It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from China!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SOXMIS

Originally posted by SOXMIS
In my experiance I'd say my last port of call Australia is a more likely candidate to filter ATS than here. One of the things I find fascinating about living here is the smashing of the illusions I have had built up for me by the western media. I would trust China far more than the UK or America. Having said that I know there are issues sensitive to the government and I hope everybody respects my wish to decline answers to certain questions. I think as long as I concentrate on things I know about the west I shouldn't have a problem.

Hi Edrick,

I'd say it was more than the American media. Interesting to note that there's been a ramping up of negative reporting since the start of the so called economic crisis. One story that caught my eye was the report elites here keep the best food produce for themselves. It reminded me of how all the food delivered to British Army bases goes to the officers mess first so they can pick out the choice items before leaving the rubbish for the lads. I've also seen this in supermarket chains in Australia and the UK, the more upmarket areas better supplied than the poorer areas. Really talk about throwing stones in glass houses!

Hi tamusan,
yes it is great. I emigrated to Australia about ten years ago with dreams of a happy life. For all its beauty I cant really say I was ever happy there yet in the short amount of time I've been here it has turned my life around. Thanks for the welcome, were you ever stationed in Germany?

With regards to Taiwan I think its a game being played out by America to have staging bases around what it perceives to be its enemies, which seems to be the rest of the world. I'm very positive about China, they are a very cautious people with a natural distrust of the west. Whilst in Australia I learnt that its possible they may have visited long before the British ever "discovered" it, unlike the colonial Westerners they were not interested in taking over, merely trade to benefit both sides. I understand a book was written recently posing that China may have traveled all over the globe with a similer mandate, I'm trying to get a hold of it. The only thing I worry about is the fact there is a Rockefeller here, a Bush and an Obama and lord knows who else, perhaps bending the ears of some key players to achieve the West ultimate agenda.

Hello MightyAl,
thanks for the reply and I apologise in return for not getting back to you sooner. I agree with a lot of what you say, my major concern is that when the West intend to go after a country there is a concerted effort in the media to demonise that nation. I have seen a growing amount of criticism of this country which has me very worried. I despise any form of war and one involving the west vs the east would be at best the end of civilisation on this planet. No political set up is or ever has been perfect, the world becoming one is inevitable Im afraid, the question is how will it evolve. In Europe, Britain, USA, Australia and virtually every other country in the developing world this evolution seems to be a dissolving of traditional values, local culture and an adoption of the American way. Here in China there appears to be a high resistance to those changes, it is quite refreshing to see the McDonalds, KFC's etc struggling for customers while the smaller, local traditional eateries are normally packed.

Hello Cloudbreak,

Hello IchiNiSan, I agree totally with Cloudbreak but would like to add that China could be slightly forgiven for its sometimes paranoid approach with regards control/ propaganda. If you had been facing the hypocrisy of Western forces for hundreds of years then it would be the only logical route to take. I found this out in Germany during the Cold War. As the late, great Bill Hicks said (Im paraphrasing) "its quite a thing to wake up and find YOUR the evil empire!). Most people here are very open to new ideas and ways at looking at things, quite refreshing after the years of near violence I experienced in Australia for expressing my views.

Very interesting point Edrick, sorry I missed your post before writing my last reply. I feel a lot happier here in China although there doesnt seem to be much understanding of how the western elites operate, I saw a disturbing interview with Rothschild on a Chinese TV show where he gleefully informed the Chinese of his family background and business modus operandi, the crowd seemed pretty enamoured by him, however a recent book called Money Wars by Song Hong Bin has opened many friends I have here of Western Capitalist ideology!

Thank you ProfEmeritus
I shall have a look for both of them tomorrow. I would take a bad press from the British media as a letter of recommendation!

Grimnal thank you for exposing the ignorance that makes up a large portion of the Australian population and showing just why I left.

