It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Americans Don't Push For it, There Will Be No Accountability for Bush's Crimes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

If Americans Don't Push For it, There Will Be No Accountability for Bush's Crimes

I apologize if any of you have trouble with the link, as I did (the default BB-code format for Breaking News posts didn't work for me, so I placed the url in this code box):

www.alternet.org...

Sen. Patrick Leahy has attempted to form a "truth commission" to begin investigating the crimes of the Bush administration. He can't do it alone. - On March 30, Senator Patrick Leahy gave five Vermonters a half hour of his time. We were: Martha Hennessy, a peace activist from Weathersfield, John Nirenberg, a Brattleboro man who walked from Boston to Washington D.C. in 2007 to call for impeachment, Charlotte Dennett from Cambridge, who ran for Attorney General in Vermont in 2008 on a pledge to prosecute Bush, Kurt Daims, the author of the Brattleboro indictment resolution passed in 2008 and Dan DeWalt of Newfane, who has been active promoting impeachment and accountability. We were there to discuss the Senator's idea for a “truth commission” to investigate criminality by the Bush/Cheney administration, and our ideas about why only prosecutions of the culpable will give us a chance to prevent a recurrence of these crimes and abuses of the Constitution.

America, due to Bush/Cheney policy, has added torture to our standard operating procedure, even if it is now held in abeyance by the Obama administration. That morally reprehensible act, while now out of favor, is essentially legal and Constitutional because no Congressional objection has been made and no one has been held accountable.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It's been pointed out that we are a nation with a well established judicial-system. It should be used as it was intended to be, or the people of this country will continue to be estranged from the Congress and our ideals. Don't be surprised if any of them actually care what the majority of Americans desire, anyway.

Commissions tend to be viewed as inadequate when it comes to fully understanding events and their origins.

“We come here not out of anger," DeWalt said – and Leahy interrupted by saying, "I don’t blame you if you are angry" – “but out of concern for the future of our country. We are deeply concerned about dangers to our democracy, with the trend going to executive power and damaging our constitution. We are a nation of laws. If we have a system of justice, why not let it take its course? It seems to many Americans that the rich and powerful don’t have the same system of justice, and they’re getting away with torture, murder, fraud, and Ponzi schemes.”

This contrasts with the plight of poor folks and the oppressed people, who are constantly paying the price of a failing system & the rise of the occult-world government.

www.alternet.org...

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The people stuck in the machine no longer care about Bush or his crimes. They've all but forgotten about him completely. Right now they're either loving or hating Obama and waiting to see what this "economic crysis" turns into.

Plus, these people (TPTB) are completely untochable anyways. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING we can do to get in the way of their agenda. The control is already in place and the sheeple are the ones stripping themselves of their own liberties. This is exactly what they want. The ONLY thing the awakened can possibly do is just watch it happen wishing they never woke up in the first place. Ignorance is bliss.

S+F for the info.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by M0n0lyth]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by M0n0lyth

Don't give up! Ron Paul will save us! or He'll use our donations & build an masonic-empire.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Bush??? Hell why stop there? Why not throw all of congress, and even Barry O in the fold?

Good Bye America... I wish I had the opportunity to have lived in the "real" America... I guess that died out long ago...

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Fox News]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Good grief, are the delusionals still peddling this crap.

Listen, read this very slowly.

Bush is gone, we have much more important things to deal with.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
@retseh

Thank you so very very much for proving my point.

This is my second line. And here is a dumbfounded smiley

[edit on 5-4-2009 by M0n0lyth]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Didnt you get the memo? According the rightwingers here Bush was "treated unfairly" by everybody including the big bad media over the last 8years, the Iraq war was consistutitional... oh wait isnt it now Obamas war? Its his fault? Oh yes and apparently the entire economic crises has nothing to do with Bush and his fellow conservatives.... apparently its "clintons fault" for passing the "housing capital gains tax cut" though a republican majority house.... yes and that the first six years of the Bush administration was just swell.... and also that the crises was completely brought about by the Democratic congress.... only folks here dont know why or what the congress exactly did... and that Bush was voted in by liberals becaus he is a liberal....

Look there is a long list of excuses regarding Bush on here, and most conspiracy theorists are conservatives on here... You wont get any accountability here regarding Bush... only talk that "he got it harder than Obama"

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Southern Guardian]

top topics

join