It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Topic Item!! This would be VERY HANDY!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
Right on... Bring back pics.

See you later in Chat if you return.

Mr. M

If I return? What does that mean?!!

What I'm going to need is a telescopic zoom lens for my camera, though. Should be able to rent or borrow one, right. These are just some details that will have to be worked out.

DC

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I mean if you return to ATS, not return period!!!

Come on now...

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
mOjOm, I would like to volunteer for an administrative position assisting you in your efforts concerning the application of this new thread. I would really enjoy doing this. Please let me know if I am accepted for the job. Thanks.

Mr. M

I will certainly consider you for part of 'The Crew' when the time comes for a crew to be formed. As far as an 'Administrative' position, we'll just have to wait and see I guess. I really don't see much need for a Structured Management System or anything as complicated as that at the moment, but perhaps it will present itself as things develop. So far I don't see it being any more complicated than a small group of 'Data Compilers' (myself included) with the addition of maybe 'Thread Moderator' appointed to me so that ATS Staff know who to go to should the thread need attention.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
In that case, I would like to volunteer for a position moderating/reviewing the Military/Government Projects and Military/Government Facilities forums.

As you know, I'm sure, I have a great deal of knowledge concerning these topics, and have a very large amount of resources at my disposal.

Mr. M

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by StarChild]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
We should appoint "moderators" (not in the same aspect as Board Moderators) to review information contained within their assigned forums. This would increase the effectiveness of the system, while not putting to much on anyone's shoulders. The workload would be evenly spread...

As stated above, I would like to volunteer to "moderate" the above mentioned topics.

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I have an idea - let's all become moderators.

No offense, but they seem to be springing up everywhere. It's kind of hard to take it seriously.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I once saw in here somewhere that the quickist way not to become a mod is to ask to become one..

Starchild, wipe that brown off of your nose.. *lol*

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Before posting a topic, I search for it using the search feature, but sometimes it doesn't work. For example, I recently made a post about the ID Sniper rifle. I did several searches, turning up nothing, so I thought this hadn't been covered. After writing about it and posting to the forum, it turned out it HAD been covered, making me feel like I wasted precious space on this site. I think if the search feature were somehow improved, and people made a practice of actually looking to see if their topic has been previously covered, then this could function as a close substitute to having a "Final Say" section/topic thread.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Nope, the Utah crew is being assembled as we type. Our first order of business: Coffee.

And the Oregon crew is preparing as we speak ...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Pisky, you never cease to cause me to have to go pants shopping! What's the cat's name?

DC

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I once saw in here somewhere that the quickist way not to become a mod is to ask to become one..

Starchild, wipe that brown off of your nose.. *lol*

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by elevatedone]

Whatever, man. I am trying to assist by providing this forum with my extensive knowledge and resources, and my ability to determine accurate information from disinformation by utilizing the above. There is nothing else to it. Brownnosing is definitely out of the question...

Personally, I took offense to your statement above. I hope you weren't serious...

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
After discussion with the staff, as I began to fear myself, this is becoming a less optimal idea than it would seem on the surface. Creating an "officially sanctioned list" of debunked conspiracies could turn into a conspiracy all by itself. Instead, an alternative would be to expand what seems to be the exceptional idea of Forum Subject Matter Experts, into a program for all forums. The FSME's job is to serve as the librarian of a given forum. So, when a new thread arrives on an already covered topic, or a slightly different angle on old topic appears, the FSME can help point out the previous discussions more efficiently than moderators (because they are experts in the subject). This way, we can gently guide users to a conclusion that some of these concepts have been debunked, rather than be so bold as to create a list of the debunked.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
If a new forum is created for this idea I would be glad to help you keep control of the forum m0j0m. I hope you consider me m0j0m. It sounds like a great idea for a new forum.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Possibly SO, if a voting mecha is installed on that category, it may allow the members to vote on it once.

This may help one who is browsing, to determine if the 'populace' believes that the debunk is real or foax.

One vote per member per topic posted, and cumulatively will provide a measure of how the members feel about the denied status.

This way if a particular thread has a low score, it would indicate that more discussion should be condoned, and if it has a high score, the reality of the truth will suggest that making another post in opposition, would likely be frowned upon.

Could be used to dampen the 'why did you delete my thread' posts (IE-911)

Just some thoughts, as you know the repeat threads will occur anyways, but a public record of how the topic overall results may be a way for mods to refer to particular members.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I've been hoping for something like this. I'm interested in finding out what's generally accepted on these boards, and that sounds like a perfect source for such information.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If I can be of any assistance, just say the word.
After all, I worked in a mjor metropolitan library for ** years

The Michigan crew needs chocolate, not coffee.

Pisky~~thank you darling. You always say neat things. Your wife is a lucky woman

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

Originally posted by Pisky

Pisky, you never cease to cause me to have to go pants shopping! What's the cat's name?

DC

You'll have to read the next chapter of Pisky's ATS story to find out

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Just an FYI for anyone who wants to help organize this material or whatever that involves the creation of this idea. This No Longer has anything to do with me or with me choosing it's Crew. So for all those wanting to help or moderate such and such thread, contact ATS Staff from here on please.

The idea I had wasn't the same idea as what this is or seems to be developing into in various ways. Not that these changes or ideas are bad or anything, they are simply not what I had invisioned originally. I still hope that this idea does make it, in whatever form or function it happens, and that it will help organize ATS as well as help others to 'Deny Ignorance!'

top topics

<< 1   >>

join