It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upside down world.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
www.atu.edu...

The eye functions on much the same principle as a camera. The cornea has the effect of a glass lens and represents the foremost lens of the camera. When the cornea sees the image of an object, it does the focusing work. This image is then sent to the pupil that represents the aperture of the camera. This image is focused further by the lens inside the eye that represents the remaining lenses which are incorporated into camera lens. This focused image at this time is upside down. Finally, this reverse image is transmitted to the brain for processing by the retina, which resembles the film inside a camera.

Now gravity hold's you down right?
But our down is in all reality our up...

BASICALLY you right now you are going to reply to this thread...in reality..you are what appears to be on the ceiling....
Our eye's flip the image...So Gravity is holding us UP against the earth..not DOWN to it.

I am no scientist here but if everything is flipped upside down..our brain get's the image's flipped from what they really are...

airplane's are really flying on there belly's .
Car's are driving on road's upside down... but it look's to us normal.

And the clock at 3am is also flipped to be 9am ect.ect.

I pour my cup of coffee in the cup...i am pouring up not down...

What you see as the top of the moon in reality it is the bottom of the moon.
Same with the earth.

The south pole is really the north pole...
Because our eye's flip the image.

Either way it's almost twilight zoneish to me lol

We all learned this is school i know...But still Ufo are flying upside down lol

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It's all relative.

If i'm not mistaken, I believe the eye flips it twice, so it is, as is perceived?

[edit on 4-4-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
"Finally, this reverse image is transmitted to the brain for processing by the retina, which resembles the film inside a camera."

Durring this "processing" phase the image is reorientated as it should appear. Up and down are nothing but directions created by gravity. They have nothing to do with the process of actual vision. The bottom of your field of view will always be the bottom of what you see. Same goes for the top, etc.. If planes were to fall into space I could see your point but as it stands now you appear to be mixing two subjects that have nothing to do with eachother.

My 2c

new topics

join