It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chile: eruption at Llaima

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Chile: eruption at Llaima

volcanism.wordpress.com

Llaima volcano in Chile is erupting. The Chilean Government’s Oficina Nacional de Emergencia (ONEMI) reported yesterday that from around 20:00 local time incandescence at the crater was visible from the adjacent areas of Cherquenco and Vilcún, and to a lesser extent from Melipeuco. The various emergency and civil protection committees were duly activated. A further bulletin earlier today reported that ‘an eruption of weak character is taking place at Llaima volcano with small explosions and eruptions of pyroclastic material at the level of the crater.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
same with mount redoubt:

www.avo.alaska.edu...

and map with other 3 with fresh active (Ambrym, Raventador and Gorely Volcanoes):

www.volcano.si.edu...

looks like the ring of fire is really hot nowadays.

I was thinking how carbon mafia is going to tax the God for spoiling completly their carbon emission plan with those eruptions?

volcanism.wordpress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I wouldn't put it past them to try it
line

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm sure they will find a way to shift the burden onto us.

Luckily, the report makes this seem like a small one.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Whats the cause?of the recent hotbed of eruptions in the ring of fire?

Cause and Effect.

I'm having problems pinpointing the cause and also the effect of these string of events.

I have my thoughts, no matter how far fetched they might be, nonetheless it stacks up compared to what I'm being able to read from our media sources.

Warmest regards.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JWash

I do not really follow the nibru and 2012 predictions. there are obviously no connection to the sunspots either because there is nothing like it at the moment happening.
I think that this is some pretty natural process which could be connected to the warming up in past years (it is obviously a natural process which looks to be slowing down pretty rapidly) and its influence on the ice melting. this relifes the pressure off the plates and can bring some pretty big movements of them. and this could cause the EQs as well as recent volcanic activity.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This is nothing new. The Andes' volcanoes are very active. Last year another one erupted in Chile, and sent volcanic ashes on a whopping 4000 km radius. Towns were evacuated and are now uninhabited.
And that's not counting Ecuador, for instance, which has every province named to a local volcano, for example the "Chimborazo" which is actually the largest volcano in America.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Thank you for the replies. I find it interesting that the moon has a causing effects on our oceans. However there's the difficulty "de-bunking" of Nibiru/brown dwarf/planet x and that it wouldn't have any effect on earth at all, "IF" it is true. Its like for every "No it isn't true" something comes out proving that somethings there.

The Sun's Solar flare activity is interesting on how it's so quiet right now, when its supposed to be ramping up. Thats another thing to watch, according to our Astro-Physicists.

Man, I wish that I had access to an observatory sometimes. I've been meaning to get a telescope, I'm gonna put that on my to-do list. haha

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm still on the fence with Nibiru. I think if it were coming in 2012, it would be within sight. However, I try not to debunk anything. I like to just stick a fact wherever it fits, only trying to help put the puzzle together. IF Niburu is coming, It will certainly wreak havoc here on Earth. Guess we will have to sit back and wait.

I miss having access to an observatory. All alumni to my university have access to the observatory, but I am so far away these days.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by tamusan]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Gotta love all the geological activity as of late. It seems our planet is going through some sort of change. It is hard to tell what is in store, but I doubt this will be the worst of it.

In 2008 we had a few month long swarm of earthquakes here in Reno Reno urged to prepare for more quakes(ATSNN)

We've had tsunamis in 2004, and fantastic underwater volcano eruptions Recently, which turned out to be the first overt event marking the recent wave of geological activity:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Agreed.

The american education system has wrongly steered us from the true meaning of Power. Instead we are taught, Power is in who has the most money and influence.

Power instead is in the natural occuring weather, astrology, natural occuring events that man can not control. Perhaps manipulate, yes.

If one sudden shift in our planets or the moon and EVEN the richest most powerfullest person cannot control the effects.

Warmest Regards.

new topics

top topics

join