It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Response to abortion thread* Support Open Heart surger? Watch this video, and please defend your de

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Ewwww.. Look how gross. I have some vids of knee surgery, too, which are 100x worse.

My only point is, if you're going to try to get us to change our opinions on what a woman should be able to do with her body, you have to use reason, and sound arguments -- not some video of surgery -- which is always disgusting.

Just because it looks gross, doesn't mean we should all protest it. Such is the nature of digging around the human body.

Also, get a life.

-KTG

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
As a survivor of open heart surgery -- an operation that saved my life -- I resent this asinine defense of life-destroying abortion. Your guilt is deep, as it ought be. Playing with the ugly truth of your devotions will not ease that guilt.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by joeofthemountain

No, I simply think "hey, look at this picture of a dead baby" isn't a good enough reason to oppose abortion; just as looking at pictures of life-saving surgeries isn't a good reason to "oppose open heart surgery" -- I mean, have you seen it? It's gross. What kind of argument is "Hey, look at this disgusting picture?"

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

not some video of surgery -- which is always disgusting.

I don't see it as disgusting and i have had open heart surgery. CABGx5
it does not bother me at all to watch surgeries being done.

You want to see disgusting be a fire fighter/EMT and pull a DUI driver out of a car that has hit a solid object at over *0 mph.

The last on i did took over 4 hours to get most of the pieces out.

He hit a support column of a over pass.
after impact the front bumper and back bumper were less the a foot apart and the body was between them.

Oh and the engine had went through the driver and he was being cooked by the hot engine.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
reply to post by joeofthemountain

No, I simply think "hey, look at this picture of a dead baby" isn't a good enough reason to oppose abortion; just as looking at pictures of life-saving surgeries isn't a good reason to "oppose open heart surgery" -- I mean, have you seen it? It's gross. What kind of argument is "Hey, look at this disgusting picture?"

I think you're missing the point. This is a graphic video of a surgery, we can see that, and albeit it may have a lot of blood and seem gory, we know what this is is and their are no moral implications to it for most people. However, Abortion on the other hand is deliberately kept sanitized by languaging us into using medical terms rather than the language of the day, for example:

A woman who is looking forward to the birth of her child and suffers a mis-carriage, will say she lost the "baby". She says this because she has no shame no guilt and was not something she did intentionally so she can give the infant its due respect as a human being and identify it as "her baby"

I woman who would opt for an abortion, says she got rid of the fetus. She aborted the fetus, she terminated the "thing" she "took care of it". She exercised her "right" to choose, its execution was painful and not swift enough in most cases.

The same thing happens when we witness an execution, but when we watch a person die by accident or even his own hand, it isn't near as difficult to watch. Watching a state sanctioned execution even of a guilty man, is very hard to do. Watching the execution of the innocent and defenseless whose voice has no advocate is why you are trying to make this utterly fallacious point regarding your conscience bothering you when you see an abortion video. Watching an abortion video needs no extra dialogue as you say should be put forth.

Abortion is a tragic decision for one to make, it is when I see threads like this one and many others here that attempt to make the tragedy of abortion, a walk in the park without guilt, remorse, shame, or responsibility. This are the times we live in and how mis-guided debased and depraved we have become and the twisted rationale we use to justify our actions as if Character, Integrity and accountability were values we think we are about. People are disgusting, and after seeing another one of the latest Bible bashing orgies by atheist zealot budski, I am staring to feel like reading the stuff on this site, can get pretty depressing physically nauseating. I feel like I don't even recognise the world anymore. Maybe Iv'e out grown it, or maybe I am out of touch with it.

I sure miss the days when a man would die for a woman, a woman would kill for her child, I didn't have to hear about victims of Bible throat and all those shoving them seem to never run into me, I have never met anyone doing that I don't think saying the word God Bless you is an assault on someones sensitivites and I sure don't like gays shoving their lifestyle down our kids throats saying it is to teach tolerance. I wanted to give them a piece of my mind at the budski thread, but what would be the point. I see right through this threads real intention and I just wonder if you can watch this video and think it makes a logical argument comparing one graphic video of say a knee surgery and suggesting its graphic nature would have anyting to do with why it would be a "good reason" to oppise knee surgery when you need it. I mean considering the fact their is something a little more at stake here then say an anterior cruciate behind your knee cap. This is a human life being taken and knowing how people like you want to make it easier to sanitize such a thing, you stand as a testimony of how far from humanity to barbarism we have shifted.

the baby would trade their feelings for your witnessing his execution

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Geeee, you think this is in the same context as THAT??!?!?!?
I'm speechless.....

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Too bad that isn't the argument. The argument is as follows, "Look at this human being being brutally and painfully destroyed." in pictures of surgeries and etc, no one is dying unless it is a horrible accident or a surgery of Manglaesk proportions. A great many choose to ignore the fact that even a baby in vetro is a human being and think simply of the "freedom" of women. But since when is killing another who is blameless of any crime save existing perfectly acceptable?

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

new topics

top topics

join