It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bring Your Pets to Bug Out

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I'd never have been able to eat my poor old Rosie, god bless her soul. She was a staff/lurcher cross, if she had been blessed with balls they would have been like medicine balls.

Rather not eat the family dog or people thank you.

Rather eats rats and worms. But each to their own. Mind you Id have no hesitation eating the snake, mice or fish pmsl but if I wrapped the moggy in mud and stuck her in the embers then SWMBO (right for Nirgal lol) would probably spit roast me

Rgds

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
FYI

This is my position. Ego-Death is my object. I am already one of the “walking dead” and have only a short time left to pass on the experience and wisdom of my lifetime for the benefit of my posterity and future generations.

You want to attack me for this? What kind of a person “you are”? As my Sawsen would say!

What I am relaying on to you on these blog sites is the truth as I have discovered it to be.

It is a goodwill gesture – for you. Doesn’t do me any good to keep it to myself!

Sawsen and my cats zuni and bebe are the only ones who care whether I live or die. And I will stay alive as long as I can for them – and to see the upcoming (2012) events come to pass. These are my reasons for living.

So as I say it is not about me it is about YOU and what you know is true and what you need to do about it for yourselves.

That is my purpose for contributing on this blog or any other blog.

All the best, -chris

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromack
FYI

This is my position. Ego-Death is my object. I am already one of the “walking dead” and have only a short time left to pass on the experience and wisdom of my lifetime for the benefit of my posterity and future generations.

You want to attack me for this? What kind of a person “you are”? As my Sawsen would say!

What I am relaying on to you on these blog sites is the truth as I have discovered it to be.

It is a goodwill gesture – for you. Doesn’t do me any good to keep it to myself!

Sawsen and my cats zuni and bebe are the only ones who care whether I live or die. And I will stay alive as long as I can for them – and to see the upcoming (2012) events come to pass. These are my reasons for living.

So as I say it is not about me it is about YOU and what you know is true and what you need to do about it for yourselves.

That is my purpose for contributing on this blog or any other blog.

All the best, -chris

Erm this isnt a Cat Blog, or a Prophecy Blog, its a forum for discussing survival and preparations, In my world cats are no different to rats, both are unhygienic disease carrying pests that are in general a liability to a families survival. However I can accept that as some people gain comfort and support from the bible, equally people can gain comfort from keeping a cat or dog as a pet. where as a dog can haul a small trailer or carry a small pack, provide perimeter security, detect toxic odours early and are edible in a crisis, I can not see the point in keeping a creature that kills for pleasure, carries the same diseases and fleas as rats, can not be trained, will walk across food preparation surfaces, will slaughter and food birds etc.
But each to their own.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
If we left on foot I don't think I would be able to reliably bring the cats, but they do tend to follow us on walks, so maybe they would keep following.... I just don't know.
If we leave by car then they go where we go for as long as possible.

That being said I would never leave my dogs, each of the three has there own pack and enough dehydrated food they can carry on their back until we get somewhere and settled in. 10lbs dry of this food will make about 70 rehydrated and it is high quality high protein food to keep them going in a crisis. It is also human grade so in a pinch we could consume it as well. (although Id rather not!!)

All three of them can easily catch squirrels, moles, mice and birds, and that would be a invaluable resource in times of hardship.
Not to mention the built in alarm system and deterrent value.

The fish are out of luck, no way to take them with us

[edit on 5-4-2009 by gluetrap]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
NorthRaid, Why----do you have to turn this in to a I-hate-cats forum? Don't tell me, let me guess. Politically, you are a right wing hate radio fan.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by simonecharisse]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by simonecharisse

I am a dog owner, someone mentioned using cats as a pipe cleaner,

and I jumped on the wagon, MY BAD, I dont hate cats, just prefer dogs

myself

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Whatever happens in this life, my two cat children are with me. I have already gone through unbelievable things to keep them with me. Don't let ME see you being mean to a cat or other animal, or you will get maced.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The simple truth is cats can be a good form of pest control, as are dogs.

Cats should be regarded as self-sufficient... semi-ferral if you will. They will depend on humans as long as humans can provide.

Dogs are more domesticated. They are less solitary and more pack-driven. If you can convince a dog you are pack leader then you will have a faithful minion. If you can't do that you may at the very least keep a friend. Remember though, should TSHTF all bets are off. If you can't keep your subjects content, they will revolt. Yes, the same applies to dogs as to humans.

Beware dogs and disease too. They are carrion eaters when all's said and done.

Bottom line, if it isn't useful it's dinner.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

you think you got it bad

Nirgal has been trying to eat my dog since i started this OP,

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I don't hate cats and we are all entitled to our opinions. Theres loads of people I dont like, loads of food I dont like etc etc, and Id rather walk on the right than the left ta very much.

