It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

time travel and the elements

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
can i time travel by finding some kind of element that i could use to encapsulate space, and then essentially fold them over like a piece of paper, had to repost.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Not gunna be that simple dude... you could make a machiine that uses elements to harness power to time travel but see its not like foldiing its more of a high speed machine

Scientist think we can travel forward but not backwards its kinda like a one way ticket

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

It takes the energy of a star to bend time like a pretzel. Our sun is a star. I have discovered the secret to time travel. check out this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 5-4-2009 by The Real Antichrist]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
you need a machine that can travel fast enough to bend space/time or you could find a way to harness a black hole, a black hole is an object that has all of its mass within its Schwarzschild radius, For densities that high the gravitational force overwhelms degenerate electron and degenerate neutron pressures, Beyond this there are no known pressures that could support the matter against the force of gravity. Gravity crushes all of the mass into a point, called a singularity, of infinite density, The spacetime curvature inside the Schwarzschild radius is infinite,
Anything that comes in contact with a black hole's event horizon will be sucked in, The event horizon is the boundary of a black hole at which nothing can escape.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jellyman1991
The spacetime curvature inside the Schwarzschild radius is infinite,

No, the Ricci scalar is only infinite at the singularity.

However, a black hole does seem a most unlikely way of making a time machine, even the rotating stationary spacetimes have considerable problems!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtf2000
can i time travel by finding some kind of element that i could use to encapsulate space, and then essentially fold them over like a piece of paper, had to repost.

No, you see any element you have is made up of matter and therefore contains energy and hence is already 'connected' to spacetime and will curve it accordingly. There is no way to seperate matter from spacetime- you might as well try to pick the holes out of a slice of bread.

In order to fold spacetime in the way that you describe, you must generate a wormhole- this is quite a different thing from a black hole as it is not created from gravitational collapse. However, wormholes require vast amounts of exotic matter with a negative energy density, so until that can be found we must be content to stay on terra firma.

Hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I've always thought that since time is a concept of the mind, then time can be altered by the mind.

We have past life regressions, we have reincarnation... so apparently, the past can be accessible.

Likewise, we have deja vu and visions... again, apparently the future can be accessed.

Time, just like the other three dimensions, is all around us... we are a part of this existence, so it is only natural that we exist on all four planes. We can touch and effect, and be affected by, these same dimensions.

By understanding that we are living in all three phases of time, AT THE SAME TIME, one can begin to influence one's actions in those states of time travel.

What? Living in the past-present-future at the same time? Yes... and allow me to explain simply, but with enough "hmm" to get one started.

PAST. We do it every day; it's called memory. Anything from a past life to a repressed memory happened in the past, but we are still influenced by those actions or events. Meditation, concentration, hypnosis... these are the tools, the only tools, needed to transport our consciousness back in time.

PRESENT. Does not exist. Everything we do, are doing, is gone like *that*. One can plan for a future event, but once that moment comes, it rushes past us. Forget about the notions of living in the present, it cannot and does not happen.

FUTURE. I mentioned it earlier... deja vu. What is deja vu? Sometimes, the simplest answers are the right answers; deja vu is a memory. You are remembering something as it happens not because of some cosmic or mental hiccup, but because you glimpsed a memory as it was occurring. There is no end to energy, we were, we are, we will be... everything we are will continue in one form or another, energy is transferred, never lost.

Don't think of time as a river, but rather a pond, with you at the center, the waves rippling away from you. Think of the waves as your perception of time... they move away from you, and as such, become your past. Your motions and actions are reflected in the waves... likewise, how the waves move affects what will happen to you in the future; by taking all of this in, by seeing how everything is influenced by the past and future, you can then begin to see how you can ride these waves, how to circle around to a differing wave, making that one the focus of all other past and future events.

Now, this may sound like nonsense, but there is one thing that occultists have always known about, and practice, that fits perfectly with this line of thought.

Wishcraft. You force yourself into remembering something, you remember and believe a memory THAT WILL HAPPEN. You place as much detail into that memory as you would expect to have, be specific and realistic... recall this memory and everything in it as you would a memory from the past. Let the memory take root, to the point where you know this memory is true, because you remember it.

Guess what happens.

We live in both sides of time, at the same time, because it is a concept, and idea, a mental image of what should be. It isn't like that... we have all experienced something that made us go "wow". You don't need a machine to do what you can already do.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
If nothing can escape a black hole, then how do you explain the existence of those energy jets out the other side?

I am a simple man, I match the words to the picture and then I look for Waldo!

If the words don't match the picture then I figure that you are just quoting someone else who didn't know what they were talking about either!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
If nothing can escape a black hole, then how do you explain the existence of those energy jets out the other side?

It's really very simple; if the black hole has a magnetic field or is a charged black hole then particles of opposite charge are accelerated along the field lines away from the black hole at relativistic speeds thus creating the jets we see in active galaxies- there is not contradiction here because the accelerated particles never cross the event horizon!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Wow.
Just because some person added time to the metric of xyz space
the imagination runs wild.
It sure does odd things like warp space.
Take it from Tesla like in 1932 that its all nonsense.
Of course a dear friend and benefactor John Jacob Astor
was himself a SiFi writer up until 1912 Titanic disaster,
I don't think warped space travel was a concern at that time.
Space was flat 3D for quire awhile.
Perhaps Tesla and Astor thought they were making the space
ship of the future and Tesla gave him great ideas on how the
Earth would look like a crescent from a space traveler.

Well, elements can get you into space and thats a fact.
There is nothing anyone can do with time.
The Creator set the 3D world and time in motion and it goes until it crashes.

new topics

top topics

join