Hi KRISKALI777

not sure what to make of it all, possible destabilisation, sponsored by some nefarious agency in the west. I saw some protesters in Brisbane a few years back, started around 0800am, all lined up in the lotus position outside the town hall, 0810 rain started, 0815 all gone home.

So out of 12 posts, need I say more? To have an opinion is one thing but to come into a forum cold and ready to espouse hatred towards The British, America, Australia, UK, and all of the western world and our cultures, practices and lifestyles is simply giving away your agenda quite clearly.

I have no problem with listening to rational thoughts for your reasons of choosing China as your new home, but as long as you try to waltz into this site which is a safe place for ALL people of the world regardless of race or color or creed it is not acceptable and I find your introduction offensive and questionable.

Now I pray that we will find common ground somewhere around the forum and under more positive circumstances, just know that your words are hurtful and unfair to people like myself.

Furthermore do you see the interest that members have shown about your life in China? Let it be a two way street. They did not even bother to listen when you told them you have just moved there...

If I had one question for you it would be to ask how you feel about Tibet? About the history and rich heritage being torn down and destroyed by the Chinese military regime.

You speak out against tyranny and oppression, yet you choose China where the government is notorious for dismantling individuality, freedom and the pursuit of religious rights.

Enough for now.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by antar]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
@antar

You speak out against tyranny and oppression, yet you choose China where the government is notorious for dismantling individuality, freedom and the pursuit of religious rights.

Lets see here...

British surveillance on its populous...
www.dailymail.co.uk...

US government tapping its citizens phones
www.nytimes.com...

US no fly lists
www.commondreams.org...

Australia censors its internet
en.wikipedia.org...

Japanese American internment by US govt
en.wikipedia.org...

The British opium wars against china
en.wikipedia.org...

And, lest we forget... *INDIA*
en.wikipedia.org...

You aren't REALLY putting western nations on a moral pedestal, are you?

Because... i mean.... wow, talk about bias.

About the history and rich heritage being torn down and destroyed by the Chinese military regime.

Here is some information on the native culture that was all but wiped out by the Americans:

en.wikipedia.org...

A history of the aboriginals in Australia:

en.wikipedia.org...-European_settlement

And... lets not forget.... *INDIA*

I mean... wow. ya know?

Just, wow.

-Edrick

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Very good point!

Oh but its worse than that, It's almost as if they are waiting for somebody to say anything and will just spew out all kinds of links in defense.

I have also been monitoring this "Intro"
thread it is very biased without provocation and seems suspicious. If anybody cares to bother rereading it you will notice plenty of baiting and like minded "newer member" posters tend to "Flock" to this thread, while all non like minded replies are either ignored or used as a staging for the further spreading of Anti-Western views again without provocation.

I'm all for free speech! But enough already of this elementary school yard spewing of pro China sentiment. China is great! Yeah Yeah we heard you already We get the idea! Enough already.

Possibly my tin foil hat is a bit tight tonight. But I have been cross referencing some of the "like Minded" Posters and then it gets really interesting. See for yourselves.

My Tin hats starting to sparkle or is it shinkle? Whatever. anyway something is rotten in Denmark I say.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Hello China from Sicily *Waves Hi*!

Welcome to ATS - I hope you enjoy your stay.

And since you asked - Here’s a thread for you!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I’ll be looking forward to your opinion.

Again, Welcome to ATS!

peace

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
hhahahaha, ironically is that people start to complaint about spreading anti-Western viewpoints when something "chinese-tinted" is spotted in ATS

it's fine and well, i learned how to live with that, just too funny

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I was kind of wondering that myself it did start to go south rather quickly right from the first two or three replies and as I got to this page and saw your post and I was just about to reply when I noticed all the quick responses. At first I thought I was just making things up in my head but after how you laid it out good job.

reply to post by SLAYER69

Good eye I liked what you had to say. I think china is awesome but this thread seems a bit off. I first saw this post and I was saying to myself alright cool another new comer then I started to read it and I was like Whats going on? I'm glad you pointed that out.

I wonder why ATS allows this type of thing to go on?

