It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study claims 'highly engineered explosive' found in WTC rubbl

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by billybob

Remember that the DSC was done in air, which negates any conclusions about thermitic reactions.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Have any of you read the article? Did any of you take the time? I would wager that not 1 in 10 of the posters of this thread read it. That is why you all sound so silly in this case. There is NO evidence of active super nano thermite!!!!!

You obviously did not understand or read the paper...

"The red material contains grains approximately 100 nm across which are largely iron oxide, " Abstract at www.bentham-open.org/pages/content.php?TOCPJ/2009/00000002/00000001/7TOCPJ.SGM

nm = nanometer

[edit on 6-4-2009 by platoslab]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine

Remember that the DSC was done in air, which negates any conclusions about thermitic reactions.

thermitic potential is there according to the size and distrbution of the iron oxide and aluminum, and the particles are evenly distributed and in the nano-scale.
how about, 'more tests are needed'.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Billy Bob, the paper has no conclusions. None. I was not referring to the other analysis that was done but the testing that was performed on the chips. When heating the chips, something 'jumped' from it.

This is the scientific proof....

The first WTC red/gray chip so tested was approximately
1mm 􀀁 1mm. After a few seconds of heating, the high-speed
ejection of a hot particle was observed under the hand of the
person holding the torch (Fig. 22). The intense light and
bright orange color of the particle attest to its high temperature.
In this case, the attempt to recover the diminutive endproduct
of the reaction was unsuccessful. A short video clip
of the test (including slow-motion) is available here:
journalof911studies.com...
ow.mov

Again, we heated something and something jumped from it we could not test so we feel that this chip is nano-thermite. That is his scientific conclusion...You can get that from flint and a rock too....

This report is garbage. I mean, if they were actually testing it, why did it not have a more 'violent' reaction as the so called super thermite they describe on page 17 of the report? Then there are 2 pictures with non similar particles, non similar spectra and they are calling them the same. There is no Mg in one of the samples so they would not be the same. There is Mg in the commercial thermite but not the tested chip. Christ, they debunk themselves here folks.

PLEASE READ the article....I implore you....

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

esdad,

Conclusions are on page 23.

"2. The primary elements (Al, Fe, O, Si, C) are typically
all present in particles at the scale of tens to hundreds
of nanometers, and detailed XEDS mapping shows
intimate mixing."

"4. Iron oxide appears in faceted grains roughly 100 nm
across whereas the aluminum appears in thin platelike
structures. The small size of the iron oxide particles
qualifies the material to be characterized as nanothermite
or super-thermite."

Your arguments hold no water.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine

So, if it reacted in an inert gas, would you change your mind? Or move the goal posts?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

There is no Mg in one of the samples so they would not be the same. There is Mg in the commercial thermite but not the tested chip. Christ, they debunk themselves here folks.

esdad,

Mg is mainly used to initiate the reaction therefore it is not required throughout the entire thermite mixture. You should do your homework before making seriously flawed assertions.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I find it completely laughable that police and firefighters would go around reporting that there were secondary explosive devices planted in the buildings, but in reality, they were just confusing gas lines and falling bodies for planted bombs. Laughable. How foolish of some of the people here that think they, who likely weren't at ground zero on that day, know what happened and what those explosions were better than the fire fighters, police, reporters, rescue workers, eyewitnesses, and employees who WERE there that day. Explosions BELOW the point of impact on numerous occasions AND fireballs exploding at the exact time of the collapse? You'd think they were developing some kind of new '___' at WTC which caused them all to hallucinate and make up conspiracies. It miraculously affected cameras as well, amazing advances in illegal drug development. Yeah, how silly of us conspiracy theorists to believe those guys over arrogant forum members who think they know better than those people. What a way to show respect to those people and the dead for that matter.

Some of you guys are in massive denial about everything and you are the ones who can't handle the truth even when it comes from the people who were saving lives and putting out fires that day. It's not speculation, it's straight from their mouths and you still make stuff up to discredit them. Yeah, those idiots can't tell the difference between falling bodies and planted bombs, why should we listen to them? In that case, I guess there were thousands of planted bombs in those towers and they were all trying to escape alive or jumping out of windows. Unbelievable!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by platoslab

There is no Mg in one of the samples so they would not be the same. There is Mg in the commercial thermite but not the tested chip. Christ, they debunk themselves here folks.

esdad,

Mg is mainly used to initiate the reaction therefore it is not required throughout the entire thermite mixture. You should do your homework before making seriously flawed assertions.

