It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Should Thank Abovetopsecret.com

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
[edit on 6-4-2009 by son of PC]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
"No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time."

This is from Article I, Section 9 of the U.S. Constitution.

So, where's the audit being done to show the American public how all the BILLIONS of taxpayers' money are being dispersed to cover corporate bailouts and (eventually) the $250 Billion to combat the global economic crisis announced by Obama at the G-20 summit?

OR....Does our government justify the bailout money as merely credit utilized to aid the failing financial institutions?

WE ARE BEING MISLED COMPLETELY!

[edit on 5-4-2009 by LactoseIntolerant]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Does anyone here disagree that Obama is using a tactic of deflecting the blame from the REAL people responsible for political purposes?

Obama has deflected attention to the credit 'crisis' and auto industry so that he can move unnoticed toward his three main goals: federalization of health, education and energy.

Aside from funding TARP, Congress has played no role in any of this. Once they approve his budget "outline," he is free to "fill in the blanks" with administrative (i.e., Executive) action.

Obama's EPA has already stepped ahead of Congress, declaring CO2 a pollutant subject to their regulation (e.g. cap-and-trade). Congress now has to follow-on with appropriations, but Obama led the way.

His outline includes an estimated $600billion set-aside for a national health care plan. HHS, an Executive department, will draw up and administer the program, not Congress.

Similarly, funding for a national K to College program will be funded without a clearly defined program in place. The Dept. of Education will set standards that states will have little, if any, discretion over.

These will be funded, not by Congress, but by the carbon taxes that Obama, Chu, and Browner will assess.

Does anyone here disagree that many threads on ATS are, intentionally or unintentionally, disinformation because of an ignorance of governmental structure and roles?

Ignorance or indifference. Many people feel detached from federal government because Congress is not held responsible. Although they held a 15% approval rating going into the General Election, most Congressional incumbents kept their seats. That's not a sign of ignorance (people knew they were doing a piss-poor job), but indifference (they didn't care enough to do anything about it).

(For further proof of the "indifference," just look at the grammar and spelling on ATS. I doubt so many people are capable of posting, imbedding and linking yet ignorant of basic English, or Government/Civics.)

Few people anywhere, much less on ATS, pay attention to what Obama is doing, despite Constitutional questions about his authority to do so. Most people are fixated on what he is saying, instead.

Good example: State Dept. approves military arms and 'services' exports to Mexico. Mexican authorities sell imported arms to drug cartels. Gun shows and gun shops get blamed for cartel bloodshed.

All cabinet-level posts are administrative/executive functions. They are funded in bulk by Congress, but create and enforce their own programs. Congressional "oversight" is a rubber-stamp at best, enabling at worst.

Does anyone here disagree that the motto of ATS is "deny ignorance"?

Given the quality of recent threads and posts, I would say it's a motto only, and has no bearing on substance. Perhaps the mods are overwhelmed; I don't think they are indifferent.

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cognoscente % Merriam

ATS Mix Submit Question for Obama page

I cannot find a link to the interview at this time but I do know one did occur.

anywho... just an fyi... pre-win Obama wanted our attention too!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
obviously many people around here have never heard of the bilderbergs, illuminati, or heck even the freemasons

i think you should

check out INFORWARS.COM AND PRISONPLANET.COM

LOOK THROUGH THESE SITES AND THEN COME BACK THEN SHOW US HOW YOUR OPINIONS CHANGED OR DIDNT "WHATEV"

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Who is to stop Congress from passing legislation that obama has already put his signature on the signing over of this Nations Sovereignty in Europe during the G20 meeting? We The People? The minority Republican Congress?

If the American people do not wake up very soon we will lose this country as we know it along with our Liberty and the Freedoms that go along with it.

The storm after the calm will determine whether We The People still have a country. 4/6/09

[edit on 6-4-2009 by amari]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
After reading this thread, I though 'I' was under the influence.

Maybe someone put something in my coffee?

I think some are due for a long walk, fresh air.

The Sun always comes out tomorrow.

May we not miss it this time.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Are you on something? Your post name is completely for attention. Your post says not once that Obama said thanks to ATS, nor did he ever say he thanks those of us who look deeper into things then most people do.

Get your facts straight before you post here buddy...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

["BS. This forum is filled with more anti-Obama propaganda threads ever, go down into the history books of this site and see for yourself. A person cant go out and proclaim their own supportive Opinion about the man without being heckled as "sheeple" or what have you."

