It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Begs Cop: 'Why Did You Shoot Me Sir?'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Man Begs Cop: 'Why Did You Shoot Me Sir?'

wcbstv.com

Andre Doss said he responded to his father's call for help at his local business and called 9-1-1 himself. Police arrived and shot him instead.

In a CBS 2 HD exclusive we have the audio recording of just what happened when police were executing a search warrant in Roselle, N.J.

When Andre Doss was shot in the upper torso, family members said by a police officer, it was all being recorded.

Doss: "Oh Lord, please, please, please, please, please, please, please ... call an ambulance!
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
3 officers shot in Pittsburgh
Official: Hostages held after 'multiple' shootings Binghamton, New York

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Kudos to those who managed to get this event to the public!

I think there is an increasing probability that there is a concerted effort to publicize gun violence, but only while it demonstrates the misuse of firearms by private citizens.

I cannot attribute that perception to anything in particular, it could be political or ideological, it could be social engineering, or otherwise. But we must remember that all encounters involving armed aggression are prone to end this way.

Even professionals like the police are capable of utter idiocy when intoxicated by the power of lethal force and the presumption of proximity to that "Hollywood" moment of imminent danger.

For some reason I feel like we are seeing a lot of this kind of reporting lately.

I am concerned that at some editorial level a question is being asked; "Is this about 'gun violence' or 'law enforcement'? " the answer to that question guides them to determine if it will be disseminated at the national level or not.

I just thought it might be prudent to remind ourselves in these turbulent times that nobody's perfect....

Think about it. You decide.

wcbstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
ugh your right max their is alot of things like this that have been covered lately. I guess its not really surprising in the growing police state in which we live these days.

As a gun owner and law abiding citizen i will tell you that if a cop ever drew down on me i wouldnt hesitate to return the favor in kind. People let the police have far to much power anymore. I mean did you see the NFL guy whos mother-in-law died while a cop harrassed him and his wife outside the hospital (clearly a racial incedent) its sickening.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This is a look at the America of the Future.
As with the mass shooting/killings....

More and more people being shot by police as the economic stress level
increases and people get desperate and start to act crazy, violent and out of control.

All parties will be living in fear and the armed ones are going to shoot people out of fear, frustration and in some cases power tripping.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I imagine that there will be little aside from the obvious to be learned from this case.

Police are no longer "Peace Keepers".., there just the muscle for civil authority, or "Law Enforcement."

They rarely seem to be inclined to be peaceful and protective anymore. At least what we see of them... perhaps that's an element of this as well... only time will tell, I suppose.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Doss: "I called you guys. I called you guys 'cause someone was trying to shoot me. Oh my God. Why are doing this? What's this for? What is this for?"

Officer: "Got a search warrant."

Remind me, when was a law passed that allowed Police Officers to indiscriminately shoot people simply because they have a search warrant?

It's not a licence to kill for god's sake.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Makes me wonder how many times police just kill people for fun. We seen it with the army in iraq, they just killed anyone they wanted too.

Surely the same mentailty applies to police as they ahve this much power of anyone they want.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

That's pretty awful, but that's what it's like when you're black in america. Unfortunately, there's usually no video or audio tape, so we don't hear anything about it.

And imagine the lie they made up this time, that the cop "slid on wet pavement and that the gun accidentally went off". That's what the security lock on the gun is for, so that it doesn't "accidentally" go off. These folks are awful, but unfortunately there's nothing anyone can do about it.

That's just life in America.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious
reply to post by Maxmars

.... that's what it's like when you're black in america.

That's just life in America.

I disagree with the former, I agree with the latter.

The time for being anything other than American has passed.

Like I try to convey to every new member I greet ...

"Who you are doesn't matter, only what you think."

I think that should be the America's new social doctrine.

But our 'leaders' and their 'mouthpieces' insist we should all be focused on everything that keeps us separate from one another. God forbid we become a community.

top topics

join