It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: North Korea Rocket Launch Failed.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze
Has anyone here considered that this missile might have been shot down by an airborn defence laser??

It seems to me that this whole event unfolded right into the US / UN's hands to test their icbm defence net.

just a thought...

All the best,

NeoN HaZe

That would have been a perfect time to test a chemical laser, no one would have known really because everyone keeps underestimating the U.S. missile defense program, which I think has probably made a lot more progress than we've been told.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

WOW!

Great find! Ya who we gonna believe?
The ones who launched it, or the ones who want to continue
to promote fear.
Edit to add: theres always three sides to a story!

Will we ever know the truth?

Truth is like gold, very rare nowdays, along with honesty.....

Thanks for the dose of reality and for the vid!

[edit on 5-4-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Here's another piece, this time from NK stating the launch was successful and the sat is now orbiting.

North Korea Says It Successfully Launched Satellite

Following is a full text of the English-language report on North Korea's KCNA news agency on Sunday saying the communist state had successfully put a satellite into orbit:

"Scientists and technicians of the DPRK (North Korea) have succeeded in putting satellite Kwangmyongsong-2, an experimental communications satellite, into orbit by means of carrier rocket Unha-2 under the state's long-term plan for the development of outer space.

"Unha-2, which was launched at the Tonghae Satellite Launching Ground in Hwadae County, North Hamgyong Province at 11:20 (0220 GMT) on April 5, accurately put Kwangmyongsong-2 into its orbit at 11:29:02, nine minutes and two seconds after its launch.

So conflicting reports, who to believe? who knows, on the angle of a shootdown, I posted an article which claims that the only time the rocket could have been intercepted, was during the final stage, which seems to jive with claims of the last stage failing.

If they have successfully put the sat in orbit, I don't think it would take to long to verify.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

The satellite is going round the earth along its elliptic orbit at the angle of inclination of 40.6 degrees at 490 km perigee and 1,426 km apogee. Its cycle is 104 minutes and 12 seconds.
"Mounted on the satellite are necessary measuring devices and communications apparatuses.

If this is indeed true any radio satellite with a sufficient diameter dish should be picking North Korean telemetry data signals with ease.

The US could verify this within a matter of minutes.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

True, but will we ever be privy to the TRUTH on this launch?

Each side will claim opposing views, create confusion as usual...

Looks like we now have the latest conspiracy

Was this all already agreed to prior to the launch....

Someone knows, and it isn't me

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
While I am not fully convinced that little kims toy made it into orbit, I will entertain the possibility.

Another thing on my mind. If it didn't make it into orbit, did someone take it down?

What a disappointment anyways. All I heard for weeks is don't point that thing near Japan or we may shoot it down... Surprise. Surprise. Surprise.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao
reply to post by Karlhungis

haha, i heard that just as in '98 NK claimed again they had succesfully launched a satellite which broadcoast patriotic songs of KIm jong il and his father..god they're really pathetic..

They are pathetic
Have you watched TV lately? The whole world is pathetic. Don't point at them cause Americans can beat them at that game any day.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Just a follow up on the story...

source

Obama leads world condemnation of North Korea

US President Barack Obama led global condemnation of North Korea's rocket launch Sunday, calling it "a provocative act" for which Pyongyang must be punished.

South Korea said it was "reckless" and put its armed forces on heightened alert, as did Japan. China and Russia pleaded for restraint as the UN Security Council was summoned to an emergency session in New York later Sunday.

Outrage poured out of world capitals after the isolated, nuclear-armed Stalinist state launched a long-range rocket carrying what it called a satellite transmitting "immortal revolutionary songs".

The fear is that a similar rocket could be used to fire a nuclear weapon.

"This provocation underscores the need for action -- not just this afternoon at the UN Security Council, but in our determination to prevent the spread of these weapons," said Obama, in Prague for an EU-US summit.