[edit on 20-4-2009 by Mek-Tech]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Let me state for the record, I personally do not agree with the sentiments of the OP against ALL western ideas and culture nor its people.

What seems to be the common thread here is that this being a discussion board for all the worlds people and races, we tend to find 'individuals' to talk with and learn from rather than politicians with agendas to fight with.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by antar]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Dont try and twist my words or sentiments antar. Criticism of western policy is not racism. Criticism of western media is not racism. I am a dual citizen of both the UK and Australia, I am entitled to criticize based on my own experiance, this is not racism. I have participated in policy for the British, American and Australian governments, I am entitled to criticize, this is not racism. The only view I have expressed that could be debated (and Im happy to) is my opinion that many Australians are ignorant. This comes from ten years of living there, my wife is Chinese and I have seen her treatment and those of any foreigner at the hands of these ignorant people. Bare in mind that Australians are not a race, I have met many fine Australians and am proud to count them amongst my friends, I also have many American friends and feel likewise. Please re read my posts and ask yourself if I have said anything negative about a race of people. The arguements about motive in my posts regarding China are at best ridiculous. If I was speaking positively about France, Italy, or indeed any country not considered an enemy by the west would I be accused of the same? This feels like racism to me, perhaps a few of you should consider your own views. Please feel free to debate, after all thats what a forums for but stop accusing with no evidence and a rather xenophobic paranoia.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Hello silo13, thanks for welcome, I shall check out your link and pass my comment, to be honest I think I should leave this thread alone and start getting out there amongst it.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Oh but before you go, one more thing to add...

(a private message sent to me that I bring to the forum (with permission)for consideration and clarification)

21-4-2009 at 05:15 AM
After I read your posts I must say, I agree with the fact that SOXMIS is anti west. I decided to google the name SOXMIS and to my surprise this is what I found.

www.arrse.co.uk...

A small group of Soviet observers or 'legal' spies in each of the American, British and French Sectors of Western Germany throughout the Cold War.

He did state he was a soldier in Germany during the cold war.

He also states that he was in the British military. The opposite to SOXMIS for the British military was called BRIXMIS. If he was part of this, why pick the name of the enemy...SOXMIS and not BRIXMIS?

www.arrse.co.uk...

Could be a coincidence? Hmmm....doubtful.

Anyways, thought I would pass it on.

[Mod - Edit: fix links as requested]

[edit on 21/4/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Hello silo13, thanks for welcome, I shall check out your link and pass my comment, to be honest I think I should leave this thread alone and start getting out there amongst it.

Amongst "it"? Could you clarify what you meant by that? Why do I get the feeling that you come from the 'us' against 'them' mentality?

You know, I am done here and I can only hope to find some 'real' common ground out on the forum with you, afterall this is a place where people from all countries, all cultures and walks of life gather to discuss topics of interest to all of us, yet it is not a place to turn people against the entire western peoples or any other nation on the planet.

You have to know I believe in moving forward towards a Type One Civilization...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Well as long as your not continuing with your claims of racism Im happy
. Seems I've ruffled a few paranoid feathers with my moniker, perhaps I'll leave it up to those concerned to decide what they wish with regards to the meaning of it all. You may be interested in my comments on Porton Down antar especially considering the current panic over swine flu, you'll find it in the earth exceeds limits thread. Trust me I'm the last person you should be worried about. What those who think they are in power have planned is now being implemented. I recommend you spend more time with your family, friends and those you care about than chasing ghosts on the Internet.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Welcome to ATs

Spike

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Welcome

Lots of love, from a fellow newbie

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
if my memory serves me well, SOXMIS was the card given to all british military personnel whilst on guard duty, if you spotted a soxmis car you were to report or stop the car as they were basically russian spies.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. This seems like a great forum!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Thanks to all who welcome me

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
It seems that "free" people who have been to China have quite different impression about China compare with those who have never been to China.
How to explain this phenomenon?
I think the only possible explanation is "free" media cheat "free" people.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by gs001]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join