It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids Told to Shout Obscenities in "Swearing Lesson"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Kids Told to Shout Obscenities in "Swearing Lesson"

www.thesun.co.uk

A SCHOOL was blasted yesterday after kids as young as 11 were told to shout obscenities during a lesson in SWEARING.

Expletives like the f-word and c-word were written on a blackboard before a teacher explained their meaning to 30 Year 7 pupils.St Laurence School in Bradford on Avon, Wilts, claim it was part of a sex and relationship education programme to “dispel” the myths of swear words.

But parents say they were not consulted by head James Colquhoun about the class and say kids were left “deeply upset”.One parent said: “This is a total disgrace. Our children go to school to gain an education, not qualifications in swear words. Most kids had no idea what the words meant and were forced to grow up faster than their parents want. Heads should roll for this."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Reportedly, some pupils claimed that teacher told them not to tell their parents about that swearing lesson. Last night, Richard Clutterbuck, "Deputy head" of that school's district said: “This lesson should not have focused on the slang terms. I must apologise for any distress caused.”

Wilts County Council explained that it was their governors’ responsibility to decide specifics of sex-education lessons. Apparently, there's been more than a couple of situations where teachers in that school-district have influenced their students to be vulgar & offensive.

In February, the student council was told how ten-year-old children at a Primary school (near Cambridge) were told to write the crudest words they knew to “analyse bullying insults”.

Here's 1 reason why a great number of parents in many nation-states choose to have their children homeschooled: They don't accept or support state-controlled consciousness.

John Taylor Gatto - State Controlled Consciousness

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by News And History
Here's 1 reason why a great number of parents in many nation-states choose to have their children homeschooled: They don't accept or support state-controlled consciousness.

there is nothing wrong with homeschooling not that i was

and i do see the reason parents would turn to it due to the fact that most of what is taught in school is lies that the nation-states are imposing and brainwashing us with

we neeed the TRUTH!

~ lookin4answers

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I know what you mean. Public-schools are funded by the occult-government to teach children loads of garbage.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
During my last visit to the UK, none of the kids seemed to require any schooling in that particular area of knowledge.

They were impressively foul-mouthed little monsters.

Exactly what is "me Burberry" anyway?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Oh no.. not words.. anything but vocal vibrations... god save us.

I swear(ha) we have got to be the most moronic lifeforms in the universe. We humans get upset and offended by words...and holding a finger in the air.

Get a hold of yourselves.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
We did this in school too. The F word. Part of grade 11 sex ed. But my father, a teacher, had already told us all this stuff from the time we were pre-schoolers, as he was very liberal and educated. So it only shocked the other kids. This isn't knew. They did this in "the dinosaur days" too!

And theres nothing wrong with it, except maybe waiting till high school. They're jsut words too! Rather my teenage kids destress with a few choice swear words than punch a hole in the wall like many angry men do. Thats what the words are for, to destress and discharge bad emotions. Not a crime, nor a sin, just being healthy. Just need to be taught not to use them inappropriately or against people. For example, I'm teaching my boys that the B word is a lot worse than the F word.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
[Most kids had no idea what the words meant and were forced to grow up faster than their parents want.]

That shows the mentality of this woman. She wants to control the growth of her kid independently of the kids needs.

Now I'm sure some people are offended by such a thing but if you really think about it it might be a good thing. If this idea made it into some schools it's probably because it has some developmental benefits.

All the kids know these words. They hear adults say them all the time. They might not know what it means and it adds to their anxiety. The few in the class that didn't know by this age had to be explained and to me this sounds like school doing parenting for ignorant parents.

But of course the puritans who never read a book know better as god said in the ten commandments "You shalt not know the meaning of the f-word or the c-word."

In the end everybody will agree with this woman because we live in a conservative society. That means we resist progress for us and also for our children.

And so her children will be as dumb as this woman and continue to pollute and enslave the world without knowing or caring. And make sure the children of their children don't know what a c*nt or a d*ck is because if they did then they would understand that it perfectly matches the behavior of their parents.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by News And History
I know what you mean. Public-schools are funded by the occult-government to teach children loads of garbage.

Curses.... Curses...to you "News and History" YOU and You alone have uncovered or great plot to teach ALL the children, every swear word we can!! WE were so close with our OCCULT plans to teach children swear words!! Gosh dang it!!! We will not STOP... Do you all hear me!! Soon.. soon.. ALL your children will be swearing like drunken sailors on a friday night!!

SpectreWithin

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreWithin

I appreciate your humor. (yawn) You may go back to your regular programming, now.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Damn! Didnt thin they were a little young to be learning things like that? I mean, yeah eventually they will learn the words, but this manner seem to be teaching them its ok to use foul language whenever you want..kids of course will say anyting they just learned, as they yet odnt know what manners are. When i was in 6th grade, i was 12. We had a few days, where out teacher(female) gave us sex education, per the states requirment. Now, she did not use strong words, she just merely pointed out, what a vagina and penis were, and what their sexual purposes were. Lots of us questioned her, what are yuo talking about..so she did show us a gesture thats common..the finger going through a whole yuove made with yuor other 2 finigers, and goign back and forth. And that soon in life, we wil go through hormonal changes, boy will start being atrtacted to girls ect. Some info about using condoms. this was back in 1986.
Not one of us in class, NOt one, was interersted in this. ll we had on our minds, was recess(kickball) or studying for normal things, like math , history, english class.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
MY asnwer to this, is i question where the states, HOW they decdied this was important? i mean yeah, i can understand ages 13 and up..usualy arouind 13, thats when most males mature and hormones kick in..aka get horny**Pardon the pun, but its true. That one year DOES make a significant differnece. BUt to teach them using strong 4 letter words, is such a turn off, really it is. At this rate, why not teach them to grab thier balls and pull on em while greeting someone ghetto style with lots fo 4 letter words

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Might as well teach the kids gang warfare sign language too!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

I know what you mean. The government & their shills want to have full control over the minds of the general-population (especially the young). I appreciate your input. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

new topics

top topics

join