I understand that but I am pointing out what the article says. It states that the samples are the same. If one has Mg, it would be the commercial thermite. In the sample they test, there is none. Please explain why? Why not use Mg for the sample test to initiate the reaction? Simple questions.

As far as the the falling bodies, I stated that some of the secondary explosions were later found to be bodies. You cannot deny that as multiple witnesses that day said the same thing. Ever hear the noise of someone falling 72 stories onto a glass ceiling? Find a video as they are out there. I do not think someone would mistake a gas line rupture for a falling body and never said that.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by esdad71]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

this video evidence I think is the smoking gun regarding thermite......you have a molten like material pouring out ...which is impossible in an office fire even WITH JET FUEL (jet fuel burns at 600f)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Winston Churchill

This seems very appropriate when describing Dr. Jones.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

That is a seriously good find man.

Can't believe I haven't seen this before.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I understand that but I am pointing out what the article says. It states that the samples are the same. If one has Mg, it would be the commercial thermite. In the sample they test, there is none. Please explain why? Why not use Mg for the sample test to initiate the reaction? Simple questions.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by esdad71]

Mg does not have to be a part of the thermite composition. It is just an ignition source to start the chain reaction. Have you ever used a road flare, match or fireworks with a fuse? Same principle. The absence of Mg has no significance since thermite will burn fine without it. This argument is moot.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I did not state all of the secondary explosions were bodies but there were people who did report explosions and they turned out to be bodies.

It's simply ridiculous to assert that these massive secondary explosions (like at the beginning of the video) heard throughout the day were anything but... massive secondary explosions. No, they weren't falling bodies or unburned fuel that dropped to the bottom of the elevator shafts or gas lines or exploding copy machines or any other crazy thing your mind can conjure up. They were exactly what was reported by the numerous police, firefighters, rescue workers, building employees and reporters who were AT the scene ON 9/11: SECONDARY EXPLOSIONS from controlled demolitions:

There were secondary explosions throughout the day. 3 solid buildings collapsed. Do YOU truly believe that if 2 100 story buildings fall, that there will be NO secondary explosions? Do you have any idea what the WTC complex was or how deep it went or how large the area was?

First you admit that Flight 93 was shot down over Shanksville. But you still believe the government lies even when they haven't told the truth about ANYTHING. Why would you believe proven liars?

Now you admit there were massive secondary explosions heard throughout the day, but you insist they were normal and expected? 80 floors beneath the impact, in the basement sub-levels of the towers? First, the official explanation was that unburned fuel leaked to the bottom of the elevator shafts and ignited. When that was proven impossible, no further explanations were given. So you have no problem accepting the fact that there were massive secondary explosions (some were heard BEFORE the planes impacted) that can't be explained except for incredibly lame excuses like falling bodies?

Is there anything in the official story that's too ridiculous to believe? How can anyone be so naive and gullible, especially after being repeatedly deceived and lied to? Not by people who are trying to determine the truth. By your own government.

As Hitler said, the bigger the lie, the more people will believe it.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

wow! looks like molten stuff is pouring out of this one too! Why? cause I said so! And it looks like it.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Here is a very good photo study of the collapses where large explosions are obvious. Yes, it is from a 9/11 truth site, but try not to let the source influence what you get out of it. You can clearly see the explosions.

Link

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Kratos1220]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
145 flags in 32 hours.

Looks like the controversies over 9/11 aren't going away anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Well, more and more holes in the official story of 9/11 ( that has been changed 3x btw ) seem to come up and destroy their fairy tale.

You think they'll change it again?

Everyone is on to you, 'elites'

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Thought I'd bring up the little fact that 99.999% of the physical steel evidence was whisked away,leaving us with a pitiful handful of dust to test?.And thereby hope to steer the topic away from the posters,please.Can any of the OS believers offer a credible explanation for why all that hurry to ship and smelt?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
So, now we have "super-thermite" Wow. I knew it.

All previous theories are now obsolete.

How come you 911 truethers or whatever you call yourselves are always comming up with new theories, new explanations, new evidence, new eyewitness reports, holograms etc...etc...etc...

You guys change your story on a daily basis.

Maybe it was Professor Plum in the conservatory with the Candlestick?

Or Miss Scarlet in the hall with a lead pipe?

And yet another reason why ATS is Killing ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join