It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mood Drugs Found in Drinking Water

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Carbon sorbs organics; it is not really a filter for them as most people think of filters like screens that let some things through and hold others back. Think of carbon as attracting and holding things like a sponge holds water.
RO does do something like filter ions. It uses pressure to drive backwards against an osmotic potential. Mainly, it is used to rid the water of soluble ions. Sometimes, certain organics can move through the membrane even though the smaller ions are excluded. I suggested carbon because it will be less expensive to try and won't waste water like RO, which has a large reject stream.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I would be particularly skeptical of drinking London tapwater as much of it is treated waste water. NYC is renowned for the quality of its tapwater, though, as it comes from protected aquifers in the Catskills mountains.

I've seen reports that hormones and coc aine are present in measurable trace quantities in London's water, and also that coc aine traces can be picked up on just about any low-denomination pound notes in circulation.

This is why evian san pelligrino, badoit, and other bottled waters are so popular in Europe--they come from certified aquifers and people are willing to pay for that.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Seany

LOL, but there is crack in a large double double

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Hello all...I am interested in this thread because I am a Water and Waste Water Treatment Plant Designer...

The sad fact of the matter is that to get every single type of Pharmaceutical "Out" of the water is near impossible...RO does not get "All" of it...and Carbon...is just a lesser form that does not do a good job of it either...unfortunately...the problem is that the Pharmaceutical Giants are ever producing a vast array of varying and complex forms and to begin to tackle the problem I would have to say we would need to completely stop Allopathic Modes of Treatment in Favour of more Sustainable and Earth Friendly Modes of Treatments like Ayurveda, Homeopathics, Magnetic/Waveform, Quantum etc...

So what do I propose...?...the answer is not a simple one and will have to begin with each of us...unfortunately...Water Treatment Guidelines are designed by the corrupt Corporate/Political Powers that be and I am obliged to follow the guidelines while incorporating them in my Designs...sad fact yes....

here is a quote from this Aquasana link: www.howweheal.com... (near the middle of the page)

"There are no current test standards for "pharmaceuticals" and therefore there are no certifications offered for the removal of these contaminants. However, most good quality home water filters will filter them out. According to the U.S. EPA, the vast majority of these compounds are Synthetic Organic Chemicals (SOCs) and/or Volatile Organic Chemicals (VOCs). Consumers should look for filters that are certified for VOCs, THMs and Chloroform as these are representative of the vast majority of prescription drugs. Aquasana is certified for all 3...."

Please note that Aquasana is "Certified" for "All 3" but not "All 4" (ie. SOC's)

Just move to Tibet and everything will be fine...lol...

Oh and another myth that I am finding...is that people believe that Flouride is not already present in some "Naturally" occurring water sources...it can be found in large doses in wells and Mountain Fresh Runoff...I am not saying for one second that Flouride is "Good For You"...quite the contrary...as it is one of the most common ingredients in "Rat Poison"...

Cheers...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Much of this can be explained by people dumping their old Rx drugs down the toilet. Drugs don't get filtered out of the water supply. I used to do that every spring and autumn, until I read a report about how drugs get into the drinking water.

Now I have no idea what to do with the damn things and I don't like keeping old meds around the house.

Think I'll start smashing all tablets into powder and putting it all in the garbage and hope it doesn't get into the ground water.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I wrote a thread a while back about there being some sort of chemicals in the water!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by elder693

It has been suggested that you bury old drugs in the back yard if they cannot be incinerated or donated for use in third world countries. If you are worried about groundwater, mix a small batch of concrete and encase them in their containers.
While dumping old drugs down the toilet is the source for some of this, most comes through drugs merely passing through the body.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by elder693
Now I have no idea what to do with the damn things and I don't like keeping old meds around the house.

Every year or so I do my parents med cupbord... Theyve got much better now they have devoloped a couple of medical problems, in the old days they would keep things for years... I've literally pulled things 8 or 9 years past the use by date out of that black hole!

All I do is bag them up and next time I'm passing a high street pharmcy I ask them to take them, they are always happy to do that, prevents them getting into the wrong hands.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by elder693
Much of this can be explained by people dumping their old Rx drugs down the toilet. Drugs don't get filtered out of the water supply. I used to do that every spring and autumn, until I read a report about how drugs get into the drinking water.

