It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study claims 'highly engineered explosive' found in WTC rubbl

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
reply to post by Solomons

So why exactly isn't this being shown to the courts or start a legal battle which if this report is true proves conclusively that 9/11 was an inside job?

It doesn't. It simply proves thermite was present in the rubble of WTC, which most of us knew back since 2004.

Thermite being present in the rubble is a far cry from proving actual demolitions charges took down the towers; as much as I would like to see that proven.

You can't exactly build a case against the United States government for deliberating killing it's own civilians on circumstantial evidence.

[edit on 5/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

This is true. The presence of thermite at even all three towers only proves the extent of Bin Laden's treachery.

To insure the towers collapsed he placed thermite in all three in advance. Such evil!!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
I downloaded the pdf and reviewed it. I think maybe this is what they found, since it contains Iron Oxide and the WTC had ALOT of aluminum...

Link to red chips

go to page 23 with the conclusions that they have come to. With using an acetylene torch, and applying the flame to the red chips, they observed a piece jump away...you htink? That does not prove thermite. Sorry but nice post.

Quick, call OSHA, we work in death traps just waiting to blow up.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
This is discussed in another thread on ATS www.abovetopsecret.com...'

The fact that the red chips are flat and can be extracted with Methyl Ethyl Ketone [MEK] coupled with the before and after composition by backscatter suggest that they are paint chips.

Paint chips that possess thermitic qualities? Hurry, call OSHA, we work in death traps.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Molten rivers of metal and red paint chips thought to be thermite are TWO totally different conversations.

Whatever helps you sleep better. Try not to think about the fact that underground fires that were hot enough to create rivers of molten steel and which couldn't be extinguished for months makes a mockery of the "paint chip" theory. But I understand why you're feeling uncomfortable. It's called "cognitive dissonance", when the facts don't jibe with strongly held beliefs.

Originally posted by son of PC
The presence of thermite at even all three towers only proves the extent of Bin Laden's treachery.

To insure the towers collapsed he placed thermite in all three in advance. Such evil!!!!

Those sneaky cave-dwellers were a lot more clever than we thought. Not only did they suspend several well-known laws of physics when they brought down the WTC towers, five or six of the "suicide hijackers" survived. Maybe that's why we have to keep killing so many al-CIAduh. They're invincible!

People, think for yourselves and stop letting other people influence what you believe and who you believe in.

Couldn't agree more.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

They do not posses reactive thermitic qualities. The aluminum burns in air in a thermal analyzer.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
C'mon Griff, we all work in asbestos too...LOL...all i am saying is that this is not solid thermite hit.

Let me explain something. If there was sufficient, meaning good, evidence of thermite I would not discredit it. I would not be that blind nor ignorant. However, that has not happened. It is the same people doing the same half assed tests.

They are basing part of the findings off a test with an acetylene torch and a red chip. Now, these are scientists, right? You need a high temperature for the reaction. I mean, 4th of July sparklers will burn at over 1000 degrees, how about you light 10 boxes of those, drop in the chip and see what happens? that is about as scientific as these guys got. Why use a torch?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Griff

They do not posses reactive thermitic qualities. The aluminum burns in air in a thermal analyzer.

So, get off your but then and inform OSHA and NIST that the paint used for steel in the 60-70's is a hazard.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Stupid question perhaps, but if they are active, why don't they set them off to see if they burn up?

Do or did they have free access to the dust?

Was this sample taken from the actual site or was it given to them?

To me, and I'm just a housewife, I saw the towers coming down on 911 and said "that looks like a controlled demolition, they must have had explosives inside" when it happened.

I don't buy the "No one would have seen them doing it thing" because the govt built that whole bunker under that hotel in Virginia and they just thought they had a lot of tv cable problems. People walk by that wall everyday and don't realize there is a bunker entrance behind it. When I worked, I worked in IT and we had guys up in the ceilings and doing stuff in walls all day long. No one paid any attention to us.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Lead-based paint was prevelant in the 60's,70's and even the eighties in low income housing projects. We know that Griff. How about your honest opinion on this? I know you have one....

