It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unanimous ruling: Iowa marriage no longer limited to one man, one woman

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by News And History
Homosexuals & their supporters (especially the world-government) celebrate as more people are forced to accept homosexuality and other acts, which are done to provoke christians & get a negative reaction from all non-occult religious-groups, "orthodox jews", "christians", and muslims.

Eeyeah, I'm sure that's what these couples are thinking when they heard they can actually have their relationship recognized as "real" by the government...piss off the dogma-bound
I'm sure genuine caring & compassion has nothing to do with, or the fact that banning gay marriage is so much discrimination if the courts said blacks couldn't get married, it wouldn't even be a debate would it? No, but because some old people in funny hats & robes interpret a particular kind of sexual expression as "bad"...that automatically makes it so to those who can't think for themselves

It's funny how "conservatives" here will scream, bitch, & moan about things like other people's sex life, attempting as much as possible legislating their opinion on what people can & can't do with each other. In the meantime they're complaining in the financial & military threads about the government encroaching on their business & taking away liberties....so hypocrite-conservatives, I hope you can swallow the new gay couple moving into your neighborhood, maybe they'll have an adopted/inseminated child for your kids to play with too! Won't that be nice?!

Congrats my homosexual brothers & sisters, you go get your tax breaks & right of attorney baby!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I am still of the opinion that if anyone wants to be miserable and unhappy they should be allowed to marry. No matter what sexual orientation they are.

If gay people want to be trapped in a loveless sham of a marriage who are any of us to deny them that right?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
And if its the other way around, the majority attempting to force a minority to change against their will, then is killing also justified? Is killing the only solution you can come up with?

No, historically, the nonviolent solution at which we arrived was The Vote, with both sides agreeing that the majority of voters would decide the matter. Today, however, the minority has seemingly decided that The Vote isn't good enough for resolving these conflicts of view. The minority now attempts to circumvent the voting process through the courts, overturning our traditional nonviolent method of resolving these differences.

When minorities circumvent the nonviolent approach, are they not knowingly inviting whatever unkind result lies in wait for them?

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have no problem with people doing this as long as one day we all end up the same.

One step at a time, but sure does take along time to change.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
That's the heart of the issue... We will NEVER end up all the same. There is no such thing as "equality" among humans. There will always be at least one malcontent individual who is envious of another's wealth or intelligence or physical fitness or whatever, and that malcontent individual will seek to overturn the status quo. That's simply the way human beings are.

So, if we abandon The Vote as a nonviolent means of laying matters to rest, if we allow the court system to decide on every perceived injustice, then we eventually arrive at anarchy — no majority, no minority, no vote, no law, every individual making up the rules as we go, every individual deciding what is just and unjust.

Unfortunately, in a land where every individual invents his own law, then every individual must enforce his own law. This is nothing less than an abandonment of civilization.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 4/7/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

How do you know what science will do in the future.

We talk all the time on this board about aliens. What aliens visitation showed mostly is that they are one gender. I think we will get there eventually.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
How do you know what science will do in the future. We talk all the time on this board about aliens. What aliens visitation showed mostly is that they are one gender. I think we will get there eventually.

So, are you suggesting that we genetically engineer ourselves into androgynous drones serving an egg-laying queen or something, and do this simply to overcome our human sense of individuality? Somehow, this does not seem like evolutionary progress. Insectoid specialization is not an improvement over human free will.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Homosexuals & their supporters (especially the world-government) celebrate as more people are forced to accept homosexuality and other acts, which are done to provoke christians & get a negative reaction from all non-occult religious-groups, "orthodox jews", "christians", and muslims. Those same groups influence most (if not all) people, who have joined

Yeah, (sarcasm) Okay... and in turn we heterosexuals only have straight relationships to anger the gays.

Guess what... the gays have relationships because they're human.

Gotta love how religion twists things around. lol... exist to provoke... what a laugh riot.

