of ANY size. So when too much wealth accumulates at the top, the currency looses value, the middle class slip further into debt, and the lower class further into poverty. A similar rule applies worldwide. The world’s richest 1% now own over 40% of ALL WORLD WEALTH. This is EVEN AFTER you account for all of this ‘good will’ ‘humanitarian’ BS from celebrities and executives.

The article is long and I cannot post all of it here. You can read the entire article at this link: Economy

Here is how the article ends:

Every major economy in the world will be in depression by 2015

If anyone knows of the original source plese post it in a reply.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This is one of many many religious right pedantic writings that for some reason usually come from Texas. Note calling poor ol' Oprah "a filthy pig."

I expect these people will soon do an article predicting another Alamo style battle with Mexico over control of Texas.

They are strong on apocalyptic imagination and weak on current events.

Mike

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
All of the billionaires in the world, and we're going to complain about Oprah? And we're going to do it because she is actually honest about social inequality?

Isn't there somebody running a Hedge Fund (or a bank, or an insurance company) who we should be directing our populist anger at, or something?

[edit on 6-4-2009 by theWCH]

join