It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandatory Mood Rings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Found this teeny bopping tune the other day, that was reading my mind in rant, so instead of reinventing the wheel i just thought i'd share. All i have to add is that maybe we should make it mandatory for everyone to wear one... better yet as a nose ring or ear-ring, to make it easier to read the swings as they are taking place.

"Mood Rings"

we all know the girls that i am talking about
well they are time bombs and they are ticking
and the only question's when they'll blow up
and they'll blow up; we know that without a doubt
cause they're those girls, yeah you know those girls that let their emotions get the best of them

and i've contrived some sort of a plan to help my fellow man
let's get emotional girls to all wear mood rings
so we'll be tipped off to when they're ticked off
cause we'll know just what they're thinking
cause what they're thinking...

she's so pretty but she but doesn't always act that way
her mood's out swinging on the swing set almost every day
she said to me that she's so happy it's depressing
and all i said was "someone get that girl a mood ring"

if it's drama you want then look no further
they're like the real world meets boy meets world meets days of our lives
and it just kills me how they get away with murder
they'll anger you then bat their eyes; those pretty eyes that watch you sympathize

and i've contrived some sort of a plan to help my fellow man
let's get emotional girls to all wear mood rings
so we'll be tipped off to when they're ticked off
cause we'll know just what they're thinking
cause what they're thinking...

she's so pretty but she but doesn't always act that way
her mood's out swinging on the swing set almost every day
she said to me that she's so stressed out that it's soothing
and all i said was "someone get that girl a mood ring"

cause when it's black (it) means watch your back because you're probably
the last person in the world right now she wants to see
and when it's blue it means that you should call her up immediately
and ask her out because she'll most likely agree
and when it's green it simply means that she is really stressed
and when it's clear it means she's completely emotionless (and that's all right i must confess)

we all know the girls that i am talking about
she liked you wednesday but now it's friday and she has to wash her hair
and it just figures that we'll never figure them out
first she's jekyll and then she's hyde....at least she makes a lovely pair

mood ring oh mood ring
oh tell me will you bring
the key to unlock this mystery
of girls and their emotions
play it back in slow motion
so i may understand the complex infrastructure known as the female mind

[speaking:]
heh...that's terrible

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

Mood rings! How 1970s! My sister and I had one of those mood rings. I think they did work for a short while. I do not know what became of them.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Ah Reliant K....one of my favorite bands.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
You guys might think i'm over-reacting but i really think the
Mandatory Mood Ring Act could save countless lives.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c07f040fa133.jpg[/atsimg]

Note that if the gender was any other then male, this would have made the news...

but since it's "only" a man... it's funny?

Seriously... what's up with that?! :shk:

[edit on 14-4-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The All Seeing I
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c07f040fa133.jpg[/atsimg]

Shouldn't the character be facing the other direction?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Excellent point

Maybe they were going for the voodoo doll angle?

Which would further support my theory/term "bwitch"

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I would have to say turnabout is fair play. Just watch all the TV shows from the 1950s to the early 1970s and movies up until the late 1960s. Most women were treated as jokes and there are few movies and series where they were taken seriously.

Let them have their jokes about us men, as we have the thick skin to take it.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

Let them have their jokes about us men, as we have the thick skin to take it.

Thick enough to take a knife?

I understand your premise, but i noticed that a lot of this justifiable anger in the past has been passed on to two more generations removed who have really been milking the victim-bandwagon to the point that some of these women/girls are strutting around with some kind of a goddess/diva/princess complex. I'm all for women's rights, i would even consider myself a feminist but some of these pampered little bwitches need a good spanking... and i'm not talking about the good kind of spanking.

Anyone familiar with the Lifetime Movie Channel? Correct me if i'm wrong, it's been a couple years since i used to watch it regularly, but every other film on there has a damsel in distress who kills their villain/man.

And i also can't help but note, most of the women that i have known very well, exaggerate how bad their spouse is... is this part of the Drama Queen persona... playing the violin to elicit sympathy?... to be the center of attention? and where does this expectation to be worshiped come from? ... this celebration of being a prima donna? ...as an over all assessment isn't this behavior a symptom in lacking maturity and character?
(keep in mind that age is only a number)

[edit on 15-4-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Ok, umm, you guys know mood rings are just temperature sensitive plastic, right?