Think I'll start smashing all tablets into powder and putting it all in the garbage and hope it doesn't get into the ground water.

As far as Landfills go..."Leachate" which is Rain Water combined in with the Gooey waste products and "Pharmaceuticals" that would be dumped into them is pumped to a "Leachate Collection Pond"...which is aerated for awhile and then pumped to a WasteWater Treatment Plant which is then dumped back into our Streams, Rivers, Lakes, GroundWater etc...

I am glad I live in Canada...lol...as all our waste heads continually "South"...
...blame us Canadians...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

CITY OF ANN ARBOR LEADER IN TESTING FOR PHARMACEUTICALS IN DRINKING WATER

Pharmaceuticals are not currently regulated in drinking water, although utilities and researchers around the world have begun to examine them. Other contaminants of concern are personal care products and endocrine-disrupting compounds. According to the EPA, pharmaceuticals and personal care products (PPCPs) are a grouping of chemical substances including prescription, over-the-counter, and veterinary drugs; cosmetics; and fragrances. Endocrine-disrupting compounds (EDCs) are chemicals that affect function of the endocrine system, which is a series of glands that regulate body functions through the release of hormones.

Souce : CITY OF ANN ARBOR, MICHIGAN

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c83637cfb9c.png[/atsimg]

Endocrine system

The endocrine system is a system of small organs that involve the release of extracellular signaling molecules known as hormones. The endocrine system is instrumental in regulating metabolism, growth, development and puberty, and tissue function and also plays a part in determining mood. The field of study that deals with disorders of endocrine glands is endocrinology, a branch of the wider field of internal medicine.
Souce : Wikipedia

ENDOCRINE DISRUPTING CHEMICALS

News reports about the presence of drugs in America’s water supply may come as a surprise to some. However, it has been known since the 1970’s that water throughout the United States and the world contains trace amounts of both pharmaceutical compounds and natural hormones, some of which may be endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs).

Souce : Snyderville Basin Water Reclamation Distric

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/27314ecdd5cd.jpg[/atsimg]

TESTIMONY OF THE CLEAN DRINKING WATER COALITION (CDWC) BEFORE THE ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION COMMITTEE OF THE NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL ON PHARMACEUTICALS IN OUR DRINKING WATER NEW YORK, NEW YORK APRIL 3, 2008

One point on which scientists generally agree is that aquatic ecosystems are noticeably at risk from exposure to pharmaceuticals, and thus, the focus of most of the scientific study has been in aquatic ecosystems. With fish and amphibians expressing behavioral and sexual mutations, they are in effect the new “canaries in the coal mine.”

Provide states with more funding. There should be increased funding for research into the potential aquatic and human health impacts from exposure to trace concentrations of these contaminants. Our concern is not so much what we know, but what we don’t know. The studies conducted by NYSDOH and USGS in New York were funded through SDWA monies and that funding has been used up. Although Congress reauthorized additional funding in FY04, appropriations have not been forthcoming.

Hold the pharmaceutical industry accountable by calling for them to reformulate medications to allow for more efficient human intake thereby making them more environmentally friendly. As has been widely reported in the media, even the pharmaceutical industry is taking note. In remarks at an industry conference, Mary Buzby, Director of Environmental Technology for drug maker Merck & Co. Inc. said, “There’s no doubt about it, pharmaceuticals are being detected in the environment and there is genuine concern that these compounds, in the small concentrations that they’re at, could be causing impacts to human health or to aquatic organisms.”

Souce : Riverkeeper

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenorbs
The video says we are "cattle to the ones in control."

If the wealthy are in control, then here is some info that goes against a conspiracy of drugging the masses through tap water:

The West Palm Beach, Florida municipal water system supplies the Palm Beach enclave. This situation was recently in the news because of a fecal outbreak in the water system. So this rich on Palm Beach were bathing and washing dishes in crap water.

Now why would a wealthy enclave where members of the alleged leaders of a cabal allow the tainted water in?

Doesn't make sense.

I think it makes complete sense...as your Standard of being "Rich" is obviously way below what the "Elite's Standards of Rich actually Are"...if a person is a Multi-Billionaire...does that make them "Elite"...I think this is quite laughable...these "Elites" are so utterly disgustingly seethingly putrifyingly obscenely "Rich"...that Nobody can even Pinpoint who the "True Elites" are let alone get an estimation of what their present worth is...interesting concept...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by qbik2008

You might be one of the few folks who may check this out.

