It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The question that flummoxed the great orator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This piece from the Guardian cracked me up. Please read it from the link for the full effect.

Barack Obama, the World's Greatest Orator (â„¢all news organisations), didn't exactly cover himself in glory when the BBC's political editor Nick Robinson asked him a question about who was to blame for the financial crisis. Normally word perfect, Obama ummed, ahed and waffled for the best part of two and a half minutes. Here, John Crace decodes what he was really thinking ...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Should of stuck with the tele-prompter and not attempted to field questions.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Did his teleprompter malfunction?

In all seriousness, are you surprised? Either A: he doesn't know or B: he does know but can't say because his handlers have have him on too short a leash. My money is on the latter.

TheAssociate

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Gee, I'd like to think he does know. Your comment about his handlers having him on a short leash sounds very plausible. Honestly, he isn't going to incriminate those he's bailing out or the TPTB. He looks so strained when he speaks. It seems to me that he's demeanor is almost one of fear when he speaks. It is as if he is concerned about taking a bullet if he says the wrong thing.

On the other hand, after reading this piece I thought: "Man, he's beginning to sound like Dubya."

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I keep saying obama would be a rubbish lawyer.

He cannot think on his feet at all, and is just acting a role in society.

top topics

join