It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting pilots to talk....Liquidsmoke style....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone cares, but I did have 2 pilots at the bar this week, they came in on separate nights and as far as I know, did not each other...

So the first one of them got loosened up with a lil truth serum and I just asked him about all the UFO's that I know he sees on a regular basis...I mean....what else would i ask him?

He told me this...that twice in 35 years he's seen unusual lights in the distance that he estimated to be about 300 yards across. Thoughts?

The second one only had a glass of wine, but I still asked him about UFO's, because I didn't wanna miss the opportunity.

He said that he had never seen anything but, believed that UFO's do exist. For some reason he had the notion that the south west USA was some kind of hotspot.

You be surprised the type of people you get at a bar...and what they have to say. Sometimes it's a very interesting line of work to say the least.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well, the southwest is certainly an area where advanced test planes and drones are flown, so it is not surprising to hear from commercial pilots that they consider that it is some sort of hot spot.

My grandfather was a pilot and told me foo fighter stories when I was a kid. He later went on to be a test pilot in that very same "UFO Hotpot" somewhere in the southwest. Wish he had some of those stories to tell me, but I only saw him once during that time and it was at an airport layover..to brief for anything but hugs and arm punches. He died in a test flight not long after that.

The only thing that makes me hesitate about most pilot's acknowledgment that they see UFOS, is I don't believe that their observation powers are near as extraordinary as us regular folks like to superimpose on them. Speed, size, distance...all things are very difficult to remotely guess at (even for an average pilot.....who contrary to popular belief amoung the UFO community do not have superhuman observational powers....and never come to work drunk, lol). I fly all the time for work. Often it is at night. Depending on how many of us are going, I usually sit in the copilot seat. Now, I am far from being a pilot, but I have logged many hours at night observing from the cabin and such. While I have seen a couple of (what I would consider) unusual lights, I would hard pressed to even speak of them due to the lack of sighting detail that I could give. If pressed, I'm sure I would make something up to give my nighttime light observation some air of authenticity, but it still wouldn't amount to anything.

And I'm still trying to figure out why UFOs always fly around at night in order to avoid visual detection then forget they have their driving lights on.

I would keep an eye out for aerospace engineers and such. Get some "liquid smoke" in them and they could tell you some amazing things, trust me.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
aerospace engineers huh?
I'll look out for em.
Had a guy this week who actually did the DNA testing on some mummies found near Machu Pichu...he was interesting to talk to as well.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hehe, wierd how an 'flat out' question can give rewards, like you just ask some one: hey, any ufo sightings lately?

I ask people at work, just fruits, but they look at me real wierd, then I say, Ive seen it , my wife too. then they relay 'need' to go !! hahaha .
So pathetic... the vat|can say it is ok to believe in this, so I do just that ..

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
yeah I pretty much asked them str8 up whats the deal...tell me what you've seen, for no other reason than I wanna know. I don't care if a fool like the pope says its alright. I'm smarter AND more spiritual than that POS. I ask cuz it's the right thing to do, if anyone knows about UFO's it's pilots, and I always ask em....

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
aerospace engineers huh?
I'll look out for em.
Had a guy this week who actually did the DNA testing on some mummies found near Machu Pichu...he was interesting to talk to as well.

And... what did he say, you're killing me...hahahaha I own two bars and bartend often, you're right, the conversations and people you meet...

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
He told me that the mummies were a mother and her children, he could NOT tell me the ethnic background of the mummies because he said DNA testing isn't reliable for that. He did tell me that one of them had died of a lightning strike though.

Yeah I've seen plenty of people that we all know at my bar....eddie vedder was the coolest though. I liked Xzibit too, who else orders a top shelf long island? I've seen em all....

Most scandalous had to be Mark Foley who as you may remember was sending naughty emails to underage male pages....the media told you he was in rehab during the scandal, well he was, if by rehab they mean sitting at my bar drinking beers. LOL what a tool.

If you ever want me to guest bartend at yer bar then give me a shout. I'm gettin a pretty good name around here. I've been on local TV 3 times, and was in GQ as seattle's most inspired bartender 2007, among other things.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Wow, much more exciting than Spokane
and grats on the awards. I love seeing people succeed like that
Your welcome to tend anytime, being from seattle means you have your class 12. Or you can just stop by and I'll buy you a top shelf Long Island

edit to add: oh ya, I was hoping the mummies had dna not from earth....
::taking tinfoil hat off now::

[edit on 4/5/2009 by JohnnyR]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I don't drink long islands, but if you can make a mean Veiux Carre then I'm there....

Plus I would love to bartend at yer bar, I've never been to Spokane, maybe I should come by for a weekend and check it out, do a little bartending at one or both of yer places...what are they called BTW?

See if I can't milk some more UFO info out of the pilots over in eastern WA.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

The only thing that makes me hesitate about most pilot's acknowledgment that they see UFOS, is I don't believe that their observation powers are near as extraordinary as us regular folks like to superimpose on them. Speed, size, distance...all things are very difficult to remotely guess at

Lol c'mon man. That's like watching a pro-fighter on tv and saying "yeah he looks tough but I might be able to take him down." Pilots fly all the time and see other planes (of which those sizes are known) in the air and they know approximate distances based on mathematics and years of judgement blah blah. No pilots are not infallible. But if you are a "regular" person then you should superimpose great observation powers on pilots because they are way better than "regular folks."

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Scramjet76]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Interesting but not surprising. Remember I was at your bar about a year or more ago and some older gentleman sitting next to me got pretty talkative with his beers. He ended up telling me before he was a commercial pilot he was in the military. They were doing a regular patrol flying around the mediterranean sea when a bright red light appeared right next to their aircraft. It followed them moving from one side of the plane to the other like they were standing still. Everyone on the plane saw it and was freaked out and had no idea what it could be. Soon it disappeared but he never forgot the experience. Also to the OP- nice job in with boozing up the captains for some ufo discussions

top topics

join