It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You would be able to go invisible soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

You would be able to go invisible soon

in.news.yahoo.com

Your dream of possessing a Harry Potter invisibility cloak could be just months away, at least that's what a British scientist claims.

Sir John Pendry, who pioneered the concept, believes that the cloak that can make an object disappear could be unveiled within next six months.

"The first man-made cloak will be more like an invisibility "carpet", the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Pendry as saying.

As a tiny object is placed underneath it, it will seemingly disappear because the bump the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This is again "alien" stuff. Bending the radiation around an object so that we are not able to see it. But it seems that now it is very possible.

Maybe someday we could use this in military or warfare, where we would be invisible to the enemy.

Beyond fiction, the real dream of invisibilty would have been achieved. But then if this technology becomes widespread, then how could we know how many people are invisible around us? What if a thief becomes invisible and enters the house?

I guess the technology will initially be not wide spread and will be controlled in some manner

in.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
this was already covered in another thread.

it will be used for military advances, but it'll never reach the public, the cost to manufacture it is probably astronomical. Id say 2% of the world will actually get to touch it and have a peice of it. other then that...there isnt going to be a bunch of people running around invisible. there will be too many laws broken and deaths....imo.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I can't see that working in the case of a theif. In a large building it would likely work, but you can't eliminate sound (yet) or the fact that you still have a 6ft tall solid person stood invisibly in your hallway.

It is also an imperfect technology - you can see the edges of it, and you could also use other spectrums to look at the person (e.g. in the infrared).

[edit on 4-4-2009 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I totaly agree..the very first thought that came to my mind, was how bad humans, perticularly males, would abuse this new 'toy'. Theives go enter a home, buisness, store undetected. Maybe even banks, the white house as well!! Sad to say, i wonder how much rape would go up : (

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Its gonna be kinda hard to see while "cloaked".

You need that wonderfull radiation.

top topics

join