It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police 'assaulted' bystander who died during G20 protests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Police 'assaulted' bystander who died during G20 protests

ian-tomlinson.love.com

The man who died during last week's G20 protests was "assaulted" by riot police shortly before he suffered a heart attack, according to witness statements received by the Independent Police Complaints Commission. Investigators are examining a series of corroborative accounts that allege Ian Tomlinson, 47, was a victim of police violence in the moments before he collapsed near the Bank of England in the City of London last Wednesday evening. Three witnesses have told the Observer that Mr Tomlinson was attacked violently as he made his way home from work at a nearby newsagents
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
you can find additional info with the movie on page here:

www.libdemvoice.org...

there are a lot of witnesses confirming the brutality of police during the G20.
same happened on NATO meeting. many injured.

funny that it is on MSM only thanks to the prv vids published on internet. so we already have a ban in UK to film the police in action. and by some coincidence Rockefeller is now pushing the bill to control it. look here:

www.worldnetdaily.com...

welcome to 1984 world

ian-tomlinson.love.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

"I saw a man violently propelled forward, as though he'd been flung by the arm, and fall forward on his head," the witness claimed.

"He hit the top front area of his head on the pavement.

It's very plausible this harsh fall induced his heart attack.

Harsh blunt-force trauma to the head could have caused bleeding within the brain that formed a blood clot, which then subsequently travelled to his heart and triggered a blockage of blood to it, thus causing a heart attack.

Very plausible indeed.

This should be deliberated in front of a court, not on an online blog, as the Officers who flung him to the ground could seriously be responsible for his death.

[edit on 5/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
He wasn't the only guy to get assaulted, but tragically it was hard enough to kill him.

These are our peace keepers. These growling, angry psyched-up men are here to protect you and your children. Just don't wind them up or they'll smash your skull in.

These growling, angry men will protect you from yourselves, by dragging young girls by the throat and hitting old people with shields and truncheons.

Seriously the riot police are pigs.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
It's very plausible this harsh fall induced his heart attack.

IF.... it really was a heart attack as the cause of death.
Who's to say they didn't immediately start covering their tracks by getting at the coroners report.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
and cover their tracks by saying the crowd threw 'missiles' at them when they tried to resucitate him.

Bollocks

[edit on 5-4-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

IF.... it really was a heart attack as the cause of death.
Who's to say they didn't immediately start covering their tracks by getting at the coroners report.

I'm just going by what the article said, I don't wanna start floating all sorts of sinister speculation.

But it seems likely enough some temperamental cop threw him around a bit too hard and inadvertently killed him.

I don't think they'd go to the trouble of faking coroner's reports just over one protester.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I don't think they'd go to the trouble of faking coroner's reports just over one protester.

I'm afraid I don't go with your optimism on this matter.

This was a very public display of new police 'riot control techniques' (Riot.. ha!!)
If it is to be implemented frequently,I think the last thing they want to see is a 'death via police brutality' on day one...

Because they're just peace loving guys doing a job like any of us...
Aren't they?

EDIT

Especially on an innocent passer by...

[edit on 5-4-2009 by AGENT_T]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
A good smack in the chest with a baton could cause it.
The MSM reports he was just walking home from work.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

Not necessarily. A heart attack is when blow flow to the muscles of the heart is restricted.

Blunt force trauma directly to the heart itself would causing bruising and possibly (if done hard enough) rupture blood vessels hence causing death by massive internal bleeding.

Which is not equivalent to a heart attack.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

If it is to be implemented frequently,I think the last thing they want to see is a 'death via police brutality' on day one...

Well a death has occurred either way, whether it was the result of harsh police tactics or not, the guy died.

So it's bad press for them anyway to begin with. How they try to justify it and cover it up still wouldn't gloss over the fact the guy clearly died as a result of police intervention.

Whether the intervention was warranted or not, is the question here and what the Police will likely use as an excuse (the guy was acting dangerously/recklessly,etc).

From all likelihood, this guy was just minding his own business and not threatening anyone, but we need more information.

These G20 protesters aren't exactly your ordinary, run-of-the-mil, peace demonstrators either.

They're well known for their use of sometimes violent and destructive tactics to disrupt the G20 proceedings. There's another article on ATS here about a girl at the protests who destroyed public property.

[edit on 5/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Not necessarily. A heart attack is when blow flow to the muscles of the heart is restricted.

Blunt force trauma directly to the heart itself would causing bruising and possibly (if done hard enough) rupture blood vessels hence causing death by massive internal bleeding.

Which is not equivalent to a heart attack.

Its been shown in many documented situations.
That blunt force trauma to the chest can cause an arrest.
13yo's have died from cardiac arrest as a result of a karate mistake.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Its been shown in many documented situations.
That blunt force trauma to the chest can cause an arrest.
13yo's have died from cardiac arrest as a result of a karate mistake.

I don't think either of us are qualifed to make that judgement, all I'm saying is, from the REPORTED evidence, i.e. the fall to the head, it's quite plausible that he suffered a heart attack as a result.

There's no evidence to suggest he was hit incredibly hard with a police baton.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I don't think either of us are qualifed to make that judgement, all I'm saying is, from the REPORTED evidence, i.e. the fall to the head, it's quite plausible that he suffered a heart attack as a result.

There's no evidence to suggest he was hit incredibly hard with a police baton.

Indeed, but there IS evidence to show that dozens upon dozens of other people WERE hit incredibly hard by batons.

Occams razor anyone?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Indeed, but there IS evidence to show that dozens upon dozens of other people WERE hit incredibly hard by batons.

Any sources?

If that's indeed true I'd be more inclined to believe that was the cause of death here.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

reply to post by mr-lizard

Any sources?

If that's indeed true I'd be more inclined to believe that was the cause of death here.

I'm an eye witness (not to the death) but to other peaceful protestors.

I saw people bleeding from their faces and heads and i saw two police officers roughly tackle a woman to the floor, were she got tangled with her bike. I'd stand in court and describe what i saw.

No doubt you should check youtube for evidence in the next few days, i know there's a couple of vids, and even a vid on ATS.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
That's murder right there. Good thing it's on video, but the one who took this video could be charged as a terrorist for filming police. Noone will ever pay for this crime.

[Edit] I'm of course referring to this video which shows the cop hitting him in the leg with a baton and the pushing him into the pavement head first.
Guardian

[edit on 7/4/2009 by PsykoOps]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I mean WTF, the guy was walking away from the policeman who hit him, with his hands in his pockets! He was clearly trying to avoid any conflict at all!

That's cold-blooded murder we're witness to. If any other person had struck the man in such a fashion, and he suffered a heart-attack and died, that person would be charged with murder, just as this officer should!

It's about time we started weeding the criminals out of the police force, already.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Occams razor anyone?

A person died because of the police, does not matter about occams razor, he died as result of what they did. The policeman should be in jail for the rest of his life.

What a joke of double standards we live in.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The policeman was convieniently masked also. No way of ID'ing him from the video. Even if some brave cop would tell who he was the assailant still wouldn't be punished. That's just the way it goes these days.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join