It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tarot and oracle cards, True or chance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
After reading the most recent thread on Ouija boards I wondered what the people here think of Tarot and oracle cards.

I have been reading Tarot for over 30 years and have found this to be a very reliable source of insight and at times information. Not being a statistician I have no idea about probabilities but I can assure you that with very few exceptions readings are too accurate. Tarot has been around for centuries and used by millions of people.

Today we have a seeming revolution with the various oracle cards. From angel cards, to faerie cards, to unicorn, to Avalon to animal cards the list is nearly endless. I was pretty skeptical about these "new" methods. I obtained a few of the angel decks and was shocked to find them as accurate as the Tarot.

So....what do you think makes these things accurate? Is it the reader, the energy of the seeker or do you think it is pure chance? I can give you many examples of things that are just too accurate to be chance. I hope to get lots of various opinions on this and have a good discussion.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
"True or chance"? I think the biggest factor with tarot cards is 'openness to interpretation'.

On a semi-related note, I lost any respect I ever had for OBOD when they started producing and encouraging the use of cards.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
So....what do you think makes these things accurate? Is it the reader, the energy of the seeker or do you think it is pure chance? I can give you many examples of things that are just too accurate to be chance. I hope to get lots of various opinions on this and have a good discussion.

Their accuracy is relative to how you perceive what follows the self-reading. You can effect the outcome of the cards with your thoughts and desires before doing your spread.

From my perspective, the cards are only tools. They are meant to instigate your own Insight, much like how we leaern to crawl before walking. If your insight is working nicely, then it's time to let the cards go, surrender the things of youth, you could say.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Having just googled OBOD and read their history of druidism I must say that I don't have much respect for them either.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
From my perspective, the cards are only tools. They are meant to instigate your own Insight, much like how we leaern to crawl before walking. If your insight is working nicely, then it's time to let the cards go, surrender the things of youth, you could say.

This is such a true statement! I was told about a year ago that I didn't really need the cards that in fact they are only tools. I tend to be hesitant to move out and do readings without them but so often I come up with the specific stuff that I know the info is coming from spirit and not the cards.

For me I just love the imagery in them and find them to be a part of my life. I rarely ever do a reading on myself, it is not terribly effective and IMO a bad practice for anyone to get into. I do love to read complete strangers though, that is when it is the most rewarding.

I never heard of the OBOD, just googled it and will take a full look at it when I get home from the family Sunday dinner with the kids and grandkids. Have a great day and thanks so much for responding.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

I find that conducting readings on your self are a valuable tool for gaining deeper insight and perspective on things. It has taught me over the years
a higher clarity and self awareness.

top topics

join