It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we being lied to about north korea?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I just thinking last night. People say that north korea is bad because they denounce western values and keep their people under the thumb. But how can we be so blind? We are under the thumb as well, perhaps even more so. Sure they don't have internet, tv or mobile phones. But tv just brainwashes people, mobile phones cause cancer and the internet is just used by people to waste their life away. Which brings me to the most important point. Do these people live a more fulfilling life and are we being lied to by the western corporate media about this? They lie about everything else.. why not this? Read the wikipedia article on NK and its army.. they downplay it so much its not funny.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I don't know if it's a lie so much as it is reporting of an event from the perspect of one's culture. The U.S. is accustomed to viewing N. Korea's government as hostile and dangerous. Is it being intentionally bumped up via the media? Perhaps. IMO, North Korea and Iran both play a dangerous game -- that of cat-and-mouse, taunting the big, bad, U.S. and their allies. I would imagine from each of those nations' perspective, they have the right to do whatever they choose. I would also suppose that techically, that is true. I personally believe that with nuclear weapons in both these countries hands, the world is a more dangerous place. In particular, I believe that North Korea is dangerous in that I believe they'd sell nukes to nearly everyone. You notice that I don't cite a reference. This is all just my belief, based upon years of floundering through hyperbole-augmented reports. The truth is probably somewhere in between.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Obviously there will be propaganda,but in the end yes the N.Korean citizens are in a dire situation with famines frequently,extreme poverty and malnutrition,not to mention vicious military/police crackdowns on the people for a variety of reasons.Of course i've never been so this is all second hand information,but if N.Koreans are willing to risk their lives getting out.

en.wikipedia.org...

A lady that didn't make it across the river into China.

So given the apparent lengths citizens will do to get out..i can only imagine what a terrible place it must be.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
All other propaganda that we hear about NK aside, the people of NK are in a very dire situation.
North Korean teenagers who escape to South Korea are on average 5 inches shorter and 25 pounds lighter than their southern counterparts.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Think what you will.

Why are you insulting Japanese with your bigot remark? My Japanese wife is 5'4". That's right on par with the average American woman. Besides, any of these midgets in Japan, as you call them, would seriously rock your world.

This is the last point I am giving you, so I will not reply anymore.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I never said theres anything wrong with being small did i? You obviously think there is? My point is so what if they are shorter in height? It doesnt mean anything at all.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Lol one photo of a dead women, and some quote from western media saying the woman was running away, how do you know? Did you know her? I can get a photo of a dead yank and say he was killed by Obama's octopus henchmen or some BS to a society that knows nothing about your culture and it'd be as pointless as that photo...

Seriously In the Western World, the East is the bad guy, and in the Eastern world the West is, the medias and governments have been playing them against each other for ages and its not gonna stop anytime soon. No soldier has ever gone to war thinking they were the bad guys... Every country says they're the good guys, and they prove it by showing selected images of the opposite nations to the people.

Until you go out and experience other cultures first hand and the like you have no right to make oppinions on other nations. Of course they're are some cultures which seem shocking to the West, but that doesn't give you a right to interfere in their way of life, all "great" countries have been founded by the people fighting back not by some another nation coming in.

Yes, we are being lied to about North Korea and Iraq and Iran and China and Russia. And they have been lied to about the western countries, c'mon the world is corrupt and always will be, they're are no good guys or bad guys everyone is the same, the people may have individual ideas but no matter what you do as a individual the majority will always play you as a bad guy.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aztec Riddle

Yes, we are being lied to about North Korea and Iraq and Iran and China and Russia. And they have been lied to about the western countries, c'mon the world is corrupt and always will be, they're are no good guys or bad guys everyone is the same, the people may have individual ideas but no matter what you do as a individual the majority will always play you as a bad guy.

Then how about you go tell that to the countless North Koreans who share their experiences on a continuous basis? If you wish to learn of the culture, then educate yourself further in the matter before allowing your oratory to outpace any logical thought processes. North Korea is a cesspool of poverty, prison camps, and complete oppression. If you disagree, then you are calling the North Korean refugees liars, and I would then ask, when was the last time you lived there?

BTW, there is GOOD and BAD, just take a look at how individuals are treated by-in-large around the world. A government which condones the raping of women, decapitation of "Non-Believers", and victimizes its citizenry is BAD. A government which allows ideological freedoms, protects its citizens, and keeps itself in check in the process, is GOOD.

You need to cease living in some enchanted fairy tale land full of rainbows and fairies, and wake-up to reality.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hmmm dude no I think you need to stop believing everything you read and hear. It's very easy to skew words especially when they are in another language. It happens every time. Agent I think you are the one that needs to wakeup and stop believing everything you read, watch and hear. The only way we can truly know is for unbiased people to go in and look.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Listen cyberman, I've seen alot more of this world then you or most people and I will tell you everywhere is the same, some places just do it more openly then others, you are blaming countries for poverty?!?! I said there are some places in the world worse off then others there always will be, America takes and tortures people of a different colour and ships them to other countries to be tortured, just in case they have information, at least north korea aknowledges the blood is on their hands.
Seriously it took you fellas 400 years to get a black president and now your saying he's the anti-christ or some BS and faulting everything he does.

*Mod Edit: Please keep it civil, watch the language too. Cheers -alien

[edit on 5-4-2009 by alien]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by andrew123

Are we being lied to about north korea?

Maybe

But at least in the west we can ask such questions. I doubt they can in North Korea.

If you are trolling for a fight then just say you have a beef with America and all the other western nations and be done with it! The fact of the matter is that North Korea is a hold over from the cold war. They are a brutal dictatorship whose days have passed. So if that's the case then yes the US is partly to blame but so are the former Soviet Union and China. Even the Chinese don't care for that form of Communism.

The people have been brutalized and subjected to such a tight control that they are brainwashed into thinking that little Kimmy is almost a God just like his father.

So before you go posting your version of morality and then belittle any one elses opinion that differs from yours learn more about the North Koreans.

Yes it's a western media point of view but at least they are getting information from inside north Korea.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Ummm what about all the people who follow organised religion... are they not brainwashed? Keep it coming and I will as well..

top topics

join