It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw one again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Ok

last night (4/2)I had to go back to work late, around 8:15pm pdt

I had to stop to open the gate to the yard of my shop, as I did I noticed the ghetto bird(pd heli) flying around to the southwest , then a bright white light a little bigger than a star caught my eye. It was moving at a very high rate of speed, it was almost due west when I noticed it.
It was low in the sky, only about 15-20 degrees up from the horizon.
It was traveling in a south easterly direction until it was just shy of due south at that point it appeared to stop and hover ,but i got the sense that it turned and headed due south.
It dimmed til it disappeared.
the whole thing lasted maybe 5-7 seconds.

I checked heavens above and there were no iridium flares or Iss flares or any other flares for that matter in that part of the sky at that time.

It was just like the light I saw in august.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Could it be the ISS? I've been able to see it for the last couple of weeks, it's not passing over my area anymore now though.

Try checking the Human Space Flight site just choose your country and city and see if the sighting opportunities match up with what you saw.

Human Space Flight

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by adnil

Upon further inspection, there was an ISS pass at 8:40 but that was 20-30 min after saw what I saw.
Im certain of the time, because I clocked in on a job a couple of minutes later.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You described the moving light as 'a little brighter than a star'. The ISS is much brighter than any star, so as you say, unlikely to be that. However, there are literally hundreds of naked eye satellites as bright or brighter than typical stars moving across the evening skies in almost all directions. The ISS is just the most popular. The only way to be sure about the possibility of a satellite is to download a satellite prediction program. These use the NORAD orbital data of all these objects to predict their appearance in your location. You can even look out for the toolbag that NASA a astronaut lost weeks ago! It's pretty faint of course, but you'll see it with binoculars.

For the ISS, the Toolbag and several other brite objects, check out Heavens Above.

WG3

[edit on 4-4-2009 by waveguide3]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I found the tool bag guys, can you believe it landed in my back yard? It's amazing, it made it through and didn't even burn up..... incredible!
Ok, just kidding.

I wonder if any parts of it wouldn't burn up all the way by the time the tool bag parts hit the ground. It would be funny to be stuck in traffic on some highway and all of a sudden you hear *clunk* .... *smash* and then see it break your windshield. Well, so that part wouldn't be funny, but imagine trying to explain that to the car insurance people.... "I swear, it fell out of the sky! Didn't you know about the floating tool bag in orbit up in space?!?" The person on the other end would just say, "Sorry, we don't have coverage for fallen space tool bags...."

[edit on 4-4-2009 by dawnslight]

new topics

top topics

join