It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle Plane thingy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
A few years ago, I was outside and it was the nighttime. I noticed this plane flying overhead of me. It was flying low yet you couldn't really hear it. It was in the exact shape of a triangle and it had all these lights on the bottom. The first thing that popped up in my head was a Night Hawk. Anybody got any ideas out of the blue?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Some links for you to check out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

robocat.users.btopenworld.com...

Could have also been a normal plane with a glare of some sort... or an XR-7 Thunderdart.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
No, nothing yet. Ok the plane was black, thats for sure. It was flying low, and I mean LOW, not some faint thing, it was a very sharp triangle and the lights on the bottom were in a triangular pattern like in rows yet were going with the shape of the plane, which was a triangle, the lights weredots but were cleary visable and weren't tiny, like I said it was VERY VERY quiet and since it was dark too and the plane was black it would have been hard to detect if it didn't have all those lights. It also wasn't moving super fast. A very strange plane....

EDIT: By teh way I live in Virginia Beach, VA which you should all know is near a very big base...

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by Mr.Xio]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Sounds like a new version of the Thunderdart to me or a B-2A. Hey, maybe you saw an XB-2C Bomber.

Just because Thunder is in it's name doesn't mean it's loud... and it also doesn't mean it has to go fast. Remember nothing has to go at all if it's commanded not to.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Could you describe it with more details please?

I have an idea, but I do not want to give you the wrong impression.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Did it look like this?

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr.Xio
A few years ago, I was outside and it was the nighttime. I noticed this plane flying overhead of me. It was flying low yet you couldn't really hear it. It was in the exact shape of a triangle and it had all these lights on the bottom. The first thing that popped up in my head was a Night Hawk. Anybody got any ideas out of the blue?

Stealth fighter perhaps, its a triangle shape

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

It doesn't have to be triangle to be stealth, take the B-2 for instance, not a triangle, or the Sr-71, it goes really fast making it impervious to radar or attack(which ever fits more).

As well as the F-22, it is not a triangle and it still stealth.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

It doesn't have to be triangle to be stealth, take the B-2 for instance, not a triangle, or the Sr-71, it goes really fast making it impervious to radar or attack(which ever fits more).

Shattered OUT...

I dont think infinite was saying that an aircraft has to be a triangle just to be stealth, just that the "Stealth Fighter" IS a triangle, and IS also black, and kinda fits the description.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Seems to me that rows of lights in the shape of the plane wouldn't be very stealthy. As far as I know, all of the planes mentioned have conventional lighting.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
ive seen a b-2 and f-117 in clear daylight and i liv in va. beach wat part do ulive in? the base u r talkin bout is oceana right ,there is more than one big base

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
also northrup grummans HQ is around here in va. Beach and they make the B-2 they have some buildings near greenbrier mall and in newport news shipyard. maybe u should ask people around here that work for grumman

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
langley airforce base is around here

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Oh yeah and it was flying over the church I was at.....Maybe it was something out of this world? Eh...

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Best bet is to say that it was probably some type of miltary aircraft. Chances are its one of their new toys.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Shapes are hard to make out at night. Three bright lights on the underside can make a plane look triangular if the glare from the lights blows away your ability to see the actual shape.

Some non-triangular aircraft can look very triangular when viewed at certain angles. Of course it could have been triangular in reality, too.

Most aircraft do not have a whole bunch of lights on the underside. Here's a list of the kinds of lights you are likely to see:

Landing lights: Very bright white directional lights, shining forwards like car headlamps. Often located on landing gear or in wing leading edge.

Navigation lights: a red light on the left wingtip, green light on the right wingip, and a white light on the tail.

Anticollision lights: red/white strobe or rotating red beacon.

If you saw a plane with really bright lights, it was probably taking off or landing and had the landing lights turned on.

Military aircraft usually don't light themselves up like a christmas tree at low altitude away from airfields. The FAA requires all aircraft to have certain lights (see above), but when conditions permit some military aircraft may switch to night vision goggle friendly IR lighting, making them completely dark to bare eyes.

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by Amet Khan]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Did it look like this?

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by kinglizard]

Hmm.......

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

Originally posted by infinite

Shattered OUT...

Except for the SR-71, the aircraft you mentiond aren't complete triangles; you can however draw a triangle around them or their wing structure(s). About the SR-71, isn't it very VERY loud? Seems to me, that the faster the vehicle goes, the louder it gets (applies to the declassified projects only).

About the original topic, I remember reading about silent, jet-black, 'lighter-than-air' aircraft with many lights on their undersides that can carry payloads just like traditional bombers. But if you wanted to avoid detection, why have lights on the bottom of your craft?

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by xenophanes85]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
If it was a few years ago, and near both a Northrop Grumman plant and NAS Oceana, then it could have been related to the supposedly-cancelled A-12, which was triangular (not to be confused with the 50s / 60s CIA proto-Blackbird A-12's). Could've been a scale testbed, or even a full-size flyer (tho' NG never admitted to flying one)

???

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Yup that sounds good to me it is also near nasa's research base langley and less than 50 miles is wallops island a rumored base of aurora.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join