It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the Important Issues, really?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
So I've lurked around for a while. I actually discovered this site years ago, as you can tell from my join date, but I've never posted.

But here's something that's been on my mind for a while now.
I see all these threads about how the SHTF and the NWO and Fema camps and what have you, and then I see comments like "oh, these people are sheep. they're asleep. they deserve what they get" and I think, really?

I think, if all of these conspiracies were 100% true, and there are PTB with this much power, is there that much we can do?
With the amount of power that the illuminati/international bankers/nwo or whatever you call it, what is there to do?

Moreover than that, when people get into frenzies about, oh we've gotta do something about this evil NWO entity, as important as that may be, somehow I've managed to find things that hold much more priority over that.
Yeah, it may sound ignorant, or apathetic, or lazy to you, but realistically, everyone has a lot of things to worry about.

Like me personally, I'm from a middle-class family, a freshman in college, paying 22 grand a year, worrying about what I'm going to do after school, finding a job, all of that.
To me, finishing the term paper I have due next week, somehow takes priority over fighting the NWO. One of the reasons being that, really what else can I do?

Threads about how the education system sucks, and how we should reset it, and all of that are fine and all, but as of now, yeah, we have to do well on our SATs, we have to get good grades, etc.etc.

I meant for this to be more coherent, but hopefully you get what I'm saying.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Star and Flag.

Want to see what people have to say about this thread.

I have no advice for you buddy......

Regrettably.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
22 grand a year? Now that to me seems like a really big issue. Uh, you can find a quality education cheaper than that, I believe. It's not so much about how good the professors are, it's more about how well you educate yourself. After all, they only introduce you to subjects. There's more to seek outt than their words.

I got a quality education about 10 years ago and it cost only about 2300 dollars a year. But I took it upon myself to educate myself, not just to listen and believe all the profs said. And, yes, I did challenge the profs when I saw what they didn't. My grades didn't suffer because I could back up my challenges.

22 grand and you're middle class? I guess I am lost on this. To me this sounds rich. Just plain rich.

As for me, currently, the most important thing in my life is will the damn rain stop long enough for me to finish plowing the garden and be able to plant the spring vegetables. Oh, and damn it, will my wife finally give in and we can both marry that cute blonde 19 year old girl down the road, who needs so much, my guidance.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Actually, I go to a UC (university of calfornia) and all of them cost that much. Maybe I should have added a little context. I do have scholarships and student loans and all of that too. I'm nowhere near wealthy. Trust me.
but tuition, housing, all of that is expensive. although compared to some private colleges, (stanford, usc, etc) it's not that bad.

Yeah, I don't want to get into the whole, "don't listen to the hivemind, don't swallow the prof's BS". Yeah. I get all of that. For the most part, I'm just trying to get a good grade.

Yeah.
Thanks Republican08.
That's pretty much what I figured. There's not much we can do. Which is why all this fearmongering I barely take with a grain of salt.

Like it was interesting at first, but it gets annoying with everyone going on and on about how they're going to use their camping skills when the so called "SHTF". Or talking about, stock up on food! Stock up on gold! Silver!
Whatever.
I've got homework to finish. I don't have time for that.

This seems like sort of a pointless thread now. Just reaffirming what I've noticed.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ErikofSpades

You're a college student, and that's okay. I know the world around you doesn't really matter right now because you have another entire focal point that is drawing your attention. You haven't entered the "real world" yet at all. I don't say that to be inflammatory or anything, but what's going on globally is probably not interesting to you at all right now because of your mindset. I mean, right now, what's more important to you, that term paper that has a 3 say deadline or that newspaper article where the g-20 are talking about a global currency? Hmmm, decisions, decisions! Well, whatever the g-20 does ain't gonna affect the outcome of your paper, so you turn your focal point to that. I applaud you for your will to better your education that will lead to a good job, but it'll be "when" you're out there busting your hump like we all have done one time or another before that question bell starts going off in your head. Mine went off when I was only 14 years old, but hey, that's me. We are all different, but when you begin raising your family(if that's one of your goals), society's gonna change real quick. This globalism stuff is really deep, with a lotta roads spurring off into many directions which makes it hard to keep up with at times. Researching it is not an easy endeavor at all, and if you don't think you're ready to take it by the horns so to speak, I'd advise you to stay away from it. What you're gonna find will change the way you think forever when you see the bigger plan that is in store for mankind by these global minions. Studying the nwo is painstakingly slow, and ya gotta be patient as to avoid being duped by disinformative data. BUt if you want to really study the nwo, and how it works, may I suggest that you start with things that are more up to date like organizations like these
NAC, AIPAC, Tavistock Institute, Brookings Institute, MIT, Council On Foreign Relations, Tri-latteral Commission, The Bilderbergs, Dept Of Mid-eastern Affairs, and anything you can find on the global banking systems and the "house of rothschild". That alone will keep you reading for at least 2-5 years.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Just tonight I had the idea of starting an un-college that would begin to unravel the effects of the foundations on our brainwashing.
Get out of school!

Go to Peru and find a mate and grow corn and be human.

new topics

top topics

join