It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could have dinner at one chef's house...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
pasquale the singing italian chef who would bust out italian opera tunes out of nowhere while chopping vegetables.

everytime he's finished cooking and puts all his entrees on a plate i get hungry and go to the italian bakery for some takeout.

he's dead now but he'll put gordan ramsey, jaime oliver and every other celebrity chef to shame.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I would have to go with Bobby Flay. I love grilling and Southwest food.
Paula Dean would be another if I could pick two

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Emeril...

Hands down. I've been to both of his restaurants in Orlando, and have ordered many different things...even dishes that have things I don't normally like...and EVERYTHING has been some of the most delicious food I've ever eaten.

We go there now at least once, every time we're in Orlando (twice if we can afford it, as it isn't exactly cheap, hehe...)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It would be most definitely Anthony Bourdain. I love watching his show No Reservations, and I like his personality a lot.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

It's funny, my mother is definitely a food fan, and a Paula Dean fan, but she said the food at her restaurant (I think it's called "My Two Sons") in GA. was not anything to write home about...and she was pretty disappointed.

Of course, I don't think my mother has ever eaten out at a place she DIDN'T have something bad to say...that's just her.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
One of the original Iron Chef's when it was in Japanese!

Masaharu Morimoto!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
You know you are getting old on ats when......

You think, oh that thread looks interesting!!!

and then you realize you started it .

I forgot about this, thanks for bumping it.

I think I have to agree too about Bobby Flay and Alton Brown. Just because I love the way he describes things.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I would love to have dinner at Nancy Silverton's house. Some years back she sold her business The LaBrea Bakery in Los Angeles, but the breads from that bakery are still sold at most grocery stores around the USA. Check out her book on bread, especially her unique recipe for sourdough starter. It uses grapes, because grape skins are a rich source of the natural fermentation bacteria that are essential for the success of sourdough starter. Although these fermentation bacteria always are found on the surface of grains, once the grains are milled into flour, the bacteria do not always thrive in the flour, especially if a lot of time has passed since the flour was milled or (worst case scenario) if the flour was frozen (the fermentation bacteria needed for sourdough starter to work are killed by freezing). That's why using grape skins is a sure-fire way to succeed in creating a sourdough starter. Just make sure to use organically grown grapes. Here is a bio of Nancy Silverton:

www.pbs.org...

And here is Osteria Mozza, the Los Angeles restaurant she currently owns:

www.opentable.com...
edit on 2/16/2011 by Uphill because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Wow I didn't see this thread till today

I would choose to head to

Marco Pierre White's home ( even if there was no food just to pick his brain and learn some )
hopefully he would have some funny stories on training Gordon Ramsay

I would love to have all his books Marco's that is and yes
would even get my hands on Ramsay's books
last I looked an original print Ramsay 3 star chef book was well over 100 bucks
probably worth it though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join