It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Parallel Universes

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
not quite sure whats going on above me... but I had a question related to an example shown in the video with michio kaku. A man whos name i cant recall used the refraction of focused light in a glass object to equate to a particle existing in two or more places in the same moment. I was wondering if my understanding of how that process works was off or something?
Light being either wave or particle in an amount varied by the intensity of the instrument used to create the beam would in fact have more "things" within it to be split or Refracted to multiple sections.
I saw this as an odd example to think true to the argument of us humans being able to wield such powers. Light is just like any other medium of concentrated particles of similar kinds that arent alive, they can obviously split and continue on albeit dimmer as with the other kinds of molecules, less volume. Maybe i missed something?

Link

[edit on 7-4-2009 by asafum08]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Wow,this is an interesting thread man!,ill take level one theory,i mean,what are all those other terrestrial planets out there for,right?man if i could live longer to see the day we space travel to other stars.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
reply to post by Boredinjail

make a phsyical universe that gives rise to a bieng that has no clue what so ever why they are there who has the caperbilty to do the same as you

; ) in short LOL

made in is own image hehe

that part was not a lie in the bible me thinks

[edit on 6-4-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

Thanks for the clear answer.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
My apologies for not being able to participate in this tread as much or as often as I would like to. I've just finished reading an article about slowing light down. Source

This was back in 1999 and the managed to slow light down by twenty million times. Now fast forward to 2007 and the same team is able to entirely stop a beam of light transport it in this solidified state and re-release it at will.
Source

All in all, I think we've still got a fair way to go in understanding the nature of what we think is the Universe.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I believe in parallel universes. I believe all the knowledge there is and ever will be is in them. When we sleep and dream I believe we experience these other dimensions and are merely anchored to the one we're in by our physical bodies. When we think and create, we somehow take from what is out there in those dimensions and bring it here to ours. Knowledge, like the universe and energy is neither created nor destroyed but always is. When we rethink the past, we are there, even though not physically. When we envision the future, we are there (in one of the possible futures). Another thought is this.. There is no way to know if when we fall asleep it is only to wake up in another universe almost exactly like the one we were in. That one of the needs for sleep may be in order to continue to move through time and dimension.

On the CERN or LHC that will soon be doing it's thing. John Titor, a much talked about time traveler said that we would discover the use of controlled mini black holes in order to time travel etc. We shall see soon.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I dont know who this john tritor fellow is???

But i will agree we do infact time travel using our minds in some ways as thoughts.. how to we use that to transport ones sefl tho is another matter parond the pun

all imput is great.. thats why i like this thread

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

That would be John Titor. There are some threads on the ATS about him as well as something on the "coast to coast" broadcast as discussed on Youtube. In fact Youtube actually has quite a bit on him. He talked about CERN before it was known in the media.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Good post,starred.

So when you make bad choices, then you are going to lead down a path that results in bad things. If you steal from people, then you are going to go down a path that reflects that. If you make good choices, then you lead down other paths. Meet a person, rob them and end up in worse places, make a friend with them and you end up in better places. And this is where people like Jesus and such come in, and why he talks about a path. Because your actions and what you do are going to lead you down a path that leads to either good or bad things.

This sounds very similar to event strings.Event strings are not some physical "string" like in string theory.Rather they are a series of cause and effects in a building pattern that lead to an outcome.They can be simple or complex(involving many people on a major level),it is a way to look at the non-linear form of time in a readable and analytical way.The culmination of these form casual energy points in which a infinite number of possible realities is reduced to a few at this point.This will lead to a constant on the timeline(ie,history).I hope I explained that right,it is kinda difficult.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

You asked : Quick question, what is the speed of light at the event horizon of a black hole?

Ans : The speed of light is the same as always ; c

For an observer away from the black hole, this light traveling at c , has red-shifted so much that its wavelength is now infinite. Some people would take this to mean that light hasn't moved past the horizon, because a wave of infinite wavelength is nothing !

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattMulder
... However, can't one of those theories be wrong, and, therefore, making all of the others collapse in a chain-reaction of cosmic proportions?

Exactly. That was the point I was jovially trying to make in my earlier post.

The late Dewey B Larson, an engineer by trade and the originator of the Reciprocal System of Theory, has much to say about this in his "A case against the nuclear atom", in which he makes some excellent points regarding the history of science and how we've come to some theories/beliefs.
www.reciprocalsystem.com...

Collected works of D. B. Larson
www.reciprocalsystem.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Here is some more information on the four universe types from cosmologist Max Tegmark(MIT).

Tegmark's classification
Cosmologist Max Tegmark has provided a taxonomy of universes beyond the familiar observable universe. The levels according to Tegmark's classification are briefly described below.

Level I: Beyond our cosmological horizon
A generic prediction of cosmic inflation is an infinite ergodic universe, which, being infinite, must contain Hubble volumes realizing all initial conditions.

An infinite universe should contain an infinite number of Hubble volumes. All will have the same physical laws and physical constants. However, almost all will be different from our Hubble volume regarding configurations such as how matter is distributed in the volume. But since there are an infinite number of such volumes, then some of these will be very similar or even identical to our own. Thus, far beyond our cosmological horizon, there will eventually be a Hubble volume identical to our own. Tegmark estimates that such an identical volume should be about 10118 meters away.

Level II: Universes with different physical constants

"Bubble universes", every disk is a bubble universe (Universe 1 to Universe 6 are different bubbles, they have physical constants that are different from our universe), our universe is just one of the bubbles.In the chaotic inflation theory, a variant of the cosmic inflation theory, the multiverse as a whole is stretching and will continue doing so forever, but some regions of space stop stretching and form distinct bubbles, like gas pockets in a loaf of rising bread. There exists an infinite number of such bubbles which are embryonic level I universes of infinite size. Different bubbles may experience different spontaneous symmetry breaking resulting in different properties such as different physical constants.