[

SORRY I CANT GET THE POST TO GO BACK FROM THE QUOTE FORMAT,BUT MY REPLY STARTS HERE
IF THE SHOE FITS...WEAR IT, southern. you do nothing but stick up for a meglomaniac and his narcissistic policies
the idiot,as the british refer to him,is gutting our country.
while you were screaming about AIG,he was buying our own debt back from the fed.
this has never worked in the history of mankind. it only creates hyperinflation.
looks like we'll be guarding the south from you.

YEAH,AND 2.3 TRILLION OVER THE NEXT 4 YEARS,FORGET THE 1 BILLION IN 8 BY BUSH.
THEN HE CONDEMNS THE IRAQ WAR,AND SLIDES OVER TO AFGHANISTAN. are you that blind? noone complains about afghanistan,or the bombing of an allied nation,like pakistan. then he gives them money????????

then i'm watching the news. on the crawler,it talks about the mexican drug wars,which happen to be in my back yard(figurativly). the next sentence says northrop grummon is getting ta couple milliom to build a fence on the border.
THE CANADIAN BORDER!!!!!!! ARE THE HOCKEY PLAYERS SNEAKIN OVER?
this man's brain needs a bath and enema.

how much do you have to see before you realize...WE'RE SCREWED?

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Spectre0o0]

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Looking more at your account, you do not understand the U.S.A. at all, and are a person here to try and get people angry. If you really did know about this country, atleast you could of spelled the Generals name correctly in your signature...

“Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men.” General George S. Patten, Jr.

I have never heard of a General George S. Patten, Jr. before, I have heard of a General George S. Patton, Jr. how ever...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Yep, I read the Constitution with the Amendments and it seems our gov`t are breaking all kinds of laws already. The last I recall though, congress passed a bill that forwarded the Patriot Act 2 without even reading it. I guess some were on vacation, some thought it too long to read. What if this happens again.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Scenario 1: The poster used this title in order to make his readers think between the lines.
Scenario 2: The poster used this title to mislead and hence piss people off when they read it.
Scenario 3: 50% of the people reading this thread are sane, 25% are borderline and 25% are clearly insane.

I think I know which one I'm in...or do I?

I guess it's kinda like how an alien looks upon earth:
"Is the Earth 50% full of the insane, or 50% empty of the sane?"

P.S. The OP's avatar cracks me up!

[edit on 6/4/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Are the mods going to change the name of this thread???

It talks about the entire opposite of what its advertising really...

One liner sorry, but does anybody here see how Obama is part of a bigger agenda that surpasses his presidential term? We need to catch big fish here?!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
Are the mods going to change the name of this thread???

It talks about the entire opposite of what its advertising really...

Evidently, mods and administrators at ATS aren't home or don't care if titles are fraudulent. I know alerts were sent yesterday. What gets me is how many people have flagged and stared this thread, even after all the complaints about the misleading title!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
What are you guys up against? What is Obama up against? Check it out on ATS here...

Excerpt from THE SECRET SHADOW GOVERNMENT, A STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS.

The secret "shadow" government is the large organizational network which operates alongside the officially elected and appointed government of the United States of America.

Just as with the official government, the Shadow Government has functional branches. However, unlike the official government, the purpose of the non-executive branches of the Shadow Government is simply to distribute various functions, but not to achieve a system of checks and balances, as was supposed to happen constitutionally between the executive, legislative and judicial branches of the U.S. Government. That is because the Shadow Government is a creature of a powerful elite, who need not fear being dominated by an instrument of their own creation.

One amongst the many departments/branches is the Financial Department.

FINANCIAL DEPARTMENT

Federal Reserve System

Cartel of private banks overseen by elite super-wealthy financiers, such as the Rockefellers, Mellons, DuPonts, Rothschilds, etc., which dictates to the Government the flow of money, worth of money, and the interests rates.

CIA self-financing

The operation and/or control of much of the international drug trade in heroin, coc aine and marijuana, as well as "front" business enterprises, as a source of cash for off-the-books covert operations, and the purchase of exotic munitions and strategic bribe funds.

Department of Justice

Self-financing the use of confiscated money and valuables from "targets of investigation" to finance "special projects".

Special Forces self-financing

The self-use of confiscated money from covert military operations to fund other clandestine operations.

Was and is the prez of the US of A just a puppet on a string? No prizes for guessing!

