It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study claims 'highly engineered explosive' found in WTC rubbl

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tomfrusso

Yes, god forbid we change our stance once more evidence is shown. Unlike the OS that has changed how many times now?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I think people here should consider the arguments presented here very carefully indeed.

Lest we forget, the people thought by many to have carried this crime out, are both influential and very powerful.

It cost's very little in time and money to employ lackies to type negative and circular arguments all day and all night long, on any website forum.

Just something to bear in mind when reading some of the posts here and elsewhere.

spikey.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by platoslab
reply to post by esdad71

esdad,

Conclusions are on page 23.

"2. The primary elements (Al, Fe, O, Si, C) are typically
all present in particles at the scale of tens to hundreds
of nanometers, and detailed XEDS mapping shows
intimate mixing."

"4. Iron oxide appears in faceted grains roughly 100 nm
across whereas the aluminum appears in thin platelike
structures. The small size of the iron oxide particles
qualifies the material to be characterized as nanothermite
or super-thermite."

Your arguments hold no water.

The small size of the iron oxide particles
or pigment in paint. The presence of silica and organic materials makes it more likely to be paint than super-thermite.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
of course there was thermite or some other type explosive there!
i hate to say it, but anybody that has seen the videos, and thinks that a passenger air craft brought the towers down, maybe a few bricks shy.

i"m looking at this in as simple as possible.

1st: they fell straight down, if any body watches tv and i"m sure most do.
you cant watch this and say its didnt look like a controled demo. they fell in a neat little pile. thats what came to my mind when i saw it for the video.

2nd: ok so maybe the fire did cause them to fall. how come they didnt fall to the north, south east or west. or how about falling to the sides where the great big ol hole was! seems to me that was already the weakest point. both towers 1&2 fell in on top of themself. and what about all the people that said they heard explosions, and all the news cast about them.
yea maybe you cant belive every thing that the media says, but that was all happping at the spur of the moment and no time to edit or make up some bs.and one of the biggies for me, is the architect who designed the towers siad that he designed them to take a hit from a airliner. so well maybe planes back then werent as big as now, but still they should have held up a little better.

3rd: wtc7 wasn't even hit. it supposedly cuaght fire from the debree from the tower. so how can they expect people to belive, that the fire worked its way down to the fuel tanks for the generators, and had the same effect that was seen on the towers.

theres just so much info out about this, how can any one not think that it was a inside job.osoma's boys might have been flyin the planes, but i think that some body paid him to do it. what better way to start the push to get more control over the citizens of the us, and take away our rights with the partiot act, and get rid of all of the people in the world, that may opose the new world order.

please do they think that we are blind, even if we cant spell.
simple people have simple ways, but we are not dumb

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Electric arc welding generally generates temperatures in the 6-8,000 degrees C range, Ionized gas (Plasma Welding) generates 24.000 degrees C

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece

Originally posted by mike dangerously
reply to post by greenorbs

I have always thought the reason WTC7 was pulled was because the plotters used the NYC emergency command center to run the entire op that day that was the nerve center for not only the towers but for the pentagon and Shanksville as well.

I believe you're correct. It's possible that the plane near Shanksville was intended to destroy the evidence at WTC 7. Maybe it got delayed or compromised and had to be shot down. The mayor of Shanksville and several Vietnam vets in the area distinctly heard Sidewinder missiles prior to the "crash." That's what amazes me about the government's official story. They're totally incapable of telling the truth about any aspect of 9/11, including details that could be justified or seen as innocuous. Nope, 100% lies from beginning to end. Hell, they didn't even bother coming up with alternate identities for the six or seven "hijackers" who were found to be alive and protested being identified as "terrorists." The only guys that I know for sure were involved in 9/11 (besides Cheney and Rumsfeld), are those dancing Israelis who were arrested on charges of plotting to blow up the George Washington Bridge. But thanks to Chertoff, they were released a couple months later.
Fleece,Do you really think the past administration and the current one would admit to ordering the shooting down of a jet airliner full of American civilians? imagine the outcry there is no way the American public would accept that decision from any President not to mention the fact that any real investigation into the shoot down over Shanksville may lead to the plotters.

