It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Parallel Universes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

One can even set up quite ridiculous cases. A cat is penned up in a steel chamber, along with the following device (which must be secured against direct interference by the cat): in a Geiger counter there is a tiny bit of radioactive substance, so small, that perhaps in the course of the hour one of the atoms decays, but also, with equal probability, perhaps none; if it happens, the counter tube discharges and through a relay releases a hammer which shatters a small flask of hydrocyanic acid. If one has left this entire system to itself for an hour, one would say that the cat still lives if meanwhile no atom has decayed. The psi-function of the entire system would express this by having in it the living and dead cat (pardon the expression) mixed or smeared out in equal parts.

What if the atomic world is just another resolution of causality. The atom will only decay if the proper mechanistic conditions are met. Just because we dont understand the causal mechanics of our reality does not mean it is split into infinite parallel versions.

The cat does not exist in both states. Ignorance does not prove randomness.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by james2009
Interesting post and i appreciate the time you took to write that out. However something is bugging me, I myself being catholic and believe in the bible and god etc only believe that there is only ONE UNIVERSE and ONE of us. Whats bugging me is.. if there is life after death, and IF there is parallel universes, that would mean that if we died, we would get to meet our parallel self's? am i right? or am i wrong? and if that's the case then how can there be more then one of our "souls" . Would that mean our memory's off all the infinite lives we have lived would join? and we would become one with all of our "old selves" in the parallel lives we have lived? haha.
Remember this is only if there is such a thing as life after death... and i know that these are thoerys we are talking about.. so i I hope you understand what im getting at! Can someone give some input?

You could fix it by saying something like, "the soul in itself is like a galaxy each piece of the soul experiencing something different in order to increase the knowledge and understanding of itself at a greater rate than if just experiencing one thing at a time. We see multiple colors at any one time like the soul will see multiple probabilities and multiple results from each action taken in each probability. After all the world would be pretty bland if all we saw was one shade of blue and in fact would only be blue. If everything we experience with our body is so limited yet so much is precieved imagine what could be precieved and experienced with a soul broken off into multiple area's of experiences"

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
hehe ya

its crazy but, think about if it wasnt !!
oh how boring life would be

Or would life even be! ; D haha gets more amazin the more one thinks of it

love stuff like this

thanks for the friends add / will add you aswell notice you post alot of interesting stuff

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

It's also been described as: the act of observing collapses the wave function.

There's a show on Discovery called Time Warp in which actions/events are filmed at very high speed and then slowed down to visually observe the phenomena in minute detail. They were taking suggestions at one point (possibly still) and I was really hoping they would try the double slit experiment.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Alphadog

hehe so would the hat and the person pulling out the rabbit!

who whole idead is based on a question thats why its so great!!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The thread overall I really enjoy a read like this very thought provoking.

My only problem with it (multiple dimensions, string theory etc.), is that many things come and go just to be dropped by the wayside decades later and moving on to the next big thing or money maker. Such as where is my flying car already? By now all cars were suppose to be replaced by flying cars. Oh wait I forgot the internet became mainstream and that's where the money and brains went.

I could go on but I like the thread and don't want to detract from it's real purpose. I just hope these physicists stick with the research and find some solid evidence (no pun intended well maybe just a little lol) one way or the other before dropping it to go on to the next big funding machine.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flux8
I heard that at level 6 universe you get another 1st and 2nd level spell, as well as the ability to make potions and scrolls...

Theories built upon theories, which came from speculations of speculations, and on and on it goes, until eventually you'll believe your own arse is the center of the universe. Hey, we all have theories. They help us get around our small lttile area of the multiverse, but they ain't proof of the whole. I personally put far more stock into experimental observations. And they're not there yet.

What is speculation may be observation to someone who comprehends it.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Also,
the ideas of dimensions comes into play here aswell.

The parralel universes would should technically have different vibrational states. One could be in its Physical state like we are,
and another in a higher frequency range, and another could just be what we cut down to bare done basics actually are, pure energy.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think that "parallel universe" might be misleading. Due to science fiction we automatically think of another world with another ATS and another Heike where maybe JFK wasn't assassinated, or where Heike never joined ATS.

Why can't other universes or other dimensions just be .. random?One where "dragons" are the dominant sentient life form, another where something like humans lives side by side with dinosaurs, another where the lifeforms are membranous beings filled with gas like jellyfish...

Aren't the possibilities endless? Why are they assuming that other universes will be just like this one with only minor differences?

I used to have a plot idea that every book written by someone becomes a real "world," and the "hero" discovered how to travel to them. Thus he could visit Peter Pan, or Harry Potter, or Captain Ahab, or Oliver Twist.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

hehe well the point is they are infact endless.

Thats why its so mind boggling!!

The very fact we are here gives rise to this lovley word

"INFINITY" one is required to be alive befor you can get that word
thus brings is to a very simple question of why

Both are interconnected / one of the same thing! so in relation to what we all think.. the possibltiy is very much there of all things one can possibly amagin "not to say its true" but the thought would make it possible..