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The goings on of 9-11 are easier to understand as a semantic confusion. Somebody, somewhere confused "national security" with "national insanity".

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Yes, and lead based paint isn't a bomb waiting to go off either is it? Yeah, you may get sick from it, but it would not explode an entire tower down to dust would it?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

reply to post by Griff

So, get off your but then and inform OSHA and NIST that the paint used for steel in the 60-70's is a hazard.

How is it a hazard? Paint burns. "But then" they know that. The contents of the building are a much greater hazard.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
nobody on this thread read the paper.

they are NOT paint chips, and they are NOT random bits of iron, iron oxide and aluminum.

the distribution of the five (four with chain of custody) was from a WIDE radius, yet the distribution was fairly consistent.

they tested paint chips along side these super-thermite chips which IGNITE at 430˚C (quite low). the paint ships dissolve in paint thinner, the thermite chips don't. the paint melts into ash when ignited, whereas the thermite chips had a highly energetic spark, followed by an orange stream.

here is a video of the ignition experiment.

chip ignition

all the usual suspects are here 'debunking' something they haven't even read. what is this, the dark ages?

people need to read the paper before they spout their IGNORANCE as KNOWLEDGE.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by billybob]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

How is it a hazard? Paint burns. "But then" they know that. The contents of the building are a much greater hazard.

If this paint burns, how did NIST come up with their evidence of the steel temperatures? Oh, that's right from paint analysis, I forgot...silly me.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I downloaded the pdf and reviewed it. I think maybe this is what they found, since it contains Iron Oxide and the WTC had ALOT of aluminum...

Link to red chips

go to page 23 with the conclusions that they have come to. With using an acetylene torch, and applying the flame to the red chips, they observed a piece jump away...you think? That does not prove thermite. Sorry but nice post.

they also analyzed the remains of both a paint chip, and a red/gray thermite chip. the paint left ash, the thermite left iron microspheres.

once, again, READ the paper, just don't JUMP to CONCLUSIONS, people.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by billybob]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
So why exactly isn't this being shown to the courts or start a legal battle which if this report is true proves conclusively that 9/11 was an inside job?
Instead of just talking why does no one ever take action?..

I have a related question...

Why would they take down WTC 7 with a controlled demolition?

I understand the WTC thermite/false flag to start a war conspiracy, am fully aware of it. But I don't believe it. Even if true, why would WTC 7 be necessary in addition to the towers?

I am fully convinced that rocket fuel caused a fire so hot that melting debris fell from windows. To say that that was thermite-related molten metal is a claim that has no basis.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenorbs
I have a related question...

Why would they take down WTC 7 with a controlled demolition?

If I remember correctly there were a lot of financial records in WTC 7 that many were probably glad to see disappear.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
One of my MOS's in the military dealt with explosives.

Odd thing about explosives.

In an explosive situation, they explode. Oxidize.

By definition, a thermobaric explosive, or a thermite explosive, in the presence of sufficient heat, will itelf oxidize. Burn up.

You can find trace elements of oxidized explosives, and thus identify what types of explosives are used in an event. But this is not what is being described in the thread.

Simple powdered aluminum is one common element that is used in thermite oxidizers, but it creates mostly heat, not is not a greatly effective explosive.

But what do I know.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by dooper]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
WOW!

They found small particles of aluminum powder and iron oxide powder in the wreckage of the WTC towers!

Wonder how many tons of aluminum and iron were in the 2 towers?

And I wonder if their collapse could cause small particles to be created?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Simple powdered aluminum is one common element that is used in thermite oxidizers, but it creates mostly heat, not is not a greatly effective explosive.

But what do I know.

You do know what you talk about. Unfortunately these aren't "simple" powdered aluminum.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join