[edit on 063030p://5826 by mike dangerously]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

You mean you don't chop trees down, by hacking away at one side...then watching them fall straight down into the ground, pulverizing the trunk into a neat little 3-5 foot round circle of wood chips on the ground. :p

I guess it's not safe though cause...you get those pesky braches that pop off, and knock down other huge trees 30 yards away(completely straight down to the grownas well), I hate that

Guess tying them off to pull them over is safer.

BTW GRIFF- your other Avatar was much better- imho.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Nola213]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
Fleece,Do you really think the past administration and the current one would admit to ordering the shooting down of a jet airliner full of American civilians? imagine the outcry there is no way the American public would accept that decision from any President not to mention the fact that any real investigation into the shoot down over Shanksville may lead to the plotters.

I think most people (of those who believe the official story) would accept Flight 93 being shot down in order to prevent additional deaths and destruction. It also would've addressed criticism from those who claim there was a military stand-down.

But instead of telling the truth, another manipulative lie was created: the "heroic passengers defeat hijackers" fairy tale, which probably never happened. IIRC, it was quietly admitted that passengers never made it into the cockpit. I'm not even sure Flight 93 crashed into that tiny V-shaped smoking crater, which USGS photos show existed prior to 9/11.

My point is, when almost every aspect of the official 9/11 story is an enormous lie -- even when the truth could've been reasonably disclosed -- it's interesting that there's so much cynicism and proof demanded from those who are dedicated to figuring out what really happened. Eight years later, no one seems terribly bothered that we haven't even seen a photo of whatever hit the Pentagon, but when nine scientists discover thermite at Ground Zero, it turns into a monumental PhD-level molecular chemistry debate.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I think the C.I.A. just wants to keep these topics in circulation so everybody argues around in circles and the real truth will never be known.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The 9/11 Truth movement and all of the other WTC conspiracy is a smoke screen so people do not investigate 93 further. They made a movie, a catch phrase and moved on. Mineta and Cheney. They did it.

Thanks for the heads up ptredine.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine

The small size of the iron oxide particles
or pigment in paint. The presence of silica and organic materials makes it more likely to be paint than super-thermite.

FYI, Si is used in some variants of thermite and I doubt the scientists involved will agree with your explosive paint theory.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by platoslab]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
The 9/11 Truth movement and all of the other WTC conspiracy is a smoke screen so people do not investigate 93 further.

Oh, I see -- the 9/11 truth movement is a smoke screen so people won't discover the truth about 9/11? Interesting theory.

Since you're a tireless defender of the 9/11 official story, what have you discovered about Flight 93 and how are you able to pick and choose between what you think is the truth and the many other obvious fabrications, like Flight 93?

Which parts of a pathological liar's story do you choose to believe?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
There's are good reasons why so many people don't take seriously the controlled demolition explanations.

For one thing too much high school physics is thrown around.

Then there's the unwillingness to examine each aspect separately. Flight 93 and the supposed thermite planting may not be connected. One may be true the other not.

I find Truthers essentially like Fundamentalists. "The big bad deceiving government did it." That's the argument and all evidence is included or excluded based on whether it supports this view.

I keep seeing references to the Official Story. Where is the countering peer review documented and cited Unofficial Story? Does it include the No-planes Theory, Hologram explanations, Mossad involvement, etc?

I don't accept histrionics as a valid way of discussing anything.

I think the Truthers are responsible for the large scale skepticism as much or more than the government and media.

Mike

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

I find Truthers essentially like Fundamentalists.

You mean Constitutionalists - right?

...because your 'comparison' doesn't make any sense unless you are referencing those who value the fundamentals of the Constitution and Rule of Law....

