It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

earth surrender

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
obama now wants to great rid of ALL nuclear weapons which will leave the earth totally defenceless against an alien attack, have we surrendered to these beings all ready???

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This just in ALIENS are trying to STOP NUCLEAR WEAPONS because WE are stupid and too young as a society and species to use them without self annihilation, please reference the US hiroshima incident, and all other tests and weapons used in such category.

If it were up to me, id disarm governments and citizens alike. and teach them that living the future is ok to do.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Good call. We humans are just foolish warring tribes (what it really comes down to), and yeah the aliens have been observing us doing unspeakable things to eachother. Why would there be exponentially increasing UFO activity since 1947, just as the arms race was kicking off?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by insider15

Who says we'd be able to hit a craft that can travel faster than the speed of light or who says aliens want to attack anyway?

You honestly want to keep nukes in case of an alien attack?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
who here beleives that our h-bombs have any chance against beings of superior intelligence and technology from other planets and dimensions where they turn off our silo bases with their e.m.p's?
do you think their worried?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
some good points made there, maybe the dont want us using nukes on them because it would destroy the planet and make it useless to them even if it doesnt threaten them

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by insider15
obama now wants to great rid of ALL nuclear weapons which will leave the earth totally defenceless against an alien attack, have we surrendered to these beings all ready???

If the Big Sur incident from '64 is legit, I would say it doesn't matter...

At that point the most remarkable vision of my life came on the screen. Another object flew into the frame from left to right. It approached the warhead package and maneuvered around it. That is, this ... "thing"...flew a relative polar orbit around our warhead package which was itself heading toward the South Pacific at some 18 thousand miles an hour!

As the new object circumnavigated our hardware, it emitted four distinct bright flashes of light at approximately the 4 cardinal compass points of its orbit. These flashes were so intense that each "strike" caused the I.O. tube to "boom" or form a halo around the spot.

Following this remarkable aerial display the object departed the frame in the same direction direction from which it had come. The shape of the object was that of a classic "flying saucer." In the middle of the top half of the object was a dome. From that dome, or just beneath it, seemed to issue a beam of light or which caused the flashes described.

Subsequently the warhead malfunctioned and tumbled out of suborbit hundreds of miles short of its target. This ... unidentified flying ... "thing" had apparently "shot down" an American dummy atomic warhead!

There have been many other incidents regarding our missles that leave more questions than answers...

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Whos to say that nukes will beat the aliens IF they do try and attack us?

The world would be a safer place without nukes, I mean all it takes is for some idiot to press a button and boom

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by insider15

Are you insane?

I have heard a lot of crazy crap on this site, but this leaves me in shock.
If we got rid of all our nuclear weapons, which would be highly unlikely, it would be one of the best things that have ever happened for our species.

Throughout our history there have been wars and acts of violence so disgusting its almost unbelievable. War has never done anything good for our society. When we created the atomic weapon we took another step down. We are a violent primitive and stupid species that does nothing good for itself.

Getting rid of these god awful weapons would be the first good thing we have done for ourselves in a long time.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'll offer another viewpoint. Although I think nukes are a bad thing to have and to manufacture in a general way, they do serve a purpose without ever being fired. In global politics having a nuke is an assurance against aggressions from other country. Nukes are mainly passive weapons except in the hands of the US who probably made a very big mistake by bombing Japan twice.

Today, countries with an ICBM are sure no other country will attack them, period. If your country doesn't have one then you're a prey to the international wolfpack that will come rob your natural resources and let the population starve if not directly kill them. If the rogue countries are trying to obtain nukes it is probably to stand at negotiations table without being told what to do and actually negotiate. But the packleader can't allow that because those countries haven't accepted to subordinate to the packleader, and thus are in conflict with the domination-leadership of the packleader. If you don't accept to subordinate and get to close to building a nuke, then the packleader will overthrow you and takeover with the rest of the the wolfpack.

If you're a third world country you can:
-starve and die
or
-fight and die

It's really a matter of style because the outcome is the same.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by townio

I agree 100% the very nature of nukes mean no one will ever dare use them except in defence of the planet where the whole human race faces extinction from an alien invasion and using nukes could at least allow some of us to survive(wether i would want to survive in a post nuclear war hell on earth is another question)

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Ok sense we are playing lets pretend , i'll bite .

What happens if we do get rid of all nuclear weapons and then one day a small astroid is discovered , heading straight for us ? Our top researchers then learn , through pain staking research , that the detonation of a large scale nuclear bomb in the asteroid's path could deflect it's orbit just enough to as to miss us .

Just how long would it take for our boy's to whip one together ?

new topics

top topics

join