They are exactly the same as the themometers that you hold pressed against your forehead.

They unfortunately do not report ones mood.

Vas

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Unfortunate... yes ... i was assuming that was the case.

I just heard the song and ran with the idea of it. I suppose "Mandatory Blood Pressure Gauge" wasn't as hip in title or lyric, nor would it speak for itself.

I have an other theory, that the monthly PMS gives many women a carte blanche to be irrational hypersensitives whenever it serves their infantile wants/needs (ego).

What do you guys think?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Forward the following to all your lady colleagues/friends/family,
it may just save someones life, job, marriage and/or sanity
:

PMS Survival Kit (Innocent Bystander edition)

As soon as you sense that you are descending into that hormone-fueled fog, GRAB THIS LIST AND CAGE THE BEAST.

1. First, and this is very important for your future happiness, avoid anyone who does not love you unconditionally

2. Even if they DO love you unconditionally, avoid anyone who has previously hinted that they think you ought to be committed to some form of institution

3. If you are struck down at work, avoid interaction with your boss and coworkers. Try to dull your senses with loud Pandora music. Chew gum. Pretend you have something contagious.

4. If your time is your own, and it seems that playing competitive games would take your mind off your troubles, be careful to only play opponents far inferior to your skills. This should provide some protection against broken electronics and/or furniture.

5. Remember, if someone’s odor or appearance offends you, that does not give you the right to punch them. Wait till they say something that could reasonably be construed as a threat or insult.

6. Alcohol will probably just make things worse.

7. It is for these moments that the sensible woman keeps a chocolate stash. Be sure to maintain this stash in times of peace and harmony, but don’t fool yourself into thinking it is safe to buy unknown brands. Low-quality chocolate is a dangerous drug, and could just add to the hormone-induced rage. High quality and gooeyness are good factors to look for in creating your stash.

8. Go to the gym. You know you should anyway.

9. If you can’t make yourself go to the gym, consider sleeping the whole thing off. There is no shame in hibernation, but I would advise telling others that you have a headache (bringing up homicidal urges and demon possession will make people keep talking to you, which never ends well).

10. There is likewise no shame in crying, though it is best pursued as a solitary release. If you must cry, be sure to stick your face in cold water afterwards. Otherwise, you WILL look ridiculous and lumpy-faced tomorrow. It’s no good persuading yourself that you will look wan and heroic, because you won’t. You’ll have to explain to your coworkers that you watched a sad movie and cried, and admitting that it was Hot Rod will not advance your career one little bit.

11. Wow, it would be really great if you had a loving, furry pet right now, wouldn’t it? Try visualizing it. Or go to CuteOverload. Do it.

12. Come on now, how would your grandma feel if she saw you acting like this? Snap out of it!

13. Exorcism is probably not the answer, but who am I to judge?

I’m attaching two useful resources that I’ve created:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/72af7764e376.jpg[/atsimg]

source: wanderingclacla.wordpress.com...

[edit on 22-4-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Well, on the flip side, all men should be forced to wear hearing aides, even if they don't have a hearing problem!

If men would only LISTEN, there would be no reason for women to wear mood rings!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

With all do respect to you and all women-kind. I am afraid to inform you that there is a very valid reason for our deafness... we can handle only so much nagging, whining and bwitching about nothing. When people talk about "domestic abuse" they never make note of the verbal/emotional abuse that many men are forced to endure and since the over all perception is that we are made of steel, we also have to brave the physical abuse in silence. Before i got married i always assumed the man was at fault, until i had to experience the complete mind-F myself. Quite a few of my friends have had the same experience or i should say still are enduring the real life hell of what could be most accurately described as "emotional terrorism/bondage". Some women are real shedevils, with no exaggeration of the term.

And i'm not talking about your average meat and potato belching self-absorb simpleton male chauvinist, i generally don't socialize with such neanderthals... the men i'm referring to, i would classify as introspective metrosexuals who are in touch with their feels and are emotionally-assessable/available.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by The All Seeing I]

new topics

top topics

join