It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's In Africa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hi there, I am new to this site. I have read some of the postings, especially those on UFO sightings, and have found them very interesting.

In a recent television broadcast in SA, it was said that we have had frequent visitations. In the last four months Gauteng residents (those living in Johannesburg) have witnessed not one but three incidents.

I am curious, do UFO's frequent specific areas?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This will get you started I searched ATS with your title

UFO 's in Africa

Welcome to ATS by the way

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by downinafrica

I was in contact with a guy from Sufog I think it was called and he sent me a mag from SA. It had this incident in there called the Juberta sighting, I can't remember the details now but it was in the 70's if memory serves me. Welcome to ATS btw.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by downinafrica
I am curious, do UFO's frequent specific areas?

UFOs are seen worldwide in all countries. I know there was a famous case Morocco. I remember seeing some declassified top secret South African military UFO files. Since it used to have nuclear weapons, I'm sure UFOs have been visiting that area for a while.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Some very interesting cases took place in Africa, including Blue Book UNEXPLAINED case # 845, occurred in Nanyika, Kenya, on December 2, 1950.
More in general, i tend to believe that one of the problems with UFOs sightings in Africa is the relative lack of medias (talking most about the past of course), but absence of reports doesn't mean automatically absence of events.
Another case worthy to be discussed would be the one occurred in TANANARIVE, MADAGASCAR, on 1954:

On August 16, 1954, at 05:00pm, an event stupefied tens of thousands of witnesses at Tananarive, Madagascar (The number of potential witness is an estimated 200.000).

At 05:00pm, Air France's agency personal awaited the arrival of the air mail, delivered by a Lockheed Constellation. One hour after the arrival of the Constellation, the mail has already been distributed and members of the Air France agency, among which Mr. Edmond Campagnac, former military officer and at that time technical director of Air France in Tananarive were quietly chatting together, close to the Avenue of the Liberation, the largest street in Tananarive.

Sudden somebody sees in the sky a "electric green ball" descending straight towards the ground near the Palais de la Reine. He points at it and everybody watches. The phenomenon disappears behind a hill, and they all expect to hear a mighty explosion when the thing hit the ground.

But the green light does not hit the ground.

The green ball reappears a minute afterwards, bigger. It makes a circle over the higher parts of Tananarive, a city built on and inside a series of hills with a "horseshoe" Configuration. The thing then proceeds to fly above Avenue of the Liberation, at an altitude of some 50 to 150 meters in front of tens of thousands of amazed inhabitants. When it flew in front of the Air France personal, they could all get a good look at it. Mr. Campagnac realized that the "electric green light" looks like a kind of lens shaped plasma, of approximately 40 meters length, the "size of a DC4 aircraft." This green lens is closely followed by a flying machine with a distinct silvery metallic aspect and the shape of a football, also 40 meter long, At the back of this metal machine, bluish exhaust flames are seen.

The craft was totally silent. M. Campagnac, in his testimony, which he often publicly offered, explains that the craft did not even make the sound of swishing a flyier would make through the air.

In this case, it is noticeable that the estimate of altitude is not subject to doubts: indeed, while flying above the buildings of Avenue de la Libération, the craft also passed in front of the hills in the background, not with the sky as background.

Several physical phenomena were observed: first of all, the witnesses in the whole city could note that public lights and shop lights died out exactly at the moment the craft passed above them, and functioned again at once behind its passage.

Then the inhabitants quickly noticed that barnyard animals, dogs in the whole city, were howling or barking. At one time during its travel above the city, the UFO flew above the animal park where peasants keep the animals to be sold at daytime at the city's markets. All these animals entered a state of total panic when the object flew over them, though when airplanes flew over them as usually, for example the "Constellation" one hour before, the animals did never show any such reaction, although airplanes are noisy and the UFO, again, was totally silent.

After having flown over Tananarive, the machine set out towards the West. Two or three minutes after, the estimate while being with this approximation, a similar machine or the same machine was observed at 150 kilometers South of Tananarive above a farm school. There again, the herds were seized by panic. The farm director had to call for reinforcements in order to bring back the animals which run away in all directions, risking death in marshes. It is this call to reinforcements which made the witnesses of Tananarive aware of this second observation.

www.ufoevidence.org...

See also:
TANANARIVE, MADAGASCAR 1954:

and

FLYING DISKS IN MADAGASCAR, 1954

But the most (to me) impressive case was the one involving 62 children of a school in Zimbabwe:

See also:

Ariel School Sighting - Ruwa, Zimbabwe
UFO Evidence
Graphical/pictorial overview of the Ariel School Sighting, with images of the children and their drawings, and excerpts from researchers' reports.