Cheers! Have a nice day!

Excerpted from: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Man your post is just another thoery, like everyone elses, it may well be true, but i cant stand how so many people who post here say things as if they're revealing the definitive truth. Knowing things are wrong in the world doesnt give you the right to plant such vivid scenarious in peoples thoughts. things are, will and always have been happening in this world that are designed to pull the proverbial wool over peoples eyes in order to achieve a goal. There are so many, probably the majority here at ATS who feel that things aren't right in the the world, but we're never going to achieve anything by constantly discussing things we know nothing about, using our own personal theories and writing abilities to try and come up with someone or some thing to blame. Forget everything. Forget what you've been told, forget what you've learned, forget what you've seen, forget what you've heard, forget what you love, forget what you hate, forget what clothes you wear, forget what music you're into, forget who you vote for, forget your religion, forget your pride, forget your patriotism, forget your morales, forget your fears, forget your biases and your prejudices forget what you think you know and ask yourself why?Why do we do any of this? Every single one of us is living a life that could, from most perspectives be considered very unusal compared to all other living organisms as we know them. We are trying to understand and control the uncontrollable, corruptions and problems are inevitable.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by brengizzle]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Opinion Pull

This thread has gotten off track so let's pull it back on track.

Since that was largely due to the misleading title, I changed it. As I implied in my mod edit note, posting any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate is prohibited by the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use (Term 1).

The original title, "Obama Thanks Abovetopsecret.com", does seem to fall into that category, but as always, if you disagree, please don't hesitate to discuss this with me via U2U or submit a complaint for a review by other staff members.

I usually try not to comment too laboriously on such matters in the threads themselves, but in this case, I thought it might be helpful to point out that I did change the title, why I changed it, and hopefully help keep the thread from being derailed by that particular issue.

And with that, I ask anyone who may have been put off by the original thread title to please try to focus on the topic, which is spelled out in the original post.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I do not deny that Mr. Obama has inherited many problems from his predecessors. But his "stimulus package" is a great mistake in that our heirs will be paying it back for the next 100 years. As far as the man himself is concerned, I don't know him. He seems to be an intelligent, articulate and competent gentleman. So far he has not produced as he had "promised" and the congress is of the same political ilk. Personally I don't expect that he will extend his tenure in the presidency simply because of some of the "bills" he is rumored to be attempting to pass... such as the repeal of the 2nd ammendment, the right to keep and bear arms. Yes, I know that there are many persons who would love to take the firearms off the market entirely, but then the only persons with guns would be the military, police and criminals.

I truly wish Mr. Obama much luck with his duties in the presidency but I am looking forward to Sarah Palin running for President in 2012.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMissingLink

Looking more at your account, you do not understand the U.S.A. at all, and are a person here to try and get people angry. If you really did know about this country, atleast you could of spelled the Generals name correctly in your signature...

“Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men.” General George S. Patten, Jr.

I have never heard of a General George S. Patten, Jr. before, I have heard of a General George S. Patton, Jr. how ever...

I am not here to get people angry. I am here to try to get people to be informed. Thank you for pointing out Patton's spelling, I'll correct it. By the way atleast is two words and the proper way of say "could of" is "could have".
Just playin....

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by brengizzle

Man your post is just another thoery, like everyone elses, it may well be true, but i cant stand how so many people who post here say things as if they're revealing the definitive truth. Knowing things are wrong in the world doesnt give you the right to plant such vivid scenarious in peoples thoughts. things are, will and always have been happening in this world that are designed to pull the proverbial wool over peoples eyes in order to achieve a goal. There are so many, probably the majority here at ATS who feel that things aren't right in the the world, but we're never going to achieve anything by constantly discussing things we know nothing about, using our own personal theories and writing abilities to try and come up with someone or some thing to blame. Forget everything. Forget what you've been told, forget what you've learned, forget what you've seen, forget what you've heard, forget what you love, forget what you hate, forget what clothes you wear, forget what music you're into, forget who you vote for, forget your religion, forget your pride, forget your patriotism, forget your morales, forget your fears, forget your biases and your prejudices forget what you think you know and ask yourself why?Why do we do any of this? Every single one of us is living a life that could, from most perspectives be considered very unusal compared to all other living organisms as we know them. We are trying to understand and control the uncontrollable, corruptions and problems are inevitable.

Very well said brengizzle.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join