It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the moon is artifical

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lunica
I think the possibilty is just their

This moon of Saturn is also very interesting.

Link

That was quite the read my friend!

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Im totally agree with you
and its moving faster and closer to saturn
what could happend if the moon crash the planet????
we dont know yet
and I dont want to know...

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Although I'm not familiar with what the cost would be when compared to that of the ongoing construction of the space station, I've often wondered why further manned missions to the moon were cancelled. Or were they? It would make sense if the super powers were to unite and work together in the construction of a base on the moon. It would be the perfect jump-off point for any manned missions to Mars, or any of the other planets within our solar system. I believe there are many, many inhabited planets within our own galaxy, with many of these races being far more advanced than we are on Earth, which would open up the possibilty that the moon is indeed artificial and was placed in its orbit as a base of operations for some of these civilizations. Maybe some far back civilization used the moon as a shelter and way of escape from their dying world. I know these things will sound far-fetched to most of you, but anything is possible. Many things that even fifty years ago were considered at the time to be no more than science fiction, are in use today as ordinary objects neccessary for the comfort of our daily lives. Think of advancements made by a species that is only fifty years ahead of us, let alone possibly millions. This is an interesting thread, and for now my mind remains open to all possibilities.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sherfey

sherfey, you jest, right?

"30,000 miles per second"?? That would be nearly 1/6th the speed of light.

AND, where did you get information that indicated a crater should be deeper than is is wide? Certainly is not logical.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

"I've often wondered why further manned missions to the moon were cancelled."
Congress refused to fund them. They needed the money for pet projects and couldn't waste any on hard science.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

What you just said Gawdzilla makes perfect sense, thank you! We have that same problem here in Canada, and I'm sure it's the same the world over.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bkrmn

What you just said Gawdzilla makes perfect sense, thank you! We have that same problem here in Canada, and I'm sure it's the same the world over.

"A politician's job is to get re-elected, and they'll do anything and/or everything to achieve that goal."

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The dark side of the moon has all the answers...Why have we never seen the dark side from earth view....it may be a satellite and a haven for ufo's on the dark side...Our astronauts have seen the dark side and this info is being held by nasa....our world could not handle the truth..people will be jumping out of windows if they were told the real truth about ufo's and their intentions.... thanks falcon51

[edit on 4/19/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by falcon51

Don't forget to take your space suit.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by insider15

You are right. It was built by someone. It was built by God and put at particularly the right distance to affect our weather, tides, light and other functions. All "natural" mysteries are no mystery to God.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Um, maybe because IT'S DARK! So dark there isn't ANY light to speak of. AND, the temparture is over 200 degrees below zero. So, it's either go to the sunny side, or bring MASSIVE lights to set up to see the same stuff.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nunny

Um, maybe because IT'S DARK! So dark there isn't ANY light to speak of. AND, the temparture is over 200 degrees below zero. So, it's either go to the sunny side, or bring MASSIVE lights to set up to see the same stuff.

Um, you think the far side of the moon is always dark?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
the alien race that seeded earth came here in the moon... escaping from that planet we now know as the asteroid belt... pummled by debris, it displays the tell tale markings of surviving the journey... we are still being visited on a daily basis by alien craft stationed inside the moon... the architypal memory of heaven is the moon.... need i say more?

read

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by never_tell
the alien race that seeded earth came here in the moon... escaping from that planet we now know as the asteroid belt... pummled by debris, it displays the tell tale markings of surviving the journey... we are still being visited on a daily basis by alien craft stationed inside the moon... the architypal memory of heaven is the moon.... need i say more?

read

$950 USD for a paperback book.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

i didn't notice that! good luck to them... gee and i own two copies... looking forward to my retirement

also some good reading here

[edit on 8-4-2009 by never_tell]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

i didn't notice that! good luck to them... gee and i own two copies... looking forward to my retirement

I have a first edition signed copy of Ben Hur that isn't valued at a Kilo Buck.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

that's because moses is old news!
it's all about the moon now....

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

that's because moses is old news!
it's all about the moon now....

Ben Hur was about Jesus.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Check out the book Mutineer's Moon by David Weber (SciFi) about just this kind of thing. Pretty good book IMHO. The moon is a giant spaceship with an AI in control. It actually disguises itself as our moon, since it was about the same size and wanted to blend in.

I think that it is possible that other races have evolved on Earth, or possibly Mars and have gone on to colonize our moon and other moons in our solar system - Possibly to escape cataclysm. Maybe all of the bona fide UFO phenomenon, abductions, etc are these race(s), which would explain a lot. They wouldn't have had to come from many light years, they where here all along.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by CaptAvatar]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I can see how some might think that the "dark" side of the moon is, well, dark. Both sides of the moon see daylight. It spins in its orbit in a way that the same side is always facing the earth, but that doesn't mean it is dark on one side all the time.

Originally posted by Nunny

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join