It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uh-oh, "suspect in officers' shooting was into conspiracy theories!"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
If you can't neutralize those pesky "conspiracy theorists" with an army of government shills and disinfo agents, how about making them the new "terrorists?" Yeah, that's the ticket!

I'm surprised the dewd wasn't accused of being a 9/11 Truther. I like how the article equates Stormfront with the "far-right Alex Jones, with roots going back to the extremist militia movement of the 1990s." The gunman's best friend says he never mentioned murdering or killing anyone, but he did write on his MySpace profile that he didn't want to be "obscure" or "pointless", so I guess that's a confession.

Suspect in officers' shooting was into conspiracy theories
Sunday, April 05, 2009
By Dennis B. Roddy, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Richard Andrew Poplawski was a young man convinced the nation was secretly controlled by a cabal that would eradicate freedom of speech, take away his guns and use the military to enslave the citizenry.

His online profile suggests someone at once lonely and seething. He wrote of burning the backs of both of his hands, the first time with a cigarette, the second time for symmetry. He subscribed to conspiracy theories and, by January 2007, was posting photographs of his tattoos on white supremacist Web site Stormfront. Among his ambitions: "to accumulate enough 'I punched that [expletive] so hard' stories to match my old man."

"Crazy to me is going through the motions," he wrote on his MySpace profile three years ago. "Crazy to me is letting each day slip past you. Crazy is being insignificant. Crazy is being obscure, pointless."

No longer obscure, the 22-year-old is charged in the worst police shooting in the modern history of Pittsburgh. No one is calling his actions anything but pointless.

"He was really into politics and really into the First and Second amendment. One thing he feared was he feared the gun ban because he thought that was going to take away peoples' right to defend themselves. He never spoke of going out to murder or to kill," said Edward Perkovic, who described himself as Mr. Poplawski's lifelong best friend.

Mr. Poplawski's view of guns and personal freedom took a turn toward the fringes of American politics. With Mr. Perkovic, he appeared to share a belief that the government was controlled from unseen forces, that troops were being shipped home from the Mideast to police the citizenry here, and that Jews secretly ran the country.

"We recently discovered that 30 states had declared sovereignty," said Mr. Perkovic, who lives in Lawrenceville. "One of his concerns was why were these major events in America not being reported to the public."

Believing most media were covering up important events, Mr. Poplawski turned to a far-right conspiracy Web site run by Alex Jones, a self-described documentarian with roots going back to the extremist militia movement of the early 1990s.

www.pittsburghpostgazette.com...

[edit on 5-4-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Why would someone who is so concerned about the government taking away peoples weapons, go out and kill several government employees with a weapon? Actions like this only add fuel to the gun control movement.

I guess it is pointless to question the motives of someone like this.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Why would someone who is so concerned about the government taking away peoples weapons, go out and kill several government employees with a weapon? Actions like this only add fuel to the gun control movement.

excactly, you have to wonder where they get there info from. marginalise us even further, but heck even hannity was saying the nwo is real now.

Suspicious isn;t t that a few days after fox starts saying we are not lying about nwo, now this and he is into conspiracies.

They just have total control, and the media can say anything they want.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Doesn't make sense, does it? A Vietnamese immigrant who murders 13 other immigrants for making fun of his English doesn't make sense either.

Perhaps the latest Manchurian Candidates or Sons of MKULTRA? If they were this successful in the 1950s, imagine how sophisticated mind control techniques must be currently:

A CIA document dated 10 Feb 1954 [4] describes an experiment on the creation of unsuspecting assassins: “Miss [deleted] was then instructed (having expressed a fear of firearms) that she would use every method at her disposal to awaken Miss [deleted] (now in a deep hypnotic sleep) and failing this, she would pick up a pistol and fire it at Miss [deleted]. She was instructed that she would not hesitate to “kill.” Miss [deleted] carried out these suggestions including firing the (unloaded) gun at [deleted]. After proper suggestions were made, both were awakened. Miss [deleted] expressed absolute denial that the foregoing sequence had happened.” (Bluebird 36, 37.)

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
He definitely had mental issues. If some one mentally handicapped didn't have guns, does that make him any less violent? If I wanted to promote havoc and distruction and didn't have a gun, I would come up with other ways such as booby traps or bombs made from household materials. I would definitely come up with a way to get my point across.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Yep, definitely some mental issues, but statements like this really bother me:

"For some time now there has been a pretty good connection between being sucked into this conspiracy world and propagating violence," said Heidi Beirich, director of research at the Southern Poverty Law Center and an expert on political extremists. She called Mr. Poplawski's act, "a classic example of what happens when you start buying all this conspiracy stuff."

What a load of crap from this "expert on political extremists." As if you can't be curious about how the world really works without shooting police with an AK-47. I'm sure they'd like nothing better than to equate conspiracy theories with terrorism or mass-murder.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Heard this on the news last night. The press are having a field day with this. "Mad man fears obama's gonna take his guns". Okey, I'm gonna take a step on the wild side here for a moment, maybe someone's already brought it up. Is anyone else thinking these shootings are . . . staged? I mean to me it almost seems like these people are receving some kind of trigger to set them off (does that make any sence?) What better way to push an anti-gun agenda then to have a bunch of people out there with subliminal triggers? to go on shooting sprees like this. What do you think could I be onto something here, or too much sci-fi?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

What a load of crap that comment is! I love how people that know very little about a subject or the people that ascribe to it and make blanket judgments like that. For all the crazies that have taken their place in history for mass killings, now conspiracy theories are to blame?????