To use an analogy...

A man is standing on the tracks as a freight train approaches full speed.
The man (being religion) is demanding that the freight train is provoking him, and demands it stop.
The freight train (being reality) can't.

The train isn't trying to run him over, it doesn't want to run him over, it's purpose isn't to run him over, but it's doing a damn good job of it regardless.

It's happened with every single advancement religion has tried to stifle, and it will continue to happen. From chemistry (witchcraft), to freedom of speech (heresy), to womens rights... the list is endless.

Point is, each and every time, we advance, reality continues... and religion just keeps getting run over.

To sum it up. Religion needs to learn to get the heck out of the way.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
To use an analogy...

A man is standing on the tracks as a freight train approaches full speed.
The man (being religion) is demanding that the freight train is provoking him, and demands it stop.
The freight train (being reality) can't.

The train isn't trying to run him over, it doesn't want to run him over, it's purpose isn't to run him over, but it's doing a damn good job of it regardless.

It's happened with every single advancement religion has tried to stifle, and it will continue to happen. From chemistry (witchcraft), to freedom of speech (heresy), to womens rights... the list is endless.

Point is, each and every time, we advance, reality continues... and religion just keeps getting run over.

To sum it up. Religion needs to learn to get the heck out of the way.

I have to write that down somewhere, my friend. That's just fantastic.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Today, however, the minority has seemingly decided that The Vote isn't good enough for resolving these conflicts of view.

Conflicts of view regarding common public issues are rightly decided by a vote of members of that public.

The public has no right to vote on whether or not two adult people should be in love with each other, or whether or not they should be allowed to have a formal commitment to each other based on that love.

Those are not matters that should be voted on at all. The issue of love and commitment (marriage) affects only the two consenting adults and does not affect anyone else. The "public" has no right to interfere, vote or to "kill".

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

reply to post by visible_villain

Christianity is supposed to be confusing. That's why there's so many types of Christians! Keep in mind that Christianity wasn't promoted or preached from the mouths of the prophets, who wrote the Aramaic-scriptures.

Many (if not all) Christians supposedly follow what they've read in the King James version of the "holy bible", which was written by his false-scribes. King James was an inbred occultist, who intentionally ordained & printed a book of mistranslations & lies.

There's so many types of Christians, these days. Which one of them is truly following the words of the Arab Messiah, Yahusha?

Name 1 single christian that actually follows the Torah or all 10 commandments, which the messiah taught in his tabernacles. If you can find a person like that, I'll join a "christian church" tomorrow!

In reality, non-occult religions are accepted & promoted by the majority, and homosexuality along with the world-government is not accepted by the majority.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by News And History]

here you go: www.fossilizedcustoms.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I LOVE the argument of why should hetero's care if gays can marry. How does it affect them.

I ask that SAME DAMN QUESTION every time a case comes up where someone sues to get God taken off the money, our out of the Pledge of Allegience, or to have the Ten Commandments removed from a courthouse, or how can a state allow an In God We Trust license plate. Why do they care? I guess they must be Theophobiasts.

People just care.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I LOVE the argument of why should hetero's care if gays can marry. How does it affect them.

I ask that SAME DAMN QUESTION every time a case comes up where someone sues to get God taken off the money, our out of the Pledge of Allegience, or to have the Ten Commandments removed from a courthouse, or how can a state allow an In God We Trust license plate. Why do they care? I guess they must be Theophobiasts.

People just care.

Those don't even relate.

Government of the People - for the People - - - should represent EVERY citizen - not just those who believe in a god. There should be NO God in government - - because god in government does not represent every citizen.

God belief is individual choice - - and does not apply to all.

The "state of marriage" - is a personal commitment between 2 people. It has nothing to do with - nor does it affect anyone outside those 2 people. The legality of marriage - - is a government document to protect rights and property of those joined together as one. Again their legal rights - affect no one but the 2 involved.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join