*And If you aren't doing that, then it is quite clear you are just attempting to be insulting. Poor form.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamsnatcher

TWC7's command center always bothered me dreamsnacher since that day I still find it odd that Rudy and the others set up shop down on pier 24 when they had access to the city command center.Who have the authority to order the mayor of NYC and his staff to abandon their posts?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Since I am an official "thread killer" I officially kill this thread.

WTC was legit....no conspiracy. Retarded if you think otherwise. THREAD KILLED!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

That's an interesting point,Fleece never really looked at it that way.As for the OS supporters let them defend a constantly changing story eventually they will be facing so many conflicting facts they won't know what to believe.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
This is a peer reviewed journal with many expert, credentialed, contributors.

I say Bravo! to Dr Steven Jones who gave up his career and considerable reputation in the pursuit of the truth. I think very few are willing to risk their reputations let alone their livelihood in the quest for justice. In that way he is deserving of respect.

Let's let the experts have a look at the journal and evidence presented before we make claims that we are completely unqualified to judge.

How did WTC 7 fall at free fall speed (that means zero resistance) for 2.25 seconds????? This was pointed out by a high school physics teacher forcing NIST to change their official report!

It's called science. The laws of man are often broken but the proven laws of physics and science...never.

A group of people...criminals committed a most heinous crime that day and their should be justice for the dead and suffering no matter where the evidence leads. Justice, the rule of law.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Molten rivers of metal and red paint chips thought to be thermite are TWO totally different conversations.

Based on reading the memo they produced they were paint chips. If it was active thermite, they could have made a reaction, made a video and had some credibility. Do you not think so???

People, think for yourselves and stop letting other people influence what you believe and who you believe in.

I think they must have found granulated PRINGLE powder which might contain thermite

Or Doritos???

Once you pop you can't stop!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael
There's are good reasons why so many people don't take seriously the controlled demolition explanations.

For one thing too much high school physics is thrown around.

Doesn't take a PhD in physics to understand conservation of motion and energy.

Then there's the unwillingness to examine each aspect separately. Flight 93 and the supposed thermite planting may not be connected. One may be true the other not.

Unwillingness by who? Every detail of 9/11 has been endlessly hashed and re-hashed because answers from the government were sparse and cloaked in "national security." As for which parts of the official story are true or untrue, when a witnesses' courtroom testimony is found to be false, it's all thrown out, perjury charges are filed and everything the witness says from that point forward is regarded as unreliable. Why should governments be judged any differently?

I find Truthers essentially like Fundamentalists. "The big bad deceiving government did it." That's the argument and all evidence is included or excluded based on whether it supports this view.

Fundamentalists, eh? Interesting analogy. As opposed to the big bad Arabs did it? OK, they're not exactly sure which Arabs did it or for that matter, which country is responsible. Let's just say it was that shadowy global bogeyman "al-Qaeda" along with the "Islamo-fascists" to keep things simple. And never mind that Osama bin Laden can't be found, a half dozen "hijackers" are reportedly still alive, there were no Arab names in the original passenger manifests or government autopsy reports, some of the hijacker "pilots" weren't proficient enough to rent a Cessna, others might have used false IDs... or maybe not. It's all kinda fluid and ethereal.

Whatever, these are just petty details that don't require hard answers or skepticism. What's important is that two multi-trillion dollar wars were expertly woven out of thin cloth and the "Patriot' and Military Commissions Acts were passed without any unpleasant scrutiny or debate. Oh yeah, the monolithic "Homeland Security" agency was established to monitor those radical libertarians and peace activists with shiny new NSA satellites.

I think the Truthers are responsible for the large scale skepticism as much or more than the government and media.

That would be a good thing. Americans have naively trusted both for too long. If 9/11 is responsible for waking people up to how the corporate media, government and globalists really work, then maybe it'll be regarded as an seminal consciousness-raising event instead of a budget-busting, liberty-destroying fiasco.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by GoldenFleece]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join