While there are many who call for revolution among our ranks there are an equal amount that call for meditation and non violent means. I so agree that now we are on the way to being painted as dangerous extremists. Well, if Ron Paul is an extremist I guess we all are! LOLOL

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

I totallly agree with you. Propoganda to try to keep the sheep at bay and not to stray from the herd. The scary part is that we the CTs are really few and far between but we have really big mouths! I guess we're loud enough to make them notice us and be afraid. Will knowledge be the new weapon of terrorism? What superior weapon do they have to fight knowledge?

[edit on 5-4-2009 by geo1066]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

yeah I was going to ask what regulars have been missing since Fri night, but an idiot like that would have been banned from here already. and, yes, all he did was add fuel to the fire. rot in hell murderer

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
These mass murderers are either

a) government agents
b) people being controlled by the government

or

c) fabricated stories put out by the media.

A bleeding heart, gun grabbing commie gets into the office, who is the most anti gun of any president in the history of the U.S., and suddenly dozens of mass shootings pop up around the country. This is nothing more then the government and the media (they're working hand in hand) to push this anti gun (read unconstitutional) agenda of theirs. Once they disarm the majority of the population, they know very little stands in their way of completely stripping us of every right and freedom we've enjoyed up until this point. The 2nd amendment was placed in the constitution to ensure that the others don't go anywhere.

[edit on 4/5/2009 by OrderOfTheDragon]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
You are going to see more and more of these stories that just don't make sense.

You are not suppose to think. You are just supposed to believe what ever they tell you and do exactly what they say.

If you resist you are crazy, unpatriotic, a terrorist, or assisting the enemy.

They will do this only for so long, then they will have to come up with a solution that may appear a bit strong handed but "neccessary" to keep America and Americans save.

You will go along with their increased control of your lives and your enslavement because you feel that it is the only choice you have and that it is a good trade off.

You give up your freedoms and they let you live; but is a life without freedom worth living?

You will have to make the decision.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Well ya I guess it might have been a total fabrication of some guy not willing to follow the rules and so he was eliminated with a story attached that he was doing all these crazy things.

So what do you think NightSkyeB4Dawn? Was this guy rather violent with connections to white supremacy groups along with having an unstable mind led him to do what he did……Or was he just sitting in his house when the NWO police busted in for no cause, and he was able to take out a few before they finally got him?

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
They don't make sense because insane people don't make sense.

Duh.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I don't know what led up to this outcome. I doubt if it was just because he believed that his country has gone awry.

The media has spoken quite openly and frequently about a new tactic being utilized, it seems by all; the -don't let a good crisis go to waste- tactic.

This further complicates separating the wheat from the chaff when dealing with information brought to you by the MSM.

There are a lot of people frustrated, angry and afraid for their lives and their futures.

I think we are headed down one hell of a slippery slope if we allow the MSM to use this as the sole excuse for inappropriate behavior of a few. Once that becomes a standard profile for aberrant behavior than we all our suspect and we lose all rights afforded the innocent.

We are being herded into a society of well controlled, mindless, sedated work units that resemble robots. The ones that resist are portrayed as uncontrolled, mindless zombies.

You asked me what I believed about the history on this guy. I can only go by the information reported in this post. I have no person knowledge of the situation and have not at this time had the opportunity to read any other accounts of the incident so I can not make any informed decisions about the entire incident.

The question here does not appear to be if he did it; the question is why. I don't have enough information to the able to say what I honestly "believe". I can tell you that I do “not” believe that his association with any group or website was the blame.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn

You asked me what I believed about the history on this guy. I can only go by the information reported in this post. I have no person knowledge of the situation and have not at this time had the opportunity to read any other accounts of the incident so I can not make any informed decisions about the entire incident.

If it was true this guy burned the back of his hands in some kind of angry defiance and wore those scars like badges of honor while participating in hate group rhetoric I would say conspiracies was the least of his issues.

If anything he fuels the fire formore control from the government to keep us safe from oursleves.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

So what do you think NightSkyeB4Dawn? Was this guy rather violent with connections to white supremacy groups along with having an unstable mind led him to do what he did……Or was he just sitting in his house when the NWO police busted in for no cause, and he was able to take out a few before they finally got him?

It was his mother who called the police to have him thrown out of the house because of dog pee in the house.

What kind of person fights with his own mother?

To me, it is about an irrational son. His own mother had to hide in the basement when the shooting began.

Real crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Couldn't have said it better. I'm not sure they're telling the truth about this kid. It's all to convenient for him to be a dissident and a conspiracy theorist. I think the reality of this incident is that this kid was not mentally stable, and even without an interest in conspiracy theories, his paranoia would have eventually lead to this anyway.

He's sick, young and stupid. He needs help where ever he goes because I don't think he understands what is really going on and how it applies to him.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The people here thinking that this guy was a 'plant' or was coerced into doing this are almost as crazy as the shooter. Grow up already.
All this talk of NWOs and revolution coming from the right wing of this country is starting to get spooky. I know it's a small percentage here that take that stuff to heart but still. There's entirely too much paranoia in America today imho. The people in the media pushing some of this garbage(garbage like Obama is going to take all your guns) are partially responsible for attacks like this one in Pittsburgh. They give crazy people something to latch onto and it gives the nuts out there an excuse to commit heinous acts. Instead of dwelling on how the world might implode, more people need to dwell on how they can make this world a better place. I hate to pontificate but this revolutionary talk that's popping up all over lately is really starting to piss me off.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I have a question? Can a Vietnamese national join a White Supremacy Group? And What purpose does it serve? Inquiring minds want to know.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

top topics

<<   2 >>

join