It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So many power trios, so little time.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
When you're talking about trios, you've got to start with the first. Extremely influential on music after them. Buddy Holley and the Crickets:

Yeah seems tame now but in the mid-late 50's that was OUT THERE!

There's no forgiveness when there's only 3 bandmates. It's got to be solid.

There have been many since. Good ones. AWESOME ones. Lousy ones(we'll forget them).

Here's a "good" Canadian trio. Triumph:

When you're talking metal, there's only one trio(good category). The first one. Motorhead:

They were on Letterman and after they played he said, "Don't do that again." Too loud for him.

Then there's a time that a few excellent musicians(writers) get together. Nirvana(Awesome category):

Awesome category again. Green Day:

Second one because they deserve it:

Their new release is coming out in May. How do you follow up American Idiot(AI)? It'll probably be good but many will pan it because AI was so damn good.

Awesome category #1. IMO the best 3 piece band that has been assembled. Rush:

Second one again, because they deserve it too:

Add your 3 piece band.
or
mine.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I thought for a second you would not include Rush. I got impatient and had to skip to the end just to make sure, lol.

You pretty much covered my favs. I listened to a band call "The Alkaline Trio" today and they are pretty solid for sure. Very low budget but crafty songwriters. Here is thier page

Another solid trio would be Chevelle They have been around long before they got popular. Have seen them live, and they pull it off.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
No one mentioned Bruce/Lordan/Trower(BLT) or Beck/Bogert/Appice the first one being a much overlooked power trio.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Los Lonely boys aren't really a power trio but they make some fine music.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by whaaa]

top topics

join