This level also include John Archibald Wheeler's oscillatory universe theory and Lee Smolin's fecund universes theory.

Level III: Many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics
Hugh Everett's many-worlds interpretation (MWI) is one of several mainstream interpretation of quantum mechanics. In brief, one aspect of quantum mechanics is that certain observations cannot be predicted absolutely. Instead, there is range of possible observations each with a different probability. According to the MWI, each of these possible observations correspond to a different universe. Suppose a die is thrown that contains 6 sides and that the result correspond to a quantum mechanics observable. All 6 possible ways the die can fall correspond to 6 different universes. (More correctly, in MWI there is only a single universe but after the "split" into "many worlds" these cannot in general interact.)

Tegmark argues that a level III multiverse does not contain more possibilities in the Hubble volume than a level I-II multiverse. In effect, all the different "worlds" created by "splits" in a level III multiverse with the same physical constants can be found in some Hubble volume in a level I multiverse. Tegmark writes that "The only difference between Level I and Level III is where your doppelgängers reside. In Level I they live elsewhere in good old three-dimensional space. In Level III they live on another quantum branch in infinite-dimensional Hilbert space." Similarly, all level II bubble universes with different physical constants can in effect be found as "worlds" created by "splits" at the moment of spontaneous symmetry breaking in a level III multiverse.

Level IV: Ultimate Ensemble
The Ultimate Ensemble hypothesis of Tegmark himself. This level considers equally real all universes that can be defined by mathematical structures. This also including those having physical laws different from our observable universe. Tegmark writes that "abstract mathematics is so general that any TOE that is definable in purely formal terms (independent of vague human terminology) is also a mathematical structure. For instance, a TOE involving a set of different types of entities (denoted by words, say) and relations between them (denoted by additional words) is nothing but what mathematicians call a set-theoretical model, and one can generally find a formal system that it is a model of." He argues this "it implies that any conceivable parallel universe theory can be described at Level IV" and "it subsumes all other ensembles, therefore brings closure to the hierarchy of multiverses, and there cannot be say a Level V."

Jürgen Schmidhuber, however, says the "set of mathematical structures" is not even well-defined, and admits only universe representations describable by constructive mathematics, that is, computer programs. He explicitly includes universe representations describable by non-halting programs whose output bits converge after finite time, although the convergence time itself may not be predictable by a halting program, due to Kurt Gödel's limitations.[9][10][11] He also explicitly discusses the more restricted ensemble of quickly computable universes.

Here is a link to a picture that will help in understanding.
wikipedia.org

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I'm sure parallel universes do exist, but it is just a question of energy vibration levels : you have matter/mass like our bodies, and if you believe in life after death there must be another energy level in which those
" spirits " live and have further evolution. Here I have 3 links that speak about life after death, as you can read and understand from those testimonies, those " spirits " do live in another realm, another energy vibration, it's fascinating of course. So there must be lots of parallel universes, existing next to one each other but all is entangled of course. We do not see those universes, but sometimes we feel things that are out of " our " reality. All is interconnected and it is all about positiv and or negativ energy. So much we still have to learn, so much to know, but all so fascinating. metgat.gaia.com...

www.deathwithoutfear.com...

www.angelfire.com...

I'm sure UFO's are also from another energy level, in a parallel universe but very next to ours, just have possiblility to materialise, to get into our vibration level .... think also about " aura's " and kirlian photography, about contact from behind death, etc etc.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I was thinking about the postulate that when you think something(like imagination or thinking of certain outcomes to an event in your life more specifically) it becomes a parallel universe.Well maybe this is why it always seems that if you think 'positive thoughts and outcomes' they usually happen to some degree,while if you think 'negative' they usually happen to some degree.This could attributed to quantum flux and what is happening is all those thoughts you are thinking are affecting your realities probable outcome due to the number of other like outcomes you have created.Did that make sense,I hope so lol.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by asafum08
I saw this as an odd example to think true to the argument of us humans being able to wield such powers. Light is just like any other medium of concentrated particles of similar kinds that arent alive, they can obviously split and continue on albeit dimmer as with the other kinds of molecules, less volume. Maybe i missed something?

Link

There are so many diverse theories addressing the same subject and that means all of them except one are hopelessly wrong -- providing that at least one of them is actually correct, right? But according to the demonstration of electrons being on different places at the same time, an analogy tells us that all those different theories maybe correct at the same time. That extended, 1 + 1 = 2 and 1 + 1 = 3 maybe both right.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
i think the multi-verse aspect is more logical because if we have a
parrellel universe, then theoretically that universe would have its own parrallel universe and many others parrellel to it, the cosmic inflation theory states 'the multiverse as a whole is stretching and will continue doing so forever'.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jellyman1991

My question is what created the 'bulk' or 'hyperspace' that the multiverse exists in.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
On the subject of "hyperspace" I think it's basically the "Astral Plane". Or as I think of it "The Place between places". Sorry random tangent.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Could you explain more please?Also I have added you as a friend BTW.Hyperspace as an astral plane?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

It fits into my larger view as to what I think the nature of existance is. It is my opinion that "hyperspace" or the "astral plane" or the spaces between the realities are where we go when we dream and where we go when we die. Taking into account the power conciousness seems to have in just our reality alone. My views are rather complex and I assure you do all tie in. I could sent a u2u at a later date if you wish as this thread isn't about me.

And thanks for the friending I friended you as well.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I too have a TOE,I want to hear your theory,so u2u me or start a thread,I am anxious to share ideas.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join