Exploring African and Other Alien Abductions
Dominique Callimanopulos
The Ariel School sighting is one of the most significant in recent UFO history. ...The event lasted about fifteen minutes, the children said, before the spaceships faded from view. But even in their state of fear, many of the children reported also being curious and fascinated by the strange beings they saw, whose eyes in particular commanded an intense attention. R

The Zimbabwe School Close Encounter
Loy Lawhon, About.com
On the morning of September 16, 1994, teachers and school officials at the Ariel School in Ruwa, Zimbabwe were amazed when the school's students, aged approximately 5 to 12 years old, reported that a flying object had landed on the school grounds. R

South African TV Reports on Zimbabwe UFO sighting
South African TV, Channel 1
Tonight at 8.30 SA time we were treated to the rare spectacle of a half a dozen CHILDREN AGED 8-12 attesting ON tv to the fact that a group of them had seen a group of four or five UFOs. R

On ATS:

62 Children witness UFO/Extraterrestrial in South Africa!!!

62 children meet aliens in Zimbabwe?

More results

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Here`s an interesting one from 2007.
Unfortunately, I haven`t heard anything more concerning this incident.

UFO Crash in South Africa

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome! This is phenominal.

I see that there is already a post regarding these sightings in Johannesburg.

Carte Blanche: Investigative Journalism UFO Report

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Here`s an interesting one from 2007.

I have tried to research it, but could only come up with the original briefing and thats about it.

Very interestingly though, in 1965, there were reports of a UFO landing in the same area. This, from what I can understand, was quickly covered up by the government.
(dont know how to insert original article ..)

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Theres a report here from 2003

ORANGE UFO HOVERS OVER PRETORIA
"An unidentified flying object was sighted over Pretoria," the capital of South Africa, "according to several city residents who claim they all witnessed the same object on Monday night," January 6, 2003.

"One of several callers to The Citizen yesterday (Tuesday, January 7, 2003) said they had seen a UFO flying over (the) Brooklyn and Waterkloof areas between 8:30 and 9:15 p.m."

"People interviewed claimed the object, which made no sound, was roundish and bright orange in colour."

"'It was an orange bright light that was moving in a north to south direction as I approached the Brooklyn Circle. It was moving slowly at about 500 meters (1,650 feet) above the ground before it stopped, switching its lights on and off. It disappeared behind a hill in Waterkloof,' said Moncilo Radovanovic."

"Manager of a local take away (fast-food restaurant in the USA--J.T.) Mike Vermeulen said he saw the orange object hovering above a hill before it moved off at high speed."

"'At first I thought it was a plane, helicopter or one of those airships, but realised it was nothing I had seen before. It made no noise and was moving silently. It was very interesting to watch,' said Vermeulen, 'It was definitely not just a normal bright light.'"

"But the sighting could not be officially confirmed. General Manager of Air Traffic and Navigational Services Arthur Bradshaw said, 'We did not receive reports of anything.'"

"A similar response was received from the (South African) Air Force, Police and airports in the vicinity." (See the South African newspaper The Citizen for January 8, 2003, pages 1 and 2. Many thanks to Dave G. for forwarding this newspaper article.)

www.ufoinfo.com...
Cheers.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Need I say anything more than WOW! Nothing more convincing than hearing it from the mouth of a child.

Thanks for the input - superb!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hello all,

I just finished reading this thread and i felt i could add a little info, recently an event happened in Morocco about a strange light:

A strange light that appears in the region where the tribes settled Imeghran, 65 km north-west of Ouarzazate, spreads terror among the population. Some think it's an angel who watches over a buried treasure in the region, others believe it is rather a jinn haunting these places, reports the daily Al Massae.

...Only young people in the region have tried to find a scientific answer to this phenomenon and have even contacted National Geographic and NASA researchers, which will deploy a team soon to try to discover the secret of this strange light.

UNUSUAL: A STRANGE LIGHT terrorized the inhabitants of Ouarzazate

you can also find the catalog of all the ufo events reported in morocco (it is in french but you could try using google translate to read it in english):

catalog ufo morocco
edit on 8-5-2011 by MonsieurM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonsieurM
Hello all,

I just finished reading this thread and i felt i could add a little info, recently an event happened in Morocco about a strange light:

A strange light that appears in the region where the tribes settled Imeghran, 65 km north-west of Ouarzazate, spreads terror among the population. Some think it's an angel who watches over a buried treasure in the region, others believe it is rather a jinn haunting these places, reports the daily Al Massae.

...Only young people in the region have tried to find a scientific answer to this phenomenon and have even contacted National Geographic and NASA researchers, which will deploy a team soon to try to discover the secret of this strange light.

UNUSUAL: A STRANGE LIGHT terrorized the inhabitants of Ouarzazate

you can also find the catalog of all the ufo events reported in morocco (it is in french but you could try using google translate to read it in english):

catalog ufo morocco
edit on 8-5-2011 by MonsieurM because: (no reason given)

for your knowledge:

Ben Guerir Air Base - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

nasa base in Morocco

new topics

top topics

join