It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The (potentially) greatest generation of Americans is alive today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
We citizens of the United States are living in a time in which the potential for greatness could not be higher.

The founding fathers fought to create a free nation, they were great. The brothers fighting their kinsmen to keep the nation whole in the civil war were great. The men who fought in the wars overseas to destroy ruthless dictators and oppression were great. Yet, should the men and women of America be forced to engage an abusive American government in order to reclaim freedom and constitutional rule, should they be victorious, would be the greatest generation ever.

The reason for this is technology. The individual citizens are so completely 'outgunned' by the government, it would take nearly miraculous tactics and strategy to gain control. Not only that, but the surveillance capabilities of the federal military and other federal organizations makes collaboration next to impossible. There there is the issue of internal chaos that would develop should the citizenry rise up; regular supplies, services and ways of life would be negatively affected for the long term. Clearly, this would cause conflict within the citizenry. Trust would be short term and on a case-by-case basis between people. Yet, even if the oppressive government would be removed, there is more to overcome.

Should the citizens win back the freedoms protected by the constitution, having to maintain national or even state sovereignty against opportunistic foreign nations will be an extreme challenge. Nations invested in the US will want to collect or seize territory or other assets. Should this too be overcome, then the generation who saved the constitution and protected the sovereignty of the nation would have been the greatest generation of Americans.

------

At the same time, should the people of the nation do nothing and allow the country to be take advantage of, its people abused and used by the elite in power, only to have the freedoms obtained at such significant cost eroded and the constitution regarded as a novelty, then shame on us all. We will not be worthy of the rights or freedom handed down by our ancestors. We will deserve whatever punishment we get.

-----

I say this because I believe that within the life of a child born today (quite possibly within the next decade or two,) the people of the US will be at a crossroads of freedom or bondage, from an abusive and corrupt American government; either by fate, misfortune or design.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
True patriots, this is our time to rise!

Amen + Flag!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I do wish the anger and frustration vented against the Obama Administration was the same as the Bush Administration here. While I don't fully trust President Obama, I do agree the country needs more regulation against the banking giants who ruined our economy, yet got off free.

I can't wait for Seymour Hersh' book on the Bush Administration and its many shady dealings.

It doesn't matter if they have a D or an R beside their names, as they are all answerable to Wall Street, and not us. Have you noticed how they base a President's success on Dow Jones numbers? It really has nothing to do with us common people, as those numbers are of the global corporations that run the world. If they do not like the President or his policies, they sell off some shares and the numbers go down. If the policies help the corporate elite, then the numbers go up. It has never been about us, but them. It is time for a true populist like Jesse Ventura to run for office.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I say this because I believe that within the life of a child born today (quite possibly within the next decade or two,) the people of the US will be at a crossroads of freedom or bondage, from an abusive and corrupt American government; either by fate, misfortune or design.

We are already there Wolf...

What we need is Social Capital...

North Americans no longer have the same civic mind set as did the generations of the 30's and 40's...

We worry about our next DVD, while others in 3rd world nation/states worry about their next meal or clip of ammo...

Yes, we have potential - but we always have...we just never really capital(ism)ized on it...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I don't think it is so much against a given administration as it is, IMO and many prophecies, the inevitability of government growing too large and powerful, ultimately putting those governed into some semblance of slavery. I don't know if it will all come to a head under the Obama administration or not.

It seems to me that the gain of liberty is linear while the loss of liberty is exponential. The loss of one compounds on the loss of another.

top topics

join