It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iTunes Lyrics Importer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Anyone have this application that downloads all of the lyrics to all of the songs that you have in your iTunes library? I'm currently applying it to my library now. It doesn't get all of the songs but of the almost 2,000 songs that I have in my iTunes, it is certainly getting 80-90% of them.

iTunes Lyrics Importer

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
How do the lyrics show up if you have them for a song? Can you just read them in that "lyrics" tab? Or is it another window that pops up?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I have an iPod Touch and I just synced it up after I brought in all of the lyrics. Now when I play any song, I give the screen a tap and any lyric for the song is listed on my screen. I'm sure it would be the same for any other iPod, but on other formats the screen would be smaller and maybe less ideal.

But with the larger screen on my iPod, I'm enjoying this.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
That's interesting.

Any idea where the lyrics are stored? Are the mp3's edited to somehow include the lyrics or are they stored in the folders...etc?

I'd be hesitant if the music files were altered in some way. I have about 200GB of music and I don't want to take a chance on hurting my library in the long run you know.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

The iTunes lyrics importer is a simple application written in C# to import lyrics for the songs in your iTunes, using the Lyricswiki's web services.

That is from the site.

I'm assuming it's just stored within your iTunes library and it hasn't altered the file itself. I'm looking at my iPod in my iTunes and the numbers listed for each item and I can't really tell where they slotted the additional space for the lyrics. I'm thinking it's added to the Audio amount, but knowing for sure might provide some insight.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

I meant in iTunes itself.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
A window opens up with the program and it shows you the status of each song. It either says "Skipped", which indicates you already have the lyrics, "Updated", which indicates that the lyrics have been applied or "Not Found", which is pretty self-explanatory.

Once each song is completed, you get a prompt window saying "Completed" and you have a list of the action taken on each song.

You can easily hilight each song in your library and do it all at once. Only takes a few minutes and it seems to take very little resource, so your computer shouldn't slow.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I downloaded it and it keeps freezing on me...

it'll go through a few songs then freeze, what do i do?

Roswell.

top topics

join