It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the moon is artifical

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

No, I didn't read through all 14 pages.....but I will now.

Thanks for clearing that up Chapter 29.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The one area of the moon that causes me concern is that we only see something like 70% of its surface. If the moon formed independantly from Earth (Which poeiople think) then it would spin at an independant rate which means that we would see all of the moon at some time and not have a "dark side" of the moon that we have never seen.

This is an important point which science cannot answer, why do we have a dark side of the moon? My view - it came from earth (natrurally or not) and like a child swinging a toy on the end of a string, we only see one side of the moon.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight
The one area of the moon that causes me concern is that we only see something like 70% of its surface. If the moon formed independantly from Earth (Which poeiople think) then it would spin at an independant rate which means that we would see all of the moon at some time and not have a "dark side" of the moon that we have never seen.

This is an important point which science cannot answer, why do we have a dark side of the moon? My view - it came from earth (natrurally or not) and like a child swinging a toy on the end of a string, we only see one side of the moon.

We have seen the far side of the moon. (As noted endless time, there is no "dark side".)

"This is an important point which science cannot answer," Why does this phrase always precede a really, really retarded question?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah, and none of those can be worried about speaking out for fear of ridicule or loss of budget can they. Especially if the other hundreds or thousands are not speaking out either.

Expert's have been bought and paid for in numerous fields and disciplines, throughout history, so for me - the term only ranks as an arrogant title, a badge to show they toe the line.

Those that argue the status quo, don't follow the official dogma, never get to be called expert at anything, they certainly don't get the juicy research funding etc. and are invariable held to ridicule by their peers. An example or warning of what will happen to others if they too dare to question or challenge officialdom.

I'm also willing to bet that a large chunk of these experts, are too wrapped up in the official dogma to ever remotely consider the notion that what is sitting in front of them may be doctored, and faithfully accept the chunk of rock at face value.

In any case, none of this precludes the fact that robotic landers could've returned the samples, and not all from one single mission.

My point is, anything can be dressed up to look genuine, feel genuine and test genuine, if enough thought and money is thrown at it. And NASA had both of those in abundance.

Whether or not that was/is actually the case though, is obviously debatable, which is what we're doing now. I only claim to know it's likely that this could happen. That it is indeed feasible. To outright deny the possibility, however slight, that it could be faked is denying human nature and the potential for deceit that goes with it i'm afraid.

Nice talking with you though.

spikey.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

"Yeah, and none of those can be worried about speaking out for fear of ridicule or loss of budget can they. Especially if the other hundreds or thousands are not speaking out either."

That is an excuse, not a reason. An excuse as to why "the truth" hasn't come out. Do you really think you can intimated ALL of them?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

templar, I'll try to field this one (again)...

We are actually able to observe from Earth about 59%....the hemisphere that faces us all of the time, plus a teeny sliver (the extra 9%) because the Moon's rotational period is not EXACTLY timed perfectly with its orbital period.

Now, it should also be noted that the Earth-Moon system has a center of mass....the Earth's mass alone is far greater than the Moon's, so this means that the center of mass is actually located below the Earth's surface. Both bodies exert a gravitational pull on each other, but Mother Earth wins in that tug-o-war.

The most readily accepted theory of the Moon's formation is the result of a massive collision early in the Earth's accretion phase in the early Solar System. The ejecta, consisting mainly of crustal material, (and thusly lighter than the other elements of the early Earth) remained in orbit, coalesced into a sphere...and the dance of the two bodies began.

Fast-forward to today...both the Earth and Moon used to spin much faster....they mutually 'dragged' each other to the (fairly) stable relationship we now see. This is the best theory, to me.

AND, bonus! We may actually owe our very existence to the Moon's moderating influences.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daniem
Just to clearify:
Almost all moons in the Solar System keep one face pointed toward their planet, so the moon isnt unique like that.

really ?

cool

that's why I come to ATS, I learn stuff all the time

txs !

