It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post racial america

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Post racial america

theroot.com

But here’s something that is being talked about much less: The gap between the wealth of white Americans and African Americans has grown. According to the Fed’s data, for every dollar of wealth owned by the typical white family, the African American family has only one thin dime. In 2004, it had 12 cents.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I dont know ATSers, what do you guys think about this. I hope this isnt really the case, gosh could you imagine having 10 cents on every dollar to survive on? Scary thought. The artical goes on to say..."Recently, there have been other sins of both omission and commission. White families are five times as likely as a family of color to have a bank account and access to responsible loan terms. Because of the lack of federally insured and regulated financial institutions on reservations and in inner cities, rural areas, barrios and Chinatowns, payday lenders and other shady financial dealers operating without government oversight have preyed on people of color, fueling the economic and foreclosure crises. African Americans and other people of color were more than three times as likely as white borrowers to be steered to a high-interest loan, even when they qualified for a prime loan. A Harvard University study showed that in Massachusetts, a high-income African American was more likely than a low-income white borrower to get a subprime loan. And many more such studies abound." This nation is falling apart at the seams, I feel for all the people who are suffering.

theroot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-4-2009 by freeyourmind1111]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well, again, if we don't take care of our own people first we, for sure, have no future. For a long time now we have imported workers under one rational after another when there are plenty of capable people born right here. Hell, I was talking to a black acquaintance about that 20 years ago and it's only gotten worse! I can well imagine that the hardest hit segment of the population during this time is the black population. I suspect it is a pressure tactic to try and drive "minorities" into crime and for justification of the internment camps, etc.. The real purpose of such things isn't just the elimination of "minorities" but the fear tactic that will facilitate UN/NWO intervention as the savior.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by freeyourmind1111

Yeah, it all started in the slave days. Then they said no more slavery, but we've gotta do a separate but equal thing. Now they've gotten rid of all that, because otherwise they couldn't dupe the rest of the world into allowing them to take over the countries one by one with less fuss.

Combat troops didn't even try the Vietnam thing until they got rid of those Jim Crow laws. Now, just a mere 40 something years later, stuff has changed on paper (as in changes in civil rights laws), but in practice, it really is far from "equal" in America.

It is incredibly difficult for black americans in America. Yeah, I'm a black american. Yeah, I make over 35k a year. Yeah, I've got over 20 grand in the bank, 50% Amero, 50% Euro. But, but I've had to dodge alot of stuff that you couldn't imagine.

I live in Cleveland, and this place is infested with trigger happy security guards looking for black americans to "get". I've tried like 5 times to catch a bus at the Cleveland Greyhound station. Each time the Metro Cleveland Security Company Guards come out (with bigger guns each time), and confront me. The confrontations get worse and worse each time, and the last time they grabbed me, dragged me into a back office, and tortured me until the message came over the radio that there was another black dude walking in to torture.

I went to Canada for a year. Had absolutely no problems with any security guards. Once I came back to America, within days of landing in Cleveland, I've got a security guard with a gun ready to blow my brains out! That's within days! I've been back in America for 3 years now, so imagine what's happened since then.

I lived in Philadelphia 1 of those 3 years, and I must say that there were no problems. Job says go back to Cleveland, and within days security guards have guns up in my face again.

For what?? For being a black american. What has black america done to deserve this?? Absolutely nothing.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
There will never be a post-racial America so long as parents want to leave a heritage for their children and grandchildren. Period.

I sympathize with the plight of blacks in a white society. That's why the multicultural mandate, and the antiracism mandate before it are so destructive: blood is thicker than water and "papering over" the problem only drives it deeper and potentially more dangerous.

History has proven with 100% certainty that racially mixed counties (i.e., lands or geographical territories) end one of two ways:

1: homogenization and pacified quiescence of the now extinct original races
or

2: violent, bloody war with the complete destruction or subjugation of the losers and the loss of their phenotype through enslavement and killing.

It seems to me the rational act is to go our separate ways, but sadly, there is a huge interest ($$$) in racial agitation and exploitation, per your observation of alien importation for purposes of lowering the cost of labor.

This is corruption of our leadership private and public - and we ought not base our private judgment on the interests of a corrupt elite that view us all as sheep to be fleeced. The answer to racial strife in America is the same answer of all history: amicable separation before bloody war.

Just saying. But then I try to see as things are, not as I wished they were.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

I agree that we need to take care of our people in the USA before delving into other countries problems. And I also agree w/ your statement about pressure tatic to drive minorities to crime. I think it's really a sad state of affairs and honestly, I'm almost shamed to be a american. As my husband has always said to me, "this country was built on the back of immigrants and minorities, when are we going to start taking care of their decendents?" I dont mean a hand out but I believe everyone should be offered the same type of education and opportunities as the next person. If people feel like they at least stand a chance i'm pretty sure it would benefit them. I wish there was something I could do to help but I guess everyone is going to have to make a effort and big companies stop taking advantage of people, stop putting money first and care about our people. Doubt that will happen anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

You know, I really feel what you are saying. I'll tell you,I'm Costa Rican and I was raised in D.C. in Anacostia , which was a majority black community. Our community was very tight nit but man did I feel for the way alot of people were treated, and I could tell it was only because of their race.I saw first hand how the police would single people out. I completly understand where you are coming from and I feel for you. I have also had a lot of black friends (as well as many other races) and my skin is very fair in color, so when I'm with them I always have people staring w/ a disgusted look on their face. I dont care what people think though. Big up to you for your success, I'm sure you have had to walk through fire to get there and you should be proud. Now it's time to get more african american as well as other minorities out there to become successful, w/o being judged by the color of their skin. We are all human beings, we all need to be loved and cherished. We all have value. Take care!

new topics

top topics

join