It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason U.F.O.'s exist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
When I say reason, I mean the reason that we use everyday in court rooms, police investigations, scientific method and more.

The reason that U.F.O.'s exist is because extra-terrestrial and or extra-dimensional beings exist within the natural order of reality.

I think as do many in the circles of theoretical physics that we exist in an extra-dimensional universe. This is the why gravity cannot be unified with the other forces of nature. It's because gravity is not localized. This means it can exist on other branes and in other dimensions. So we have to try to unify these things within the context of extra-dimensions.

This is not about extra-ordinary evidence or absolute proof but reason.

In an extra-dimensional universe things like ufology and the paranormal would easily fit.

For instance, extra-dimensional craft would appear to us as 3 dimensional objects that appear out of nowhere and that we couldn't fully comprehend. Just like if you stuck a basketball in front of a 2-dimensional being, they would see lines appear out of nowhere because they couldn't fully grasp the 3rd dimension.

Some pictures of ghosts could be of loved ones who crossed over or some of them could be a person from a universe right next to ours and the lines were crossed so to speak.

A good book to read on this is: Extra-Dimensional Universe - Where the Paranormal Becomes Normal.

Within this context, we are basically explaining away and ignoring evidence that supports what many physicist are saying. That we live in a extra-dimensional universe.

We hear of extra-dimensions, braneworlds, parallel universes, the holographic principle, the universe is a quantum computer and we could be in an anscestor simulation that's ran by an advanced civilization.

All this is from Professors from Oxford to MIT.

Why should life in the universe be reduced to a box that started on earth 4.5 billion years ago?

We don't know about the origin of life, yet many scientist start with the priori that ife began on earth and they twist and turn to try and fit this narrative. When you look at panspermia or directed panspermia it makes sense because your not trying to reduce life in the universe into a box that started 4.5 billion years ago on earth.

The universe is vast and it's 13.7 billion years old and we could be a branch of an infinite number of universes. Putting life in the universe in a box in this context makes no sense.

We found liquid water on Mars and Nasa see's signs of microbial life. We may have found extra-terrestrial life in our atmosphere.

We don't know what constitutes 96% of the universe.

You couple that with cave paintings, paintings, ancient manuscripts, pictures, videos, abduction cases, eyewitness accounts, mass sightings, trace evidence and more and I think denial of these things becomes futile.

I believe these things are part of the natural order and some label them supernatural in order to dismiss these things.

The supernatural are just things we can't fully explain. If you were to go back in time 2,000 years ago they would think that some of the technology is supernatural. They would probably think a lighter is magic.

We havn't learned from the ancients. When they were met with things that they couldn't fully understand they tried to explain them.

When we are faced with things that we can't fully understand we try to explain it away or leave it unexplained especially when it comes to things like ufology and the paranormal.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
S +F some very good points you make. I have heard the idea of us seeing things we can not explain because they are coming from higher dimensions. I recently saw a video posted by someone that explained this really well. I will see if i can find it for you.

Also, very true about ancients seeing a lighter and thinking it was magic or some sort of supernatural activity. Just because we ave not advanced far enough, or dont possess the knowledge to explain it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. We think we know it all today. When a scientist devotes his whole life to an idea of how everything works and then that idea is shattered by an unexplainable event, will he say his life was a big waste of time or say what just happened was impossible so therefore it didn't happen?

People need to open their minds to new responsibilities when it comes to these subjects.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This post of yours is an interesting synchronicity. Today, I was thinking deeply, about the fact that everytime I would post about ufos, it appeared to be contradicting what I wrote previously. It is due, though, to the fact that everything everyone believes or suspects about ufos, IS ALL TRUE. From crashed spaceships, to flying paranormal ghostly orbs. (--Even-- the fallen one third angels after Lucifer). I have long suspected, that, if we humans here, were to proceed unimpeded, with technologically advancing, it would reach a point where the 'technology' would transcend dimensionality. It would logically follow, that the strictures of time and mass, would cease to become barriers. I know how far of a stretch this is to readers, but how would Thomas Jefferson react, if someone handed him my mini-laptop? There very well may be 'spaceships' sitting at Area 51, and just like in the movie Independence Day, it sits there decade after decade, while people try to figure out a technology with no frame of reference for the scientists. Yet. (that we know of). When I watched Star Trek The Next Generation and Star Trek Voyager, it struck me, that the minds behind producing those, are probably (likely without knowing it) accessing what 'NewAgeys' call "the akashic records". I'll bet ya, anything, that there are somehow, somewhere, somewhen, real beings like 'The Q' and 'Holodeck' reality recreations, etc. And why not?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Great thread. This is pretty much the inevitable conclusion one has to come to when one sees all the contradictions in conventional thinking.

We generate for ourselves this organizing of information for convenience and compression sake. But the index of a book is not the knowledge - a catalogue.

Where most of us are right now is living on a single page of the catalogue. We are confused by references to other items on other pages. We don't know how to get to the next page or previous ones.