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I cant say that I believe that the moon is artificial, and Im not going to delve into various scientific facts and theories in regards to the moon and its origins, but I do think that there is something rather spooky about the moon.

Already mentioned is the amazing coincidence that the moon is the same size of the sun when viewed from the surface the earth. Also consider that man has been looking at the moon in wonder and awe for as long as we have been on earth, so the moon is a very real part of the collective sub-concious of man. Think of all of the symbolism tied up up with the sun and the moon, and ancient cultures which believed that the sun and moon where gods etc.

When I look at the moon, I think that if ETBs wanted to monitor earth and spy on mankind, it would be logical to have a base of operations well out of human reach. Although its likely that ETBs have bases underground and under the seas etc, the earth could be very a dangerous place for various reasons, the least of which could be the intelligent and excessively violent monkey called man. If a global catastrophe were to occur, it would make sense to have an emergency bunker that was far away enough to be safe from a nuclear, celestial or unknown catastrophe.

Maybe the moon is the alien no.1 base of earth. I don't believe the moon is artificial, however perhaps it was placed in the earth's orbit by artificial means, and I wouldn't be surprised if it were modified by aliens to suit the task of being a base (eg. by creating large cavities in which to build in).

Ive thought for a long time that theres something strange about the moon.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Does ANYBODY around here read a thread before posting?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

If you're referring to me Im sorry but Im not going to read 14 pages of replies before posting.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Celestial Encounters

If you're referring to me Im sorry but Im not going to read 14 pages of replies before posting.

That's why over a dozen people have posted that same nonsense you just did. And why there are 14 pages of posts pointing out it just plain wrong.

Sorry if a good post isn't worth the effort.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Celestial Encounters

CE, allow me to summarize:

Good science shows that the Moon is comprised of many of similar compounds as the Earth. Billions of years, we get to where we are now. IF some ETs wished to monitor us, and we had no Moon, they could build somethng a lot smaller.

As it is, it's a conveniently naturally occuring celestial body to serve 'their' purpose.....

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

We have to remember that this is all theoretical, and like I said I dont believe that the moon is artificial, but yes it would be a convenient location for an alien base.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

Originally posted by Celestial Encounters

That's why over a dozen people have posted that same nonsense you just did. And why there are 14 pages of posts pointing out it just plain wrong.

Sorry if a good post isn't worth the effort.

What I posted was theoretical and represented merely my own opinion, and I never made a claim to have scientific evidence for what I said.

It could be argued that anything is nonsense if one could could think of a good argument.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by Celestial Encounters]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
come on!!
I have plans myself to mine the moon! and by the way if your worried about meteor impact I invite the encounter! will mine it as well!
This rubbish the moon could be this or that? What are thinking?This prime real estate!
Dummy up sink or swim!

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
come on!!
I have plans myself to mine the moon! and by the way if your worried about meteor impact I invite the encounter! will mine it as well!
This rubbish the moon could be this or that? What are thinking?This prime real estate!
Dummy up sink or swim!

Sorry, but Robert Heinlein holds the mineral rights to the Moon. (If you don't get that reference, just let me know.)

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It was put there by god to pull the tides and give us wind so nature can flourish.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
It was put there by god to pull the tides and give us wind so nature can flourish.

Why would "God" need to do that? A great ball of rock in the sky to churn the oceans? Is that the best system he could come up with? Did "God" barely get his G.E.D. and works part time at McDonald's when he's not making universes?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Highly likely that it is artificial, and if not, conducive of the notion that God, as a force of probabilities through various energy, is existent.

If it is indeed artificial, it was placed there to evoke the thought of pattern recognition and time. Maybe the great solar eclipse was meant to create the ability of belief through the rarity of the event?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

Originally posted by xbranscombex

Why would "God" need to do that? A great ball of rock in the sky to churn the oceans? Is that the best system he could come up with? Did "God" barely get his G.E.D. and works part time at McDonald's when he's not making universes?

I think you work at mcdonalds when you are not posting
full time

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join