It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inventory of my BOB (will it fit?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
All either sound/ rattle suppression or to stop wearing holes in your clothing, IE the compass on a paracord should be either round your neck or looped through a button hole on your Jacket and kept in the jacket pocket, with its current sharp corners if its round your neck and you have to dive to the floor you can easily excise your nipple or stab yourself. In your jacket the compass with cut its way through the pocket in only a few months.

Kitchen roll and Tea towel are suppressants, bandages and fire lighting material as well as drying cloth.

You only need the blades or stitch cutters from the tool box, not the handle itself.
The tape on the mess tins and cups means you can eat and drink quicker instead of waiting for food/ drink to cool down, and again it reduces noise.

Depending on regiment one could often find the Compass, Spork and Tin opener on cords round your neck.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Northern Raider]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northern Raider
All either sound/ rattle suppression or to stop wearing holes in your clothing, IE the compass on a paracord should be either round your neck or looped through a button hole on your Jacket and kept in the jacket pocket, with its current sharp corners if its round your neck and you have to dive to the floor you can easily excise your nipple or stab yourself. In your jacket the compass with cut its way through the pocket in only a few months.

Yet another example of the blindingly obvious being completely oblivious.

Excellent. It almost always takes a second pair of eyes.

Thread for the needles is also currently lacking.

Will post a radio review soon.

Didn't label the Kukhri or secatuers; hope that was obvious.

The problem with the salt sachet and oxo is that they were dead obvious for the food supplies, just not so for the BOB/INCH. I have plenty of that in my long term supplies, not in the bug out though.

I know that's probably daft to the educated; as I said, I'm still learning.

Hydrogen Peroxide might also be added soon. More inclined to go for food first.

Also, currently I need a tyre valve opener tool for my EDC. Travel through under-river tunnels too much (for my work). In event of catastrophe I want a means of tapping oxygen to effect escape.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Dont forget a sachet of curry powder for turning slightly tainted meat into something edible.

I can not claim any of the wisdom as my own, its all tips and tricks passed onto me by the wise and skilled Soldiers I served with over the years. When you travel to ruined, collapsed failing states to help out, food and supplies are often of very dubious quality, and very often local hygiene standards are none existantant. So in third world places like Zimbabwe, Albania, Belize, Scotland and Liverpool you have to be completely self relian. I've eaten rat, Hedgehog, eels, and all sorts of crap, but deep fried Mars bars from Glasgow was the worst
Only joking, but you do have to put curry powder into every Scotish meal to make it palatable

Hydrogen Peroxide !!! going Blond?? to match the bedding

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Arse-biscuits!

Hydrogen peroxide, unless I'm being completely retarded, is a good addition for cleaning wounds and stuff. It is similar to the Potassium Permanganate. I was hoping to buy a second bottle and add to the first thus making the weight ratio better. It was then mentioned that it was an very good oxidiser so opening it might not be such a good idea.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nirgal

Arse-biscuits!

Hydrogen peroxide, unless I'm being completely retarded, is a good addition for cleaning wounds and stuff. It is similar to the Potassium Permanganate. I was hoping to buy a second bottle and add to the first thus making the weight ratio better. It was then mentioned that it was an very good oxidiser so opening it might not be such a good idea.

Chuckling away like a loon up here tonight
Hydrogen Peroxide is the prime chemical ingediant for creating dumb blonds as well as washing wounds, never heard the term peroxide blond for Barbra Windsor, etc ?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Agreed. Thankfully new training has told me its broad spectrum use, rather than its saturday night 'blond' use.

It may give a whole new credence to the survivalist who is a 'peroxide blonde'.

Nah, no it won't. I don't mind some wishful thinking though.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nirgal
Agreed. Thankfully new training has told me its broad spectrum use, rather than its saturday night 'blond' use.

It may give a whole new credence to the survivalist who is a 'peroxide blonde'.

Nah, no it won't. I don't mind some wishful thinking though.

At least we have all learned and benefitted from each other. OK Mate I'm dropping off this forum now and going back to the forums that tend to stay on topic and are not plagued with conspiracy and gun nuts. This forum has some fascinating people but its simple to regulated for heavy debate and image sharing. And I dont like being fined points like a child for over quoting. So anyhow please all take care of yourselves and keep preparing.
Respects NR

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join