I have even postulate we are able "given enought time" able to make a universe that is infinate.. just like the one we live in

sefl replication that is so huge it does really make ur head spin off

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
I think that "parallel universe" might be misleading. Due to science fiction we automatically think of another world with another ATS and another Heike where maybe JFK wasn't assassinated, or where Heike never joined ATS.

Why can't other universes or other dimensions just be .. random?One where "dragons" are the dominant sentient life form, another where something like humans lives side by side with dinosaurs, another where the lifeforms are membranous beings filled with gas like jellyfish...

Aren't the possibilities endless? Why are they assuming that other universes will be just like this one with only minor differences?

I used to have a plot idea that every book written by someone becomes a real "world," and the "hero" discovered how to travel to them. Thus he could visit Peter Pan, or Harry Potter, or Captain Ahab, or Oliver Twist.

no no... wait... they think that everything would be infinite .... so, that mean that it WILL exist another universe just like ours, because it is infinite ...

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

It's called "The Neverending Story".

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

lol!!

whos telling the story!!!

/me falls over

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Sorry for taking so long to come back but my damn keyboard stopped working and I had to fix the problem(lol,turn off and on the computer).As far as a lot of comments on here about how "thinking about something creates a parallel universe" I believe that is possible,as do the physicist who think level three universes exist.All that is is quantum probability-meaning that if you think it you affect particle movement(which ultimately affects macro sized objects)and simply a universe is created to account for that probability.As far as lightspeed being constant I believe it is,I think that nothing in real space can travel faster than light.However that is only in our dimensional existence.It is possible to travel faster or to cover space faster either by bending space or entering another dimension(like subspace).Or you can warp space.As far as what separates us from all the other realities is a good as guess as mine.Dark matter my play a part,or vibrational frequency,or both.I think we must be careful(and most are not)when using the term "dimension" as that implies something different than parallel realities.I am interested to hear some more theories on this.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

So what theory do you like?I believe that current theories are nothing but "stepping stones" to a universal,all encompassing theory of everything that unifies relativity and quantum theory.The clue could be Gravitons as they are the most direct link between relativity and quantum theory.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

This is where i believe every thought we have would be a window into a different universe. Be it negatvie or positive, good or evil, fantastical or mystical each one would be unique in thier own right. We get to see them in our minds.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

There must be something that is equal to the speed of light. There is always something on the other side of the spectrum. Maybe dark light. Nothing seems to block out light as fast as darkness. Has anyone ever measured the speed of darkness? There must be something equal to that speed.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Alphadog

darkeness just means that the engergy in the specturm is not there ect darkness is still a proponet of light

But the way i look at it, is the only way to go faster than light "on a specturm level" is to 1 be outside of the spectrum "that would indeed be something like subspace" as was posted or use gravity as its only gravit that effects the mas / emits gives mass gravity"

If you was to send atoms to a black hole and mesure the speed @ the event horizon the speed would infact increase but the mass would not as its bending time itself and not the partical "hence no change in mass" But one can no escape the massive gravity of a bh

hence the condurm cant go faster "yet"

and i always seen the universe more as as ones own though in some way

Trapped but able to shape the universe.. in an infinite amount of ways

If we look at the instance of why the universe was created there aint really a reason why.. but what i find interesting more than why is the actual workings that gave rise to the why

Must be some kinda equation to ask an asnwer in the first place.. as that would be the next logical step in order to get infinity

so its like you have 2 people in a room

One person says tho the other person "why are we in this room"

the other person says back "i dont know why"

the 2 people have infact created the universe lol!!!!

But who is to say they are people? they could be huge atoms? "big bang theory m theory and sting theory all in one" just interacting on a scale that is so big that we are infact the chaos of the question and will infact never be the answer or find the question!.. but the stupid part is with us trying to find the answer would infact keep the question/universe going

selfreplication we see it EVERYWHERE In our own universe and infact has both properties of choas logic and the need for infinity

btw that was a 20 year working of working stuff out on my own with all the evidence i had not 10 mins ramble
and its only my opinion

[edit on 5-4-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Perhaps we exist in individual overlapping "dimensions" in our own right? If we want to take it to the even stranger.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
At the event horizon of a black hole it is postulated and I believe that there is no change in the speed of light,I don't see why there would be.The event horizon is simply the point of a black hole were the gravity is so strong not even light which travels at 186,000 mps as enough energy to escape.

Overlapping dimensions?Explain(I think you might be on the same level of thinking I am about dimensional overlapping).

IMO in realspace(our space) there is two main causes for the causality of c(lightspeed).one being that the fabric of spacetime itself is expanding ftl and thus makes it impossible to travel faster than the expanding spacetime fabric and the fastest matter can travel is lightspeed.Now I believe we can get around this by utilizing the curvature of spacetime or dimensional physics(entering another,non expanding dimension).Two I believe time equals motion and motion equals time(saying that the only reason time exists is due to the motion of matter),so if you could somehow "bypass" motion and utilize instantaneous acceleration or teleportation you can get around the constant of c.I think that subspace or "spacetime foam" is a dimension that could prove useful,as it is likely the dimension that allows particles to communicate ftl.I also think that subspace exists in a "zero phase",thus allowing ftl transport of information and/or matter.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join