Just typed that spontaneously as I felt the need to do something to kick restart this thread.

Unfortunate title as this will attract people looking for validation of space vehicles rather than understanding they are just another manifestation of
something misfiled.

Don't know if this is coherent to anyone reading it. Hope so.

Mike

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by platosallegory

Very nice piece.

A friend of mine once told me that there was no such thing as 'supernatural'. Everything is natural, nothing unnatural can exist. Even in religion, God is simply the greatest scientist in the universe. Nothing is impossible... it is only temporarily unknown to us.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It's hard to comprehend/ understand this because most of use aren't taught to think this way. When you start to think differently, your brain juices start flowing at the things that don't make sense start to make sense. Well, for me anyway. Great post, S&F.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
You might like to watch this one:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by necati

[Carl Sagan cideo]

Thanks for the the link and great respect for Sagan.

But presently on a Mind Detoxification Diet which precludes the consumption of video. (long story)

Any chance for a quick summary of points.

Appreciated.

M

[edit on 28-6-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

[Carl Sagan cideo]

Thanks for the the link and great respect for Sagan.

But presently on a Mind Detoxification Diet which precludes the consumption of video. (long story)

Any chance for a quick summary of points.

Appreciated.

M

[edit on 28-6-2009 by mmiichael]

I just thought that the video might be helpful to visualise the subject of a multidimensional universe.
I have always had difficulties in visualising the concept of a fourth dimension. It is for example rather simple to visualise a finite 2d space which is boundless e.g. the surface of a sphere but as soon as we try to fathom the same fact for a three-dimensional space (the known universe) it’s beyond the capacity of our mind.
What I can’t understand about this three-dimensional concept is why those dimensional apparitions are seen at their respective places. Well, might sound stupid – what I mean is why does an UFO appear in the sky and a ghost e.g. in a house/castle.
In other words, why doesn’t an UFO manifest itself in my living room?
Is this some kind of a one-way awareness?

[edit on 29-6-2009 by necati]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I have always had difficulties in visualising the concept of a fourth dimension. It is for example rather simple to visualise a finite 2d space which is boundless e.g. the surface of a sphere but as soon as we try to fathom the same fact for a three-dimensional space (the known universe) it’s beyond the capacity of our mind.

What I can’t understand about this three-dimensional concept is why those dimensional apparitions are seen at their respective places. Well, might sound stupid – what I mean is why does an UFO appear in the sky and a ghost e.g. in a house/castle.

In other words, why doesn’t an UFO manifest itself in my living room?
Is this some kind of a one-way awareness?

We exist in the 3rd dimension (height/width/depth)
Some consider time a 4th dimension..

The UFO, ghost, Virgin Mary apparition, are manifestations of an intrusion from outside your sensory matrix. You configure it to something you can recognize and relate to. Sort of a cultural Rorschach blot.

Note how UFOs only start being seen in the 20th Century, when areo-technology becomes familiar and Science Fiction seeps into the culture.

Earlier people had religious visions and in the 19th Century it tended towards the supernatural.

Most can only see what they are conditioned to see.

Mike

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by platosallegory

I have been reading your very interesting OP, and i'd say that there are some very good and interesting points. But the reason UFOs exist is way more simple: they do exist because according to our technology, to our knowledge, to our understanding of physics, there have been cases that could NOT be explained. Those are REAL ufos, because an UFO is just something that flies and that can't be identified: of course, there are cases way more interesting than other ones, of course there have been cases suggesting/indicating some interaction with more advanced intelligences: but we don't want to fall into the basket of the speculations, then we should stick on what proofs we have. And proofs spells CLEARLY that UFOs exist, why there's a heavy lack of proofs corroborating that one of more of them were alien spacecrafts. What i'm trying to say is that even if some senior scientist would claim that UFOs don't exist, then he would just prove his ignorance, because it's very ignorant (and lame) to spread statements over some acronym IF one ignores the meaning of it: Unidentified Flying Object is its meaning, something that flies and can't be identified.

UFO do exist, it's not a matter of opinions:
and aliens intelligent forms of life exist as well, but this is my humble and uncorroborated by proofs opinion.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Because some one invented them.
Some one on Earth so that's why they fly in the sky.
A mathematical dimension is not real.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

We exist in the 3rd dimension (height/width/depth)
Some consider time a 4th dimension..

It’s not time which is meant with the 'fourth dimension' here. In this context it refers to the fourth spatial dimension.

Link to Wikipedia - Fourth Dimension

I think you misunderstood my question. However - thank you for the reply. Perhaps i'll try to make my point clearer as soon as I find some more time.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I think you misunderstood my question. However - thank you for the reply. Perhaps i'll try to make my point clearer as soon as I find some more time.

I understood but did not elaborate.

Typing on the fly during escapes from work.

But don't dismiss time as a non-spatial dimension. In a way it's how we separate what are senses are unable to deal with. So we make ia linear progression of something that is in flux.

Think about it.

More when I have time.

Mike

new topics

top topics

join