I've been filtering for years, but still had concerns. I eventually checked out this full page ad for a water system that ran for at least 20 years every week, that I always wondered about.

I was going to either get a water alkalizer or the living water machine. The living water machine was the only one to claim it nuked all the pharmaceuticals, disease markers and disease memory present in the water, so after weighing the options I got the living water machine.

Check it out for yourself, you can even order a sample...I did! He sends the energized distilled which does not taste like ordinary distilled water that tastes flat, this has a sweet clean taste to it. But in order to make the energized light tap water it produces [ at a faster rate than the distilled ] taste better, I routed the adapter from the faucet head to the dual filtration system I already had, because this machine has no filter on it. And altho the distilled is delicious, I'm still impatient and finicky about the taste from the faster flowing energized tap water it makes.

johnellis.com...

What it does is it duplicates mother nature,[ re-cap ; water evaporates where it rises to being held in the clouds exposed to UV rays that disinfect it ] by boiling and frothing the water AND exposing it to high intensity UV bulbs, the resulting water is amazing.

It helped me in a lot of ways. I was concerned about an enlarged prostate, due to frequent urination, that went away, my allergies are less severe, my dentist said my gums had improved greatly and I had done nothing different except change my water. My skin even feels more hydrated and no longer need things for my once dry skin, and I have no bags under my eyes and my color is great.

The site has lots of info, it also talks about changing the hydrogen bond angle FWIW, and says that that is a huge factor in his water. Be prepared to do alot of reading.....

There used to be an article on a man in mexico who bought one of these and adds this water to a spring or well and people from miles around go there with their jugs to get this water, But I can't find it.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by toasted]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Yes the "Bags" or "Dark Circles" under ones eyes is a reflection of the Health of one's "Kidneys"...I "had" them too...I use the Neptune Ionized Alkaline system...although I am thinking of adding a cheap Aquasauna as a prefilter...as the Ionizer does not tackle all of the impurities...

I will check it out and do more research...thanks for the info...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted

You might be one of the few folks who may check this out.

I've been filtering for years, but still had concerns. I eventually checked out this full page ad for a water system that ran for at least 20 years every week, that I always wondered about.

I was going to either get a water alkalizer or the living water machine. The living water machine was the only one to claim it nuked all the pharmaceuticals, disease markers and disease memory present in the water, so after weighing the options I got the living water machine.

Check it out for yourself, you can even order a sample...I did! He sends the energized distilled which does not taste like ordinary distilled water that tastes flat, this has a sweet clean taste to it. But in order to make the energized light tap water it produces [ at a faster rate than the distilled ] taste better, I routed the adapter from the faucet head to the dual filtration system I already had, because this machine has no filter on it. And altho the distilled is delicious, I'm still impatient and finicky about the taste from the faster flowing energized tap water it makes.

johnellis.com...

What it does is it duplicates mother nature,[ re-cap ; water evaporates where it rises to being held in the clouds exposed to UV rays that disinfect it ] by boiling and frothing the water AND exposing it to high intensity UV bulbs, the resulting water is amazing.

It helped me in a lot of ways. I was concerned about an enlarged prostate, due to frequent urination, that went away, my allergies are less severe, my dentist said my gums had improved greatly and I had done nothing different except change my water. My skin even feels more hydrated and no longer need things for my once dry skin, and I have no bags under my eyes and my color is great.

The site has lots of info, it also talks about changing the hydrogen bond angle FWIW, and says that that is a huge factor in his water. Be prepared to do alot of reading.....

There used to be an article on a man in mexico who bought one of these and adds this water to a spring or well and people from miles around go there with their jugs to get this water, But I can't find it.

I think you might just have something here...this is something that I totally missed in my research of the myriad of Filters out there...

I think this is something anybody interested in Healthy Water should definitely take a serious look at...

Here is the link again...

johnellis.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Well, I'm glad you were impressed, as was I.

I can only imagine how things may have worked out had I purchased one back in the day. But the truth is, I just lacked the awareness necessary to realize this was a serious issue and needed a serious machine to compensate for the crap coming out of the tap.

