It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could have dinner at one chef's house...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Who would you like to cook for you?

Bobby Flay?

Thomas Keller

Chef Boyardee XD

Wolfgang Puck

Who would you like to cook for you and do you have an idea of what you would like them to cook?

Just curious what your thoughts are..

Me, though she is not an internationally known chef,I would love to have Nigella Lawson cook for me. She just loves food and I just like to watch the way she cooks.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Julia Child definitely. I wouldn't care a lot about what she fixed. Anything would be fine I'm sure......as long as she popped open the bottle of wine.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
My Grandma wasn't the greatest chef.

But she introduced our street to "Baked Alaska" ... which is a dessert of ice cream & some sponge cake topped off with meringue. It goes in the oven just long enough to firm the meringue, without melting the ice cream ... a modern miracle !! She often had neighbours come by just to see this creation of hers. Amazing memories.

Anyway I digress.

I'd like to have the Galloping Gourmet cook me Beef Wellington. He was a New Zealander, or Australian, by the name of Graham Kerr & had a tv show in the 60's & 70's. He used ingredients which nowadays are regarded as so unhealthy ... butter, double cream etc. He made it all so entertaining and look so easy.

He was the perfect antidote to the other tv chef of the day, Fanny Craddock. She was a sour faced old witch ... any Brits remember her ?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Mario Batali would be my pick and I would opt for his seven course wine and food pairing dinner with Osso Bucco as my pick for the main dish.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It would have to be another dinner at the home of the Gentleman who was one of my teachers in culinary school in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence in France. The Incomparable Michel Depardon of Sette e Mezzo. Rest in Peace my Brother, I'll see you on the other side....

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Snisha

Aw Snisha, you made me sad. So I take it your a chef yourself then?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Bobby Flay!!!

I think he is great..

Although not a Chef, Alton Brown would be my other first choice...

Semper

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yes, I'm a chef(specializing in Cajun/Creole cuisine) but I have also had various other jobs over the years, before I returned to cooking about a year ago I was for 4 yrs the Director of Quality Control for a company that traveled around the country performing natural disaster cleanups(hurricanes, ice storms, etc.)

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well if it has to be a chef I'd go with Hiroyuki Sakai who was the French Iron chef on the Japanese (original) version of Iron Chef.

That guy made food that made me dream of smellovision and tasteovision.

But if it can be a non chef/personality type I'd go with Paula Dean. You know pretty much everything would be fried and I bet she is just a major kick in the pants to hang out with and have some kooky fun.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
More TV hosts than chefs these days, but out of everyone I'd love to eat with....

Anthony Bourdain or Andrew Zimmern

Oh the fun we would have.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Gordon Ramsey... mostly because I think he's hot.

I realize he is married, but this is my fantasy. Let me have it.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Gordon Ramsey... mostly because I think he's hot.

But you could never take any children with you!!!

I love "Hell's Kitchen" but WOW does he have a mouth on him!!!

Semper

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

But you could never take any children with you!!!

I love "Hell's Kitchen" but WOW does he have a mouth on him!!!

Semper

It's true, and I have to laugh when his face gets red and his voice cracks.
But when he is civil....rwar! lol

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Paul Prudhomme

No question about it. Paul Prudhomme. Yummmm.

Or Anthony Bourdain. Anthony Bourdain is delicious. But I would probably just want to go on vacation with him, not have dinner at his house.

[edit on 4/13/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Remember the Cajun chef, Justin Wilson? He passed away a few years ago, but he was very entertaining and everything he cooked looked great. I think it would've been a blast to eat a meal he cooked at his house. One of those throw the newspapers on the table and dump the seafood on it deals.

On a slightly unrelated note and in regards to Gordon Ramsay, I have a dream show where Bob Knight opens a restaurant and Ramsay comes in for his Kitchen Nightmares deal. Forget MMA, that's a pay per view, right there.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

On a slightly unrelated note and in regards to Gordon Ramsay, I have a dream show where Bob Knight opens a restaurant and Ramsay comes in for his Kitchen Nightmares deal. Forget MMA, that's a pay per view, right there.

I'd pay to see it

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Eric Ripert. Exect Chef and owner of Le Bernadin. This guy is the real deal.
His reastaurant was one of only four restaurants in the city (NYC) where it received 3 Michelin stars. Daniel Buloud only received one.

HOWEVER, working @ MARCH, in NYC.....years ago, WAYNE NISH is my mentor.! A true genious! And it never got to his head like most celeb chefs....

P.S. Nigelle's kinda hot dude!

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Ben Niceknowinya]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Who would you like to cook for you?

I'd like that guy from 'Hell's Kitchen' whip me up a dish of chicken adobo, cream soup and maybe something made out of chocolate for dessert.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Actually i would choose my mom,because she always can make me satisfied with her dishes,although she is not professional .

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Anthony Bourdain!! I would love to go across the world with this guy, have a couple of shots, and eat some street food. I know we would hit it off. Does it matter that Id like to date him too?

Mmmm.

Peace, NRE.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join