"Rules must be binding. Violations must be punished. Words must mean something. The world must stand together to prevent the spread of these weapons."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

source

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Wouldnt somebody with a Ham radio or something be able to pick up these songs and confirm or deny its up there. Not sure how it works but if its sending a signal maybe people can pick it up.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
The only problem with NK doing this is that they proved it could be done without the finances of the global bank cartel being involved.

They will be punished, I'm sure.

Sure just starve your own people enough and you'll save plenty of money then you can spend it on all kinds of nice little toys that wont feed anyone.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

First of all, this article says that Russia says that it was a successful launch of a satellite:
www.cnn.com...

So who are we going to believe, the West or the East?? I've been tortured enough by the "West" here in America that I find it hard not to like the "East" better.

I say the US should retrieve the "Satellite" and then formally return it to North Korea with a note that states...

"We Said NO! and that means NO!"

[edit on 5-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Looks like we now have the latest conspiracy

Was this all already agreed to prior to the launch....

Someone knows, and it isn't me

If in fact it did make it to orbit. Which I highly doubt. Then I say lets have the space shuttle which is do to launch fly up and have a very public viewing of an astronaut plucking it out of the sky with his hand look at it and then place it into a waste basket aboard the International space station and be done with it!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think the Russians consider this much more of a big deal than we do. Take note of the photo with the NK flag and the mushroom cloud.

North Korea

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hmm..........

Whos propaganda is correct? The Chinese, Russian, and NK flavor, or the scare-mongering USA and SK?

We know they lied over Iraq, so why would this be any different?

Anyone know the frequencies they are transmitting on? I might break out the radio if I can pick them up.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

There was no launch!

Please excuse my ignorance but my eyes don't deceive me. I'm getting a spoonful of info of what the missile looked like at the launch site, what it could have been, that it was successful, no it wasn't, a false launch report from japan, all being described to us via media from the political goons.

But yet no evidence of the launch itself ( no images of it in flight, video of it in flight, etc). I understand that NK is a poor country , NK being closed off and that it isn't technology central but flying near Japan and still nothing caught on camera? On a good day for a launch in the middle of the day...

We get college shootings caught on cell phones, Iran's satellite launch on video, volcanoes erupting in the middle of the ocean and everything in-between on video or camera.

We had like a 2months heads up.

And now they're claiming that the payload fell into the ocean and U.N. and U.S. are retrieving the debris. I can't keep up with their stories. You know when you're lying you're stories change.

Once again please excuse my ignorance and be so kind to refer me to some cited sources.

Warmest regards.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Any thoughts? I hope that I didn't miss any clips of it flying, I'm gonna feel really dumb. haha

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I say the US should retrieve the "Satellite" and then formally return it to North Korea with a note that states...

"We Said NO! and that means NO!"

You're kidding right?

America now has the right to dictate who and who can't possess communications satellites?

Who gave them the right to field a fleet of some 30 spy satellites in orbit around the Earth that constantly pry onto everyone's forbidden and sensitive military installations around the world?

This hypocritical logic is the same one used to justify lame-duck arguments that nations who support terrorism need to be held accountable for their actions, when America exports more arms than any other nation on the planet.

America has absolutely no right to tell ANYONE whether they can or cannot possess satellites.

Where does this inanely stupid "Sheriff" mentality derive from? And when will it stop?

When America can tell the world where and when to take a dump?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

It's great to have the freedom to express your opinion isn't it?
Let's hope some day North Koreans will be able to enjoy that freedom.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It's great to have the freedom to express your opinion isn't it?

Way to dodge the point.

Expressing your opinion is one thing. Shoving it down the throat of anyone who's opinion you don't particularly like is another.

Make the distinction please.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

The North Koreans claimed they launched a satellite before and there was nothing up there. Amateur radio operators will be able to detect it if it's up there. There were some interesting articles about a pair of brothers in Italy that followed Russian and American space launches in the 1960s and picked up some very interesting communications. All with nothing but home built radio systems.

The SM-3 CAN hit a missile during the boost phase, but it was designed for terminal defense, not boost phase. But it's a matter of launching at exactly the right time, so it's harder to do. The Aegis BMD was designed to hit short, medium, and intermediate range missiles.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join