Rgds

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by simonecharisse
NorthRaid, Why----do you have to turn this in to a I-hate-cats forum? Don't tell me, let me guess. Politically, you are a right wing hate radio fan.

How does one equate cats with hate, radios and politics ? I'm sure there are just as many loving, unpolitical left wing failures who like cats as well.
Its just a matter of taste or lack of it on the cat owners part

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nirgal
The simple truth is cats can be a good form of pest control, as are dogs.

Cats should be regarded as self-sufficient... semi-ferral if you will. They will depend on humans as long as humans can provide.

It has been proven that a small terrier is a far more efficient pest control animal than a cat, plus dogs dont kill for pleasure, they can be taught to retrieve the critters they kill for the pot, they wont crawl all over the kitchen work top, they can be trained. Generally cats have to remain in towns except for a few exceedingly tough characters, because out in the countryside the cat gets eaten by the fox, where as the terrier will kill the fox. even a ferret is more useful and cleaner than a cat. But each to their own, that point we must respect. If someone wants to keep a moggie then good luck and god bless them, and may their feline live a long and healthy life.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

Some very nice back-peddaling on the whole cat issue,

But my dog will do well with me, he can chase down rabbits already

so hes more value than lap fur

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Whatever happens in this life, my two cat children are with me. I have already gone through unbelievable things to keep them with me. Don't let ME see you being mean to a cat or other animal, or you will get maced.

As I very politely asked my neighbours, Please keep your cats in your own property then they can not slaughter the song birds nesting in my garden, or crap in my childs sand pit, If you let them come into other peoples property uninvited then just like a rat they would be shot. A cat in your home is a loving pet to be cherished, A cat tresspassing into someone else property killing bird and pulling gold fish from ponds are vermin. The sole absolute responsibility for the cat lies with its owner, same as with dogs.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have had the misfortune of perchancing upon, more than a few times, right wing talk radio show hosts indulging in violence-to-cats fancies, like when Sean Hannity and Niel Bortz were yukking it up about throwing cats out of an airplane. And Chicago's WLS used to have this nightmarish female humanoid on (first name Terry) who attempted one day, to trash cats, but she got clobbered with angry e-mails. Conservatives have this clinically insane delusion, that cats are left wing, and choose left wing owners. So, next time I get two cats again, I'm gong to name them Lennin and Kruschev.
(And if I get more cats, --- Andropov, Marx, Gorbachev, even Stalin, etcetera, etcetera,.......)

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I have had the misfortune of perchancing upon, more than a few times, right wing talk radio show hosts indulging in violence-to-cats fancies, like when Sean Hannity and Niel Bort were yukking it up about throwing cats out of an airplane. And Chicago's WLS used to have this nightmarish female humanoid on (first name Terry) who attempted one day, to trash cats, but she got clobbered with angry e-mails. Conservatives have this clinically insane delusion, that cats are left wing, and choose left wing owners. So, next time I get two cats again, I'm gong to name them Lennin and Kruschev.
(And if I get more cats, --- Andropov, Marx, Gorbachev, even Stalin, etcetera, etcetera,.......)

My neighbours moggies are called Amaran and Apult is in Catamaran and Catapult Do a You tube search for Hale and Pace Cat sketch

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH YOU about cats that are left to roam outside and kill songbirds. I love birds, and have you noticed, that certain species are not around? I NEVER see bluejays anymore, and can't remember when was the last time I saw one. It's been years. This is scary. I already always felt sad that there are no more passenger pigeons. People must be made to pay in some way, with fines perhaps, for making cats become neusances.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

i agree with the cats under control, and their still are lots of Blue Jays

around where I live, couple of pairs in my evergreen in my bckyard,

cardinals too

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
In economics there are terms banded around such as Cat, and Dog goodwill.

As you might guess they run as follows:-

Dog goodwill works like a good pub landlord. If the the landlord moves to a pub in the same town then there is a good chance the regular clients will follow the landlord, rather than stay at the pub.

Cat goodwill, on the other hand is where the clients will stay and see if the new landlord will give them a good feed. If they do not then the cat will find another pub.

This is how cats and dogs work in real life. Cats are useful but be warned, cats ARE mercenary.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Take a tid bit of history black death spread threw Europe during the middle ages. One accepted reason was the massive cull of cats in preceding years from the miss gotten thought they were a witches familiar . The result was a boon in the population of plague caring animals rats and mice.

Most farmers have a long standing tolerance of cats .
1 grains = mice and rats
2 cats = massive reduction of mice and rats close to elimination of said critters .
3 cat = minimal mice and rat = good for everyone .

The idea of bugging out you will need to go back to the land to survive tried and true methods of living will need to be brought back. The necessity of having dogs and cats in the restructuring of life as a hunter gather or old time farmer make them almost indispensable .

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join