I have a friend that thinks the chicago water he gets is fine. But he's never really been concerned about certain things. Like when he was getting a house built I suggested extra insulation in the attic, he says naw, I'll just turn up the heat!!..

So he's coming from a completely different angle, so I just dropped it. I'll bet he wished he had listened, but his ego will never allow him to admit it...he is too proud for his own good.

============

More about the electrons;

** Your body is over 70% water and your blood is over 90% water. With H2O there are 2 hydrogen molecules that have extremely tight bonds. We have the only technology available to break down these bonds and increase the bond angle from 104 degrees to 114 degrees.

John Ellis, electrons, electron water machines, crystal clear, water machines, energized water The significance of this is that our electron water machine is the only equipment in the world available to the public that can expand the hydrogen bond of water to 114 degrees and then pack it full of highly energized electrons, making it the most powerful, effective and natural, free radical scavenger and antioxidant that the human body can quickly and easilly use in abundance.

This product is so technologically unique that it has never been duplicated and it is patented worldwide.

John Ellis, electrons, electron water machines, crystal clear, water machines, energized water Your body is made up of electrons and yet, when it becomes deficient in them, every form of disease is possible. **

If you have any questions feel free to u2u....no I don't sell this and am not related in any way other than being a believer that owns one.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

I am having a couple of issues with this system...nowhere does it state that it actually removes "Pharmaceuticals" am I missing something here?

Also...I don't see a typical "Testimonial" section such as is typical with most Ionized Systems...

I don't see any documentation regarding the myriad of Scientists that have studied these things...

The claims are fantastic but are they true?...I guess I will just have to do a lot more research on this fellow...

I also have come to realize over the years...that "Balancing" the PH levels in the body with a Saliva reading between 6.5 and 7.0 is where we should be at for greater longevity...Distilled water is lifeless and without nutrients that the body requires to function correctly...and that Distilled Water typically begins to leach the nutrients from the body over extended periods of time...

Thanks for the info though...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hmmm...the more I look into "John Ellis"...the more I am coming to the understanding that this might very well be a bunch of hooey...though very "Scientific" sounding in the beginning...no documentation is provided to back up his claims...

Here is a thread about John Ellis that of some innocent people who are obviously feeling completely ripped off and "Choked" to say the least that he has not returned their money...at $1500 bucks a pop...I guess there are more people out their with more money than brains...

curezone.org...

Colloidal Silver might be a good start to begin ones research into a Healing Water with alot of "Scientific" Documentation and "In Vivo/Vitro" studies to boot...!!!

www.americanbiotechlabs.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
AH YES! I forgot about this method..distilling water! You can buy distillers, countertop ones, but thier expensive! WHats everyone think about water distilling?
And heres a question NO one seems to know the asnwer too. Water filters, ususaly are rated for 10,000 to 30,000 gallons OR 1 year replacement. Suppose yuo dont use 10,000 gallons in a year, should you still replace it?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
AH YES! I forgot about this method..distilling water! You can buy distillers, countertop ones, but thier expensive! WHats everyone think about water distilling?
And heres a question NO one seems to know the asnwer too. Water filters, ususaly are rated for 10,000 to 30,000 gallons OR 1 year replacement. Suppose yuo dont use 10,000 gallons in a year, should you still replace it?

For Distilling info read all prior posts

If you don't use your filter for long periods of time there is a chance that "Bacterium" will grow...but nothing that will seriously harm you or make you ill....as long as you let the water run for a few minutes prior to grabbing a glass...I know many would beg to differ on that point...but I have not seen any evidence to the contrary as of yet...that being said, I have been using my "Brita Water Filter" on my washroom sink for a couple of years now and the little red light goes on every time telling me that I am suppose to change the filter...it has been flashing red for practically the full two years now...and the water still tastes fine to this day...ya gotta love the "Change the Filter or Die Marketing Technique"...

I also have a Katadyne Silver Impregnated Ceramic Filter that is good for around 50,000 Liters...it will last me my lifetime and is great for camping...the water tastes fantastic...Silver is a serious bacterium and virus killer...not so effective on fungi...

Cheers...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706

wow, thxx for all replies

I got a lot to read thru 2nite

With my BOTTLE of water I might add

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join