It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does ATS advertise?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm all over the net daily, and I don't think I have ever seen a advertisement for AboveTopSecret.com. Am I just missing something or are there no advertisements promoting our site?

*ha edit for spelling*

[edit on 5-4-2009 by LDragonFire]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yes, they advertise, infact they even have a thread made for specific complaints about adverts.

Take a look at either the right, left or top of this page,unless you have some kind of ad blocker, (Which you are not supposed to have for this site) you will see adverts for various things.

Edit: I had one only on my right when I came back to look at the thread. It was an ad for Hewlett Packard.

Here is the thread I told you about, called
Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlords hitlist)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT TO ADD: I completly misread the OP so disregard this post. My mistake Ldragonfire!

Thanks for pointing this out s-dog!

[edit on 5-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Hey gst,

I think what LDragonFire is asking is whether ATS itself advertises their product externally.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
we did some offline advertising a while back on coast2coast but, no, we don't advertise on other sites.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Oh, you know what? You are completley right.

I just misread the OP, Sorry Ldragon!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
S. Dog was right thats what I was talking about.

Lately when I google subjects of interest I have noticed how often ATS comes up on the results and It may not even be a need for ATS to promote itself online, because we all seem to be doing it already.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Sorry about that buddy, I misread your OP.

I edited my post to point that out although I left my original message there so everyone can see what others are talking about when they say 'HEY GST! get your head out of your butt and pay attention!

Peace and love

GST

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Hmm... Google "Conspiracy Web Site" or "Alternative Topic web site." ATS is the first response to both searches. Anyone interested in such subjects will be immediately directed here by Google. Not hard to find, so not much need for advertising. Given that ATS gets about 1.2 million unique hits per month, it would seem that they are having no difficulty attracting an audience.

I for one would hate to see advertising as it would bring in more random trolls. Those with a genuine interest find the site with no problem. Do we really wish to bring in those who are not interested? It would be far better for ATS to increase it's numbers by providing a superior web site, which it is doing quite nicely.

I could be wrong of course, but time till tell.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

LOL It's all good I misspelled advertise when I first posted this thread

reply to post by Terapin

Yup I see your point

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Google search is a very efficient way to bring attention and new visitors to ATS.

I imagine the power of "word of mouth" is equally effective.

I know I talk about ATS with all my friends and most of them will visit here to check it out.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
You can hear our old radio ads here...

MP3 Links...

ats_ad_1.mp3

ats_ad_2.mp3

ats_ad_3.mp3

George Noory reads ad for ATS

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Old indeed. We have doubled the number of posts since those adds were made. Radio adds are a good thing when targeted correctly, but Please, if you ever consider Television adds, do not ever run them during the Jerry Springer show.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I mention ATS anytime I'm with a group of my friends, talking about the TPTB, 9/11, UFO's, or news.

But for some reason, I don't tell them my username!

I guess a lot of us members do, as word-of-mouth, like above said.

No sticker on my truck yet, though!

[edit on 4/5/2009 by FRIGHTENER]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
You can hear our old radio ads here...

MP3 Links...

ats_ad_1.mp3

ats_ad_2.mp3

ats_ad_3.mp3

George Noory reads ad for ATS

Now that was too cool
Gives a bit of pride hearing that and being connected.

top topics

join