It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'll Have A "Draught Dodger!"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
I hope someday an American recognizes her for the deserter she is, and doles out the proper justice in such a case.

And this is one of the reasons why I shopped around when I bought my car to make sure next to zero of it was made in or profited anyone in Canada. I bought a Toyota built in Kentucky.

She did the right thing. No justice from men will make me change my mind on this matter.
And as far as cars are concerned, i really don't care for i don't drive!

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
And this is one of the reasons why I shopped around when I bought my car to make sure next to zero of it was made in or profited anyone in Canada.

Well this Canadian shares your point of view. Sorry, can't help with the small mindedness that you are apparently burdened with.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well the Iraqi women and children being slaughtered never signed up for this! www.nogw.com...

[edit on 4-4-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HulaAnglers
Well the Iraqi women and children being slaughtered never signed up for this! www.nogw.com...

[edit on 4-4-2009 by HulaAnglers]

What's your point? Rivera did. Did she think that the time she spent on the firing range was for her to improve her games at the local fair?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
It's an illegal war, and soldiers don't get to check their consciences at the door when they join the military.

"I was just obeying orders" is never an excuse in war crimes prosecutions.

It is fairly unlikely that the US will ever be prosecuted for its invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan (though one shouldn't give up hope) but even so, no soldier has to serve in an illegal war.

The better Canadian citizens (i.e. everyone apart from the Conservatives) are doing the right thing.

Although the point about "draft dodgers" is well made. As yet, there's no compulsory military service.

It is the case, however, that those who speak out against the war are persecuted when they go back. That makes them